Sinned During Engagement & Public Marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
If a guy and girl committed sins during their engagement such as talking to each other on the phone and committing acts that were very close to zinaa, does this mean that their marriage will fail? Also both families don't want them to get married, they want to do nikah and make it halal to talk and see each other but its not possible to do so because of their families. They have tried to limit talking and make it so that they aren't in places where they could commit sins close to zinaa but every time they have asked for forgiveness and tried to avoid it, it still happened. What can they do now to make their marriage successful even after all that they have done?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Sister you need to contact a scholar. The subjects you wish to discuss are serious. You may wish to speak to an imam. This is a forum. Opinions will not give you the advise you seek.

eemaan1

:salam2:

According to most scholars both parties should sincerely repent from this grave sin (zina/almost zina) and then marry. Look for further clarification on islamqa.com.

There is no nikkah without the consent of a wali for a lady, if her family is against the marriage it is wiser to look elsewhere for a spouse (preferably one who has the approval of the wali). Again consult a scholar on the above mentioned site.

These are life changing decisions sister, therefore i think you should consult with either a scholar or your local imam.

Wassala.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

As others have said, consult some scholars, judges if you can. I am going to close this thread now as I don't think it is wise to let anyone advise/comment.

Was-salaam

Status
Not open for further replies.