Does anyone know where its better for one to study islam?

mudaser

salam Alaykum

well i live in england and want travel abroad for islamic educaiton. i was thinking of saudi arabia, syria or egypt.

also if i can hear from students who study or who have studied in those countries.

queeny

iam studying islam

salam alikom bro

iam originally from Egypt and im studying here in Germany "computer science" i do islamic studies in Al azhar in Egypt,,i think it is really cool,,if u want me to ask for u there and it is cheap too,,,i have a german friend who I teach him what ami studying ,,he is working here and i teach him what i do and teach him arabic too,,so he seems as he study in egypt but same time working in his land : )
anyway ur welcome for any questions

salam

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

I have come to believe from my long search for great islamic countries to study islam in that every place is great place to study islam in even in nonMuslim countries. It really depends on the person not the country. You can study anywhere and could get more islamic education then you would in a Muslim countries. So you don't really have to travel abroad. But if you still want it i would suggest you look at Saudi Arabia they have this university that is free (all costs are paid by the university and its very hard to get into). I will insha'Allah try to find the website.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
asssalamu alaykum Markaz Al Albani is in Jordan, they do not teach much.

Umm al Qarah university in Makkah

and Madinah university are good places to study

- You also want consider what exactly be taught to you, seeing that in Syria they will teach you Ashari Aqeedah as it is a predominantly Sufi inclined country.

wasalam

mudaser

Salam Alaykum

well i am from the hanafi madhab because my family is.

anyone with useful information regarding islamic studies

mudaser

Salam Alaykum

what about the 2 year arabic course in madinah and would it be better if i study that?

what does changing of madhab mean? because all four imams teached the same thing.

hasinah

salaam..there are a number of boarding madrasahs in uk (following the hanafi madhab), as well as day boarding schools too alhamdhulillah, if u wana look into those then i can pm u some info..theres some in london, maybe a bro can help in this forum from london that knows about the islamic institutes/courses there? thats if ur considering to stay in the uk obviously, ive had family members that have studied and graduated with an islamic studies degree in uk, but have gone abroad after to expand on their arabic language, or do another related course that interests them

mudaser

well i am currently studying computing in university but i am interested in islam. i dont know i just feel i had enough of london and need to go on a spiritual journey.

queeny

hello Mudg

ur mail is full,,i cant send u any mails

but they can support u with accomdation and everyhing and for sufism,,there is a lot of different fields u can choose which one u like
and if ur a convert u have better chances,,

muslimaforlife

you can go to South Africa for islamic studies..i know many who are studying there and many who have graduated and i must say mashallah the madressas there are very good.. the two madressas i know are Zakaria park and the other one is Azaadville.
hope this helps:)