Wife's and Husband's Rights?

yemeniah4life

:salam2: everyone,
I have question that has come up at a masjid near by. The question is about a married couple. If they were in a car accident and the wife was hurt more than the husband. They sued the person that crashed them. So the wife gets 3/4 of the money and the husband gets 1/4 of the money.

The wife decides she will take 1/4 of the money for herself. Just in case anything happens to her. The husband refuses and he is upset that she will be taking the money, when he needs it (for bills, debts...). He is upset, thinking she does not trust him with the money. It has come to a point where they can not agree, on how to use the money. Their relationship has come to a point where they are not speaking to one another, with love and respect.

The father believes that she is not being a good wife and she is saying he has no right to think of like this, and she tries to explain that she has the right.

If anyone can reply, please do so
thank you
:wasalam:

nori suja'i

Assalamu'elaikum,

Whatever property belongs to the wife are hers even her husband or her parents are not allowed to take it from her without her consent but if i'm rich i wish to be like Saidina Khatijah r.a.(1st wife of RasoolAllah s.a.w.) by helping her husband for Allah sake.

Wassalam.

nori suja'i

A true story for our lesson;

One of my friends who was seven mths pregnant to her husband that she wanted to 'kurban' a sheep for the coming of aid-adhr.
When the time came they went together to see the ceremony in one of the local masjid. During the sacrifising of the sheep took place she turned her face away from it but her husband has made her head turned back to the bleeding sheep.
A proplem arised after that as both of them argued who have the right to take the sheep's head as both of them already planned to give to their own parents.
MaashaaAllah, lahowla wala quata illa billah , two mths later my friend gave birth to a boy whose neck bended with lum came out of it. When some of us when to visit her/son, all shocked and cried.
All that had happened must be a there's 'hikmah'.
Exactly after one yr later the boy had passed away.

yemeniah4life

:salam2:,
Thanks for replying. She is willing to help, the problem is that her husband is believing she is trying to be "the man in the house". He believes she is trying to help her brothers, when she needs to help her husband. What i don't understand, is what has mad them so agressive about money. I understand that he needs help but he should take what he is given and not be so upset... right? You see I'm hearing this from the daughters pt of view. She is scared, kind of has anxiaty and feels like is not doing much to help her parents. She doesn't know what she should do. She adiees many times, but her prayers seem not to work. She feels like her family will fall apart.

this is a seriouse issue, and i don't want her to get the wrong information.
Reply, while this marriage lasts!!!!
:wasalam:

warda A

Sister
:salam2:

The money is the wife's right to do with whatever she pleases, on the other hand she can help her husband,
i think the problem is that the husband doesnt trust his wife, he is insecure about his marriage, or he thinks his wife is trying to get an upper hand,
i think you need to ask your friend to go talk to an islamic scholar, who will try and see the situation as it is, just money problems.

InshaAllah all will work out well.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
im a guy and i know how the husband feels as i know many guys He is wrong ... Allah (swt) gave women proper rights and wat she inherits thats her own money and she can spend it in any way, it wud be better to spend it for the house but its her money Also the husband should focus more on providing a halal earning for the family im not completely sure if money got from sueing someone is halal.
thx

yemeniah4life

Thanks for the advice everyone. Those who replied seem to be telling the right thing. I just hope whatever happens, its for the best. Does anyone know a Sunni shaikh i can email and ask him.

Thanks again everyone for replying.