How to marry someone you cant be friends with.

tru follower

Wouldnt that cause problems in the marriage? and if you can communicate with them with the intentions to get married, is there a certain time you have to marry them, for instance, can you be friends with them knowing your gonna get married for like a year or 2? just curious to find out the answers according to islamic law. thanks again...

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
frankly im not properly understanding ur question but if ur being forced or being arranged to marry someone you cant be friends with ... then im not sure if its thats a good idea ... friendship and communication is extremely important in marriage
According to Islamic law your are allowed to be with ur future spouse or husband by you need another person from both sides when the conv is being made

tru follower

so you can be friends with who you want to marry as long as someone from both families are there when you conversate? you can never be alone with the person you want to marry? can the people you have to be with be random people or people from both families? thanks for the info my friend, god bless you

muslimaforlife

assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

you can talk to him as long as someone from either side of the family is there..doesn't have to be from both sides...but u cant be alone. if u feel you need too know more about him..u can also try to find out about him through others. I feel that its better to get married soon rather than having a long gap in between like u said 2 yrs. hope this helps:)

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

it's hard here in america, because everyone has become accustomed to dating or knowing the person for many years before marriage. it's really hard for revert muslims because, they have a hard time in finding other reverts to marry and many parents of born muslims disapprove of their daughters in marrying a revert or someone of a different race.

very often i find that many revert sisters are pretty adamant that they marry muslims that they were born into the religion, as if born muslims are better than or more knowledgeable than reverts. it really shouldn't be that way because i know many born muslims that don't even know how to to properly perform wudu, while the revert can perform wudu flawlessly.
:wasalam:

tru follower

i see your point nyera at the end of the day it all comes down to the dedication and the strive to follow the right path and following the path from what is written in the quran, revert or born muslim whatever they be, as long as they have faith, fear Allah, and live righteously and have a balance in how they live, that should be enough for the approval in marriage from the other parents.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Wouldnt that cause problems in the marriage? and if you can communicate with them with the intentions to get married, is there a certain time you have to marry them, for instance, can you be friends with them knowing your gonna get married for like a year or 2? just curious to find out the answers according to islamic law. thanks again...

:salam2:
i think what your saying is totally right ..we got to be friends before marriage .it will cause a lot of problem's in life ........

AlQurtubi

Banned
After Nikah, ALLAH (SWT) creates the love between the two, even if they dont know each other before marriage. So, dont you worry brother :)

Take your time to understand the partner. Life will be a bliss i am sure.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Just a little point inshallaah:

*Obvisouly, if the two of us cannot even have a single thing in common, it will be hard to communicate. So, start by looking for someone who has at least the love of the deen in common with u so that if you can't find any thing to talk about, you can always talk about Islaam :) [in a halaal way of course]

muthmainnah

After Nikah, ALLAH (SWT) creates the love between the two, even if they dont know each other before marriage. So, dont you worry brother :)

Take your time to understand the partner. Life will be a bliss i am sure.

You are absolutely right. Love will grow after married. I did not know my husband before, we just met two times (with the presence of our families of course) then he proposed me the next month. I just believed that he was a pious man (and no body forced me to marry him) and alhamdulillah, he really a good husband. now, he is my very best friend ever. Insha Allah

So, my advice for brother true follower: do not be worry if you do not know your wife before, but of course you have to make sure that she is a pious muslima, so then you will find happiness in building a family with her.

Rashadi

Marriage in Islam is different from marriages of others. In Islam, marriage is an act of worship and the couple marry for the sake of Allah. The key to success is both parties striving for Jannah and such marriages don't end in divorce. In non Islamic marriages and relationships, the couple had all the time alone, even had illegal sexual intercourse yet their divorce rate is much higher. Almost every married westerner had a physical relationship prior to marriage yet look at how high their divorce rates are. Furthermore, studies show that people changed after marriage and this is also a cause for the high divorce rates. This is not the case in Islam. Please, keep in mind that I am talking about marriage according to Islam and not according to ethnic, or tribal traditions. Allah had provided us with a foundation to work on in a marriage and the goal of both parties is to worship Allah and that includes marriage, children, raising a family according to Islamic standards and all these fall under "worship" as well in Islam. When Allah says worship, He does not mean to sit in a masjid all day and pray but everything we do for His sake and it is in accordance with what He has ordained for believers is worship. This can be a variety of things and not just Salaat, fasting, Zakat and Hajj, but the list goes further.

As far as getting to know someone for marriage, this is allowed in Islam and it is even encouraged to see one another at least once before marriage. One can get to know each other for the purpose of marriage but there are conditions such as no touching, kissing or any other unlawful things, and they can not be alone with one another. If one things about it, what need is there to be alone with someone that one is not married to? We can talk, and get to know one another without having to be alone or in secret if we are Muslims. Muslim means "one who submits totally to Allah" so the marriage is not based on getting physical before marriage nor is marriage just for a business benefit like many people in the west get married just because they want to move out of the parent's house and need someone help with 50% of the bills or other absurd things. Marriage is important in Islam and it is an act of worship.

So marriage for a Muslim and in Islam is different from a marriage for a kafir, Jahily or any non-Muslim. I hope I helped answer your questions and I appologize if I sounded harsh in my answers.

May Allah guide us all and strengthen our Iman, Amin.