Anyone out there daydreams uncontrollably?

PSPdude

:salam2:

I sometimes daydream for a few hours at a time. I seriously need help on this. I want to start my school work but Daydreaming will just take over it. I cant stop it. I tried ways to help me stop daydreaming but they didnt work.I try remembering Allah but also daydreaming takes over.

Anyone with a good advice to help me?

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
yea i have a similar problem i dont day dream for hours but i do almost all the times ... wat kinda helps me is to keep a bottle of water or some small snack me and i feel taking sips or drinks from time to time it helps me distracted from day dreaming and focus on my work :) well thats wat works for me maybe u can try it :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
LOL :p its even smaller when ur day dreaming U know u can be super man and stuff LOL :D I guess tahts why i day dream :p

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I think many suffer of this matter...but it varies in degree from one person to another...since you seem to have exhausted ways to *stop* this issue...

Have you by any chance looked for what *triggers* it?!!!

Maybe if you figure that out..it would be easy for you to prevent it..or decrease it

:wasalam:

Durriyyah

Forever Student

In the US, many people are diagnosed with ADD each year. Now, I don't know if that is the case with you or not, but it is possible. My nephew has ADD and the best example I've heard is that it is like a TV inside your head and the channel is constantly switching.

I think there's ways to combat ADD without meds if you pick up on it early on, but a doctor would know more inshaAllah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
hmm i never though of it that way watif its ADD but i feel like that wud be more severe :) brothers and sister in reality its cuz of the movies we watch .. the increase our imaginations so much that we want to act our lives according to movies as well ... i heard this on a radio show (i think or somewhere else)

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
aslam o alikum
hmm i never though of it that way watif its ADD but i feel like that wud be more severe :) brothers and sister in reality its cuz of the movies we watch .. the increase our imaginations so much that we want to act our lives according to movies as well ... i heard this on a radio show (i think or somewhere else)

huh, this made me laugh. Lets hope they are not watching Spiderman.

volim-islam1

I sometimes daydream for a few hours at a time. I seriously need help on this. I want to start my school work but Daydreaming will just take over it. I cant stop it. I tried ways to help me stop daydreaming but they didnt work.I try remembering Allah but also daydreaming takes over.

yeah, i sometimes daydream too.LOL!!!!,but i think its natural it does affect my concetration in work and stuff but what i do is try to forget everything for a moment and then my senses come back, i think that will work
try it out
:SMILY303:

saba urooj

Well according to my psychiatry lecturer,Girls day dream more then boys:SMILY26:,and its a kind of defence mechanism wch an individual choose from running away from thr present stressful situation,also day dreaming make the brain unnecessarly tired wch cud b used in a more productive ways.........lol....films do effect day dreaming:hearts:

ok what you can do to stop it-

This is what u can do,whenever u feel like u hv started day dreaming or abt to begin it, just say the word "STOP" either slowly if ppl r arnd or bit loudly when u r alone.This will help u to control ur own thought processes the way u want.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)

huh, this made me laugh. Lets hope they are not watching Spiderman.

lol well u know spiderman is way up there on the top of the list but i heard some friends in my high school that they wud always fantacize about being a hero in their community lol like someone breaking into their house and they beating the guy badly and being a hero lol

IM pretty sure lots of people fantacize about that without admitting it

But day dreaming itself is weird it can be good or bad ... it can be good cuz it helps a person aims high ( unless ur being crazy like spider man than NO lol) but if your thinking school work and u day dream about getting the highest marks in class or something
But on the other hand it can be very time consuming and can waste alot of time
So we always need to weigh the benefit and the bad things,

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
Maybe the task that you are doing is boring? That's what happens to me all the time when i get bored or people are talking around me...i just doze off in my mind somewhere.....then i remind myself to come back and either leave the conversation or stop doing what i was doing like watching a boring movie or documentary.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Maybe the task that you are doing is boring? That's what happens to me all the time when i get bored or people are talking around me...i just doze off in my mind somewhere.....then i remind myself to come back and either leave the conversation or stop doing what i was doing like watching a boring movie or documentary.

thats true, thats wat exactly happens but u know studying can never be intersting so the problem is lol we have to study otherwise we wont do well and its hard to study while day dreaming :)

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

I've never heard of something like this. I pray that your condition gets better.

I can't day dream not especially since all the caffeinated drinks I consume!

:wasalam:

PSPdude

Well according to my psychiatry lecturer,Girls day dream more then boys:SMILY26:,and its a kind of defence mechanism wch an individual choose from running away from thr present stressful situation,also day dreaming make the brain unnecessarly tired wch cud b used in a more productive ways.........lol....films do effect day dreaming:hearts:

ok what you can do to stop it-

This is what u can do,whenever u feel like u hv started day dreaming or abt to begin it, just say the word "STOP" either slowly if ppl r arnd or bit loudly when u r alone.This will help u to control ur own thought processes the way u want.

hmm.... i never tried that before.....

abu'muhammad

brother psp, hope benefecial and relevant to your problem.

Make a schedule of your time and arrange your activities and work on paper. You would be amazed to see ,hardly any spared time. This will make yourself more conscious regarding routine and atleast you would be thoughtful of your time. If you will miss your prescribed activity format, than atleast you would try to act accordingly. And your mind will be occupied with work of deen or useful work of dunya, leaving no time to think else – InshaAllah. To remember you cannot be punctual at word ‘go’, so it might take time varying from person to person.

As you plan to do assignment, it would be suitable that you fix the date and plan of work. Or either by division of work , dividing total time to complete the work into smaller working sessions. InshaAllah, you will not feel hectic in your work and probably you would be occupied with some work warding off those day-dreams. This will also help you, as less but consistent/ continuous effort is better than whole lum-sum one. And that would elevate your confidence to higher level in particular subject of assignment or studies.

:jazaak:

brother in Islam.

PSPdude

brother psp, hope benefecial and relevant to your problem.

Make a schedule of your time and arrange your activities and work on paper. You would be amazed to see ,hardly any spared time. This will make yourself more conscious regarding routine and atleast you would be thoughtful of your time. If you will miss your prescribed activity format, than atleast you would try to act accordingly. And your mind will be occupied with work of deen or useful work of dunya, leaving no time to think else – InshaAllah. To remember you cannot be punctual at word ‘go’, so it might take time varying from person to person.

As you plan to do assignment, it would be suitable that you fix the date and plan of work. Or either by division of work , dividing total time to complete the work into smaller working sessions. InshaAllah, you will not feel hectic in your work and probably you would be occupied with some work warding off those day-dreams. This will also help you, as less but consistent/ continuous effort is better than whole lum-sum one. And that would elevate your confidence to higher level in particular subject of assignment or studies.

:jazaak:

brother in Islam.

you know what I tried just that, but didnt work very well.

I need some sort of enforcement with this thing :)