Dubai and Egypt cancel New Year's Eve festivities in solidarity with Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSPdude

:salam2:

Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, ruler of Dubai, called off multimillion-pound festivities late on Monday night. He said all public New Year’s celebrations should be called off “as a sign of solidarity with the brotherly Palestinian people and because of the death and destruction perpetrated on the Gaza Strip by the Israeli war machine”.
A host of other Arab nations cancelled celebrations in solidarity with Palestinians caught up in the fighting between Hamas and Israel.
Egypt cancelled official events, including a special concert by the Egyptian singer Mohammed Munir set to be held at Cairo’s Opera House and a variety performance hosted by the ministry of information due to be broadcast on state television.
Syria and Jordan also called off celebrations. Newspapers urged Jordanians to join a candlelight vigil in central Amman at midnight in place of cancelled celebrations to express their support for Gaza.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-Eve-festivities-in-solidarity-with-Gaza.html

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum

First of all why they even have those festivities set up .Its not Islamic holiday .Its not from the Sunnah of the Prophet,peace be upon him to celebrate New Year...Either Hijri New Year or Western New Year...
What a waste of time and money ...
Muslims need to wake up and follow Quran and the Sunnah of the Prophet ,peace be upon him ,and not following the WEST and acting like them ....
How rediculous for them even have those celebrations ...

waaleikum salam

PSPdude

PLS PLS brothers and Sisters dont comment on why or say its haram to have a new years celebration. Thats not the reason why I posted the topic.

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

PLS PLS brothers and Sisters dont comment on why or say its haram to have a new years celebration. Thats not the reason why I posted the topic.

Asalamu Alikum wahrmtu Allah wabrkat

subhan Allah oh my god Masha Allah how tender and how kindful of their feeling

no no i think to send them a flowers for their beautiful sacrification to give up such a a very important celebration in this time

what do you think brother?

you want them to celebrate the New year with jew ?

Do you think that was sacrifice they give?

who tell you that they wont celebrate doNt worry about that they will celebrate and enjoy time but without Cameras tv recording

They do NOT FEEL GUILTY ABOUT THE BLOOD SPREAD IN GAZA AND THEY HAVE All the powerful from egypt biggest aramy
and Dubai a rich country
so to stop celebrating their haram parites with drink and haram actions
was that helpful for the dead children and the one who is waiting for his/her turn to be dead? ?

12120qi.gif

PSPdude

I'll take their word , And Believe that they wont celebrate it. If they did then may Allah forgive them for lying to the press.

And what do you mean by Jew?Do you mean Israel? If that so then can you just say Israel>

Not all Jews are bad

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

I'll take their word , And Believe that they wont celebrate it. If they did then may Allah forgive them for lying to the press.

And what do you mean by Jew?Do you mean Israel? If that so then can you just say Israel>

Not all Jews are bad

2_120.gif

And never will the Jews or the Christians approve of you until you follow their religion. Say, "Indeed, the guidance of Allah is the [only] guidance." If you were to follow their desires after what has come to you of knowledge, you would have against Allah no protector or helper.

5_64.gif

And the Jews say, "The hand of Allah is chained." Chained are their hands, and cursed are they for what they say. Rather, both His hands are extended; He spends however He wills. And that which has been revealed to you from your Lord will surely increase many of them in transgression and disbelief. And We have cast among them animosity and hatred until the Day of Resurrection. Every time they kindled the fire of war [against you], Allah extinguished it. And they strive throughout the land [causing] corruption, and Allah does not like corrupters.5:64

5_82.gif

You will surely find the most intense of the people in animosity toward the believers [to be] the Jews and those who associate others with Allah ; and you will find the nearest of them in affection to the believers those who say, "We are Christians." That is because among them are priests and monks and because they are not arrogant.5:82

yes for sure not All jew are bad still there are some good MAY ALLAH GUIDE THEM TO THE RIGHT PATH Ameen

but what happened in PELASTAIN DUE to the jew`s bible ask them to kill people and spread blood
Ezekiel

9:7 And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city

Joel
3:9 Proclaim ye this among the Gentiles; Prepare war, wake up the mighty men, let all the men of war draw near; let them come up:

Leviticus

27:28 Notwithstanding no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast, and of the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD
Ezekiel
9:4 And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Ezekiel
9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house

Ezekiel

9:5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity: 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house

so its not a strange the
Crusades !!

Joshua
6:21 And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

1 Samuel
15:3 Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

1 Samuel
15:8 And he took Agag the king of the Amalekites alive, and utterly destroyed all the people with the edge of the sword.

Hosea
13:16 Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Psalms

139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there

Isaiah
4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.

Amos
2:3 And I will cut off the judge from the midst thereof, and will slay all the princes thereof with him, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah
12:3 But thou, O LORD, knowest me: thou hast seen me, and tried mine heart toward thee: pull them out like sheep for the slaughter, and prepare them for the day of slaughter

Isaiah
48:22 There is no peace, saith the LORD, unto the wicked.

Jeremiah

16:3 For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land; 16:4 They shall die of grievous deaths; they shall not be lamented; neither shall they be buried; but they shall be as dung upon the face of the earth: and they shall be consumed by the sword, and by famine; and their carcases shall be meat for the fowls of heaven, and for the beasts of the earth.

Jeremiah
19:9 And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them

Jeremiah
21:10 For I have set my face against this city for evil, and not for good, saith the LORD: it shall be given into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall burn it with fire

Deuteronomy
32:41 If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.

PSPdude

Due to the hatred ideas that some members in this site have towards other peoples of faith, and not only that , but also the ideas that some members have about Islam , I decided not to come to this website again.

This site sometimes makes me question my faith(ISLAM).

So Long TTI

I say all this with love

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah

Due to the hatred ideas that some members in this site have towards other peoples of faith and not only that , but also the ideas that some members have about Islam , I decided not to come to this website again.

So Long TTI

I say all this with love

i wonder your words and attitude i wrote nothing from my mind its al from Quran and the bible

you are not accept the quran words and the bible ?

and is it fair to leave all members in the website for one member who is bad?

not all the members here are bad ( as the example you just mention about jew not All jew are bad) so??

sandra canada

Laa ilaha illa Allah
They're talking about the Jews back then and not the Jews of today.

i`m sorry if i annoy you so 1st accept my appology :hijabi:

well there is a diffrent between the two books i mean the Quran and the BIBLE

Quran is Allah words which is explaininng the past and the future

but the bible we are not accept it at all due to the the corruption of it

it cant be a god word at all it ask people to kill and to do many bad things so we are not accepting that at all

of course there are a good jews, christians and muslim and this is a mercy of god

so what o wrote its not saying All jews or all christians are bad

from the begninng muslims has their own celebration
we celebrate only islamic celebration

what i meant that when the arab muslim celebrate with jew i meant that they are not a real muslim they watching the muslims children and youth and women died and they can't help
may BE NOT MAY BE I AM SURE THAT the good jew and christians will feel pity for what happened for muslims in gaza more than those arabs governments

pwa4evr

why would u want to celebrate new years...common sense says ur getin closer to ur death..i feel sad instead to see 2008 gone by so quickly.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
They're talking about the Jews back then and not the Jews of today.

You shouldn't allow one member's opinion, fact, post,etc to effect you when we have brothers and sister@TTI from all walks of life.

Do understand that sometimes we get emotional and sensitive due to tragedies like Gaza*

When Muslims are criticizing Jews or expressing hatred, toward them they are not talking about your ordinary Jew rather the Zionist political establishment and all those who support it*. There are plenty of Jews in Israel who don't support the government policies. There are plenty of Jewish peace activist and rabbis and writers who are opposed to Israeli policies, and some against the state of Israel itself.
There are plenty of nice Jews in USA also,

Something akin to when a Muslim is criticizing America, they are not referring to your "sally the soccer mom", rather leadership of the society who are responsible for their stupid foreign policy and war crimes against Muslims*

But evil and corrupt ones are so evil and corrupt that it's sickening!
Just to give you an example. Israeli soldiers (it pains me to mention this), using the pages for Quran as toilet paper and spreading it over the school (they occupied a school on the basis of 'suspected militant hideout' claim )
Subhan'Allah, did you ever hear a Muslim do that to their Torah?

Please refer to this thread for an example:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48619

One of my best friend was kidnapped when he went to Palestine at the age of 9. He wanted to go to his grandma's house but on the way was kidnapped by Zionist Jew (not even in the military) and held with a rifle and the Zionist terrorist took him to the mountain, luckily a journalist was there who notified the soldiers. Even so the soldiers held the 9 year old by captive for 6 hours.

This was actually reported in New York Times long ago (in the late 80s)

If you're not aware, then I suggest you read upon the history of Zionist and their racist agendas (many of these Zionist leaders are not even religious, a few being atheist).

Just Google the hateful statements expressed by recent Israeli prime ministers and military leaders against the Palestinian*. They are disgusting. If comments made by brothers/sisters on TTI (justified comments) make you sick then the comments made by those Israeli leader should give you a heart attack.

Now taking all the injustice and genocide like crimes committed by Israelis against the Palestinians, it is natural to hate them.
I mean, what are we supposed to do? Love them, and say nice words. If we peacefully march you think they will get out of Palestine?

These are political/religious issues and it's natural for people get sensitive and emotional. I suggest Dear brother, if these type of discussions are fitnah for you, then avoid them :)

It's unfortunate the discussion turned (accidently) toward Jews.
lol but, I share the same opinion that of Sister Sandra_canada.

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I dont see why they have celebrations in the first place these are ment to be muslim countries subhanallah while they spend billions on fireworks thier brothers and sisters go bedless and shelterless in the cold waiting for hospital aid to reach them :astag:

MAY ALLAH GUIDE US ALL AMEEN:tti_sister:

Searching_soul

We All believe that ALLAH is ALL POWERFUL rite? Then why don't we ask Dua to ALLAH (SWT) to guide the leaders of US and ISRAEL? Because this will solve majority of the problems of today. And its nothing for ALLAH. But he doesn't do it, because our hearts and minds are not PURE and Sincere (mine included).
Didn't the Best of Creation, Our Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him) ask ALLAH (SWT) to strengthen islam through either of the Umar (Umar bin Al-Khattab or Abu Jahl) and we all know Abu Jahl was the Firoun of the Ummah of Prophet Mohamed (peace be upon him). Lets Follow his amazing Examples. And Allah did Strengthen islam with Umar (May Allah be pleased with him)
And the Best ones in Jahiliya are the Best ones in Islam. So we all know that we (muslims) and the muslim leaders are in a very weak state. So is it wrong to Ask Allah to strengthen Islam with the Jahiliya leaders of Today?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu AlleicomuThis action of Egypt and UAE it is not solidary,I would say it is clear HIPOCRISY of them!!!!!

They should not celebrete at all the New year becasue Muslims do not celebrete new year,but "Muslims" do celebrete the new year.
Like it is not enough that they are not doing NOTHING to help to our brothrs and sisters in Gaza and not only in gaza but also in Iraq,Afganistan,Paksitan,except this they are organizating haram parties and doing haram things Astagfirullah.
May Allah PUNISHMENT be on all hipocryts and sinfull people.Ameen Ya Allah Almigty.

Solidary would be that Egypt open his borders to Gaza,but obvisely they think that solidarty is that they do not celebrete The New Year which is forbidenn from Allah.

But Alhadmulillah at least there are Muslims in Egypt and in other Muslim countries who are praying and doing the best they can to help to our brothers and sisters and may Allah reword them for everything they they do.

Originally Posted by PSPdude

Due to the hatred ideas that some members in this site have towards other peoples of faith, and not only that , but also the ideas that some members have about Islam , I decided not to come to this website again.

Dear brother there is no any reason to think like that,and you must understand brother that love is for Allah but the hate is also in the name of Allah Alhadmulillah.
Alhamdulillah your iman is strong and these litlle or even bigger things should not and can not affect on your iman brother,Inshallah,and bring in the question your iman.

May Allah bless you and all Muslims.Ameen.

Salam,

Your sister Asja

ousama34

5 X SALAH = JANAT
salam

no new year celebration in pakistan as well so its good to see tht slowly but suerly the western traditions are wiping away from muslim countries
ALLHAMDULILLAH

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Dear brother most of the members of this forum are very young. They hold opinions very quickly. As they are young they have little understanding of the recent past events.

The entire Muslim world used to celebrate western holidays until the 1980's. In a historically perspective they had just gained independence from the French and the British in the late 1940's to the 1960's. I remember that Muslim women would go the masjid in western suits. Alcohol was served at dinner parties. In the early 1970's there was a revival of Islam. And people came to their senses.
Therefore I am glad that the specific countries you mentioned made the motion. It is a large step for them.

As to hating the Jews. We are not to hate Jews. We are to hate oppressors. The Israeli's are the oppressors. Zionists. Not all Jews are Zionists.

When we use strong words such as hate; we need to be very careful. We are thus sending out hate.

Please remain on the forum.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Salaam,

As to hating the Jews. We are not to hate Jews. We are to hate oppressors. The Israeli's are the oppressors. Zionists. Not all Jews are Zionists.

When we use strong words such as hate; we need to be very careful. We are thus sending out hate.

Please remain on the forum.

Dear siser Alhadmulillah it is not that we only hate Jews zionists but Muslim heart also hate all those who are doing haram things and who are not obeying to orders of my Allah and my Prophet Mohammed s.a.v.s.

It is truth that Islam is love and peace but hate is also in the name of Allah Almighty.

Regarding Islamic history we can not talk in generaly Alhadmulillah,or if we say that we can not say Muslims celebrete the new year on haram way.In this case we can not say "Muslims" because word Muslim means the one who is obeying to Allahs orders and the one who is not doing things that Allah has forbid to do.

May Allah bless all Muslims Ummah and may Allah guide us all,Inshallah.

Salam.

Your sister Asja

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister..when one states that one is a Muslim we follow and obey out of love and fear for Allah. Yes, we are to hate haram. However, we are to love creation. I cannot hate His Creation. He has a purpose. I can not live a life that is closed. Islam is the faith of toleration. Be and let live.
Allah subhana kalla has the Right to hate. I do not hate Jews or Christians, or others. I remain with Muslims, first and foremost.
It is when those who oppress Muslims and others that I hate. Be the oppressed Muslim, Jew, Christian etc.
When we discuss history..it is important to understand contextually why certain events occured; as they do not occur in isolation. Case in point is the mess in the Middle East. It has been a battle for almost 1400 years. It did not start yesterday. We need to study and learn such that we do not make the same mistakes.

Finally, I have difficulty with using the phrase my Allah and my Prophet.
Allah subhana kalla is the God of the worlds and Mohammed, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, is His Messenger. We can not personalize and limit Allah subhana kalla to ourselves. Allah subhana kalla is the God of everything and everyone.

Islam teaches us humility. We are to lower our gaze. When we are filled with hate..we are not humble. We are filled with envy.

We need to celebrate that the Light of Allah has come to the leaders of some Islamic countries and may they increase in the obedience to Allah subhana kalla.

It is through Love that we can show others the Light of Islam, not hate. If we look at our history some of the worst opponents of Islam became the foremost defenders of Islam..why because the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, was filled with Love.

Status
Not open for further replies.