Presentation

Marwa17

Assalamu Alikum Brothers and Sisters
Does anyone have any ideas about how i should do a presentation at school...I want to do it on misconceptions in islam (which first led me to this site by the way, alhamdulillah)...i got this idea over like a month ago, but I didn't know if i would actually do it since I thought kids my age (like 17 yrs old) would not be very responsive to anything religious...but today one of my friends was talking to me about how she has to go to midnight mass and how she hates church and that it's all "just what they want you to hear and fake" and it made me realize that maybe religion is a major issue for a lot of people so they would be interested....Most of the kids in my class are either catholic or jewish...
I don't know though how I would do it in a way to grab their attention in a way that lives with them and makes some wonder and maybe go out and search for the truth.
Anyone have any ideas????
If so, I would totally appreciate it.

Ayep

:wasalam:

I have a suggestion, you can actually present the Muslim approach of how we look at the religion of the people of the book.

-how prophets was sent to mankind from Prophet Ibrahim alaihisalam all the way to Prophet Muhammad :saw: warning and spreading the message to worship only the one God.

-how people mock and ridicule the prophets each time.( From Surah Yassin)

-how after each prophet left, people started worshiping idols again.

-When Jesus or Prophet Esa alaihisalam came he mentioned to the Jewish people he was here not to change the a jot or a dot of the commandments taught Prophet Musa alaihisalam but actually to fulfill it. The Jews rejected him.

-Prophet Jesus alaihisalam also prophesized the coming of Prophet Muhammad :saw:( Old Testament :Song of Soloman: Chapter 5 verse 15)

-To be Muslims we need to believe in all the Prophets from Adam, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad:saw: .

I got this idea from a 20 min video presented by Sheikh Ahmad Deedat to non-Muslims as an introduction of Islam. You can find it here:Islam.http://www.aswatalislam.net/DisplayFilesP.aspx?TitleID=50016&TitleName=Ahmed_Deedat
Under the title East meets West.

I dunno if its in YouTube but I think you should watch this to get a better idea of what I am talking about. Hope you find it useful sister.

Allah Knows best

Marwa17

jazakallahu khairan...inshallah, i will watch the videos and see what ideas they inspire...anyone have any more ideas i'm open to them.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
jazakallahu khairan...inshallah, i will watch the videos and see what ideas they inspire...anyone have any more ideas i'm open to them.

the video wasnt working so i posted another one...

wa salaam alikom with the same link

Muslimah77

Slave of Allah (SWT)