some serious talk

Ayshat

Salam brothers and sisters!

There's this question that has been bothering for so long, and I can't say it to anyone because they might think I'm a bad person or something, and I wish you guys don't think of me that way...

If the source of your pain is someone you care about, and that someone is struggling in life by sickness and depression and there's no way of helping them out, is it Haram to pray for their death?? just so they can rest for once?

I hope someone replies very soon

your sister Ayshat

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
:salam2:
40. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let not one of you wish for death because of a misfortune which befalls him. If he cannot help doing so, he should say: 'O Allah, keep me alive as long as You know that life is better for me, and make me die when death is better for me".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Attachments

• ATcAAADKeUZauVF_FrkwaAoTVwOjJb7pvm8uZdj9xil11RVV-8JrsE4P6swf0Y7j1UtQtQKc0T3r4tTmQ8XP5nuLgYafAJtU9VC5
    58.3 KB · Views: 12

AlQurtubi

Banned
That is very critical question to ask here. But I have heared that IF a person is so so so badly ill that he/she is in severe pain, that you can pray for that person like May ALLAH eases his/her difficulty.

Please confirm with any scholar again.

Ayshat

that person is more like mentally ill, overly depressed! I don't think I can take it anymore, I'm only 18 and already hating my life because of him! Since I was a kid I remember him trying to kill himself many times! So I'm sure he's better off dead!

So I should pray that if death is better for him then let him die?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

First we can not pray for death. Please ask a scholar. It is very important that you understand why we can not. Allah subhana talla has given us this life and He has a purpose for us. It is our duty to give thanks at all times.

Second. If I am reading this correctly, you are experiencing pain and depression because of someone you care about. In other words you are taking on this person's depression. Do not do that. You may need to talk to an imam, a counselor, a trusted Muslim friend. You can not carry the burdens of this person. It lowers your iman.

Third, the person needs a physcial. Sometimes a physical illness hides behind depression. If he has tried to kill himself several times..he is under the care of a psychiatrist. He needs more counseling.

You can not let him die. We are not the holders of life. LIfe belongs to Allah subhana talla. Please pray to raise your iman. Please distance yourself form his negativity. He is like old clothes that are smelling. Why not bathe in prayer and put on new clothes. Why go down a path of destruction when life is awaiting you.

I gather this is not your husband. I pray it is not your father. It is difficult to give you more options as we do not know the details. However, you must pray that Allah subhana talla give you Light.

We will make dua, Insha'Allah. Please keep writing here. I know from personal experience when my bothers and sisters make dua for me..I am rewarded with the blessings and mercy of Allah subhana talla.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
It is Allah who decides who lives and dies, not us. It is by His will and He has a time for all of us. Do not pray for death, instead pray that Allah makes him/her stronger and to forgive his/her sins if the person is a muslim. If not, try to guide that person to Islam and leave the rest to Allah.

If you really want to help him/her this is what you do and inshallah you will be rewarded by Allah. Do not pray for anything like death, its very serious. I would also consult an Imam or scholar to discuss this inshallah. Please keep us updated on the situation, I will keep you and this person in my duaas.

Allah knows best.

hassana elkoussi

Dear sister, i think you should be more patient in the face of this ordeal. What you're going through is nothing but a test, everything in this life is a test and our job is to try to pass this test by all means.I know it could be painful, but what is not ...in this life ? Think always of the bright side: that alhamdullilah you're the healthy one, not the mentally distrurbed, you're not in physical pain, you are mentally stable , so you can pray and ask Allah swt to shower him with His mercy. I mean you're not the helpless party, what if you were? Wouldn't it have been much much worse?? Believe me mentally disturbed people need affection, try this . Try to tap his shoulder, rub his hair, hold his hand , make him feel that you're there for him and if it doesn't work,always remember that maybe he's meant to be your gate to Paradise.So be patient, be strong, make a lot of du'aa and may Allah help you out through this. Ameen

muthmainnah

Be patient sister. world is full of tests thus it will distinguish between the believers and disbelievers.
If we patience in dealing with this calamity then Allah will grant you Jannah (paradise). Insha Allah.

This person is your way to jannah sister, please be patient in taking care him. May Allah ease your difficulty

Ayshat

thank you so much brothers and sisters! you almost made me feel that I'm blessed to have him in my life, and when I stop and think for a moment, he actually made my Iman stronger that I ever thought it will be, Hamdulillah..

I don't think I can thank you enough for making me feel better, it's a test yes and we should pass it, I'm patient more than you can imagine, I was just seeking a way of helping him!

your sister Ayshat

lilisoo

الفقيره الى الله
i have seen such a problem

salaam 3lykum
dear sister you know wht they didi they always pray for him to e better and it toke years to get better but alhmudlilh he became a good person who prays and do everything in the right way so sister you have to be patient
انه فى ميزان حسناتك و جزاك الله خيرا:astag:

Ayshat

salaam 3lykum
dear sister you know wht they didi they always pray for him to e better and it toke years to get better but alhmudlilh he became a good person who prays and do everything in the right way so sister you have to be patient
انه فى ميزان حسناتك و جزاك الله خيرا:astag:

thank you sister! that really helped! :hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister when we work together..we become strong and that in itself is a blessing. You turned to Muslims sweet sister...and upheld Islam.

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam
40. Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported that: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Let not one of you wish for death because of a misfortune which befalls him. If he cannot help doing so, he should say: 'O Allah, keep me alive as long as You know that life is better for me, and make me die when death is better for me".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Allahu Akbar!!! i couldn't of think of a better answer to the question...and who is better then answering a question other then the Prophet himself through his hadith

ahammedshah

Salam brothers and sisters!

There's this question that has been bothering for so long, and I can't say it to anyone because they might think I'm a bad person or something, and I wish you guys don't think of me that way...

If the source of your pain is someone you care about, and that someone is struggling in life by sickness and depression and there's no way of helping them out, is it Haram to pray for their death?? just so they can rest for once?

I hope someone replies very soon

your sister Ayshat

DAER BROTHER/SISTER
ASALLAMU ALAIQUM WA REHMATULLAH HI WA BAEEAKATU HUU
It is me Ahammed Shah, I can go through the pain which you are suffering through someones pain who is dear to you. but remember it is never allowed in islam to pray for someones death, no matter how dear he/she is to you, no matter how much he/she is suffering from pain and sickness. I have seen it practically my self and feel the pinch at my heart. ALLAH says OH BELEIVERS I WILL TEST ALL OF YOU BY GIVING MORE RIZQ, BY MAKING YOU POOR, BY SICKNESS, BY CHILDRENS, AND ALL MEANS TO SEE WHO IS TRUE IN HIS/HER FAITH.
That extreme sickness could be a test from ALLAH and also ALLAH says that if someone falls ill, that pain and sufferings reduces the burden of sins which a person has committed. You and me can see through some meters but it is only and only ALLAH who is AALIM UL GAIB, I request you please do not pray for his/her death, but ask ALLAH, AY ALLAH that person is ill please do better for him/her, that is the right way, may be his illness and pain is also test for you as well, if you take care of that person that will be a great source of salvation for you as well. Wishing for the death is prohibited in Islam, TRUST ALLAH, OFFER SALAAT HUMBLY, AND WE MUSLIMS HAVE A WEAPON, WHICH IS THE STRONGEST, THAT IS SUPPLICATION.
REGARDS
AHAMMED SHAH

fada_all

salam alikom dear sister Ayshat,

no one in this earth has the right to pray for the death ..there are a lot of things to do rather than praying for death .either our life or death in previously decided by our creator allah swt. .. and to conclude,any thing comes from allah swt is with his will and not like this haphazardly, but with a purpose .be sure all the painless and depression which that person is suffering from..will reduce his sins that he has commited during his life . if he is muslim surely ..and allah konws what is better for us ...

allah konws ...

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear sister.

May you be in the best state of heath and faith Inshallah.

Dear sister you story is very sad but you must be patiente and have a faith in Allah Inshallah.Verily sister only thinking on Allah can cure every heart and mind,and it can give us the hope even if we think that we lost everything.

My advise for you dear sister is that you make a prayer,and after that you put your hand(if it is alowed for you ofcourse) on the head of the persone whcih is ill and that you recitete Bismillah 3 times(but from the begining).And after that that you put your hand of the heart of the persone which is ill and taht you aslo recitete 3 times Bismillah(but from the begining) Inshallah.

I pray to Allah that He helps you dear sister and your family.

May Allah bless you.

We Allaicomu Salam

Your sister Asja

Ayshat

to be honest, i did already pray for his death once or twice, but not while i was praying, i was crying my every tear out and prayed from all of my heart! but now after reading your replies i kind of regret doing that,

Ya Allah how wonderful it is to have Muslim people that you can communicate with, Alhamdulillah, And thanks :hearts: