Islamic names for Girls.

IslamicGirl24

Assalam-o-alaikum Brothers and sisters!!!
Hope that you all are doing fine with the Grace of Allah Almighty.

I really really need your help for choosing an islamic girl's name for my newly born cousin...a name preferably of a Sahabia.....along with its meaning. I have tried searching on the net but there are so many names there that it was extremely difficult to find an appropriate name for her...!

Hope you will help me in this matter

With many Duas and blessings,
sister Zainab.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

I really really need your help for choosing an islamic girl's name for my newly born cousin...a name preferably of a Sahabia.....along with its meaning. I have tried searching on the net but there are so many names there that it was extremely difficult to find an appropriate name for her...!

sister Zainab.

Sumayyah will be a beautiful name, insyAllah.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Is this an arabic name????

Yes, Sumayya is arabic name but I do not know the meaning. What I know Sumayya (r.a.h) is the first woman syahiiid, it is very very touching story. That's why I give this name to my daughter.

How about Safiyya (also spell as Sofea). This is Prophet's (may blessing and peace be upon him) paternal aunt name. Aishah, Asma all sahaabi's names.

Almeftah

Is this an arabic name????

I was about to suggest the same name..

(Arabic: "Sumai'yah") small for "Sama'" meaning Sky (Litterly), General meaning is "highness": a person who is highly thought of. Its an arabic name for females.

Sumyyah is one of Sahabah women and she is the first female Martyr of islam.

It was when Abu-Jahal was passing by while she was being Tortured in public, Then he graped a spear and killed her with it.

As for myself i prefer this spelling "Sumaiyah". (you can chose ur own spelling)

Almeftah

My favorite female name is "Mariam" after the mother of jesus Peace be Upon Him. I just Love this name.

Or "Aasia" after the wife of Firown (Pharaoh of egypt) she was mentioned in Quran as a pious woman.

hayat_yahya

sister Zainab.
:wasalam: habibti,

i mostly like the name Salwa which is an Arabian name for girls meaning solace, comfort.

other nice names are Saleema which means peaceful..

fada_all

salam alikom
how r u sister hope u and ur family is ok insha allah

yes soumayah is an arabic name , and because u have already this name in ur family what about : Hafsah or Khansaa or Hind or Asiyah ............u can choose one of them if not ask again i will give others insha allah

may allh sobhanaho wa taala bless the new born insha allah with his mercy..

salam alikom
ur sister khadija

IslamicGirl24

JazakAllah sister Khadija and all others sisters!!

Actually i belong to Pakistan therefore i dont think that my Auntie will like any Arabic name!
Hmm..what about your name ,,Sister Khadija...do you know its meaning. I know that its the Prophet's wife name but i dont know the meaning!

And lastly thanku for your blessings and Duas!

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
My favorite female name is "Mariam" after the mother of jesus Peace be Upon Him. I just Love this name.

Or "Aasia" after the wife of Firown (Pharaoh of egypt) she was mentioned in Quran as a pious woman.

I know Aasia is a very common name. But when I was little, we had a set of 8 books called "Islamic studies for children", in it it said that the name Aasiya shouldn't be given because it means "disobedient." ????

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
:salam2:
Well what about my name "Amna" which means peaceful....and it is also the name of our prophet muhammad (p.b.u.h) mothers name ......!!!!
:wasalam:

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
I know Aasia is a very common name. But when I was little, we had a set of 8 books called "Islamic studies for children", in it it said that the name Aasiya shouldn't be given because it means "disobedient." ????

May be may be may be there is alot of diffrence bitween Aasia and Aasiyah...!!

islamisthesolution

what about my name?

sister Zainab.

why dont you choose my name:biggrin: Asmaa it is after the name of Asmaa Bint Abi Bakr may Allah be pleased with her
:hearts::hearts:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Assalamu Allaicomu dear sister.

Mashallah for your litlle cousin and may Allah bless her,Inshallah.I love litlle childrens so much wallahi.

Well I love my name (Asiya) because it is the name one of the best four womens in Islam,and I also love names Najmah,Saira,Zahra which is the name of our beloved Fatima r.a.(may Allah be pleased with her) and which means "The women of light face". Mashallah.But every Muslim name is beautyfull Mashallah and may the name of your litlle cousin be blessed from Allah.:)

May Allah bless you dear sister.

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

seems like everyone named the popular sahabia i think nusayba she is a strong sahabia read her story i dont know the meaning sorry

hassana elkoussi

I know Aasia is very common name. But when I was little, we had a set of 8 books called "Islamic studies for children", in it it said that the name Aasiya shouldn't be given because it means "disobedient." ????

No, sister. These are totally different.Aasia is the name of Pharaoh's wife and it's written like this in Arabic آسيا,but the word which means disobedient is written like this in Arabic عاصيةThey have nothing to do with eah other.

How about the name Tasneem ( mentioned in Surah Al Mutafefeen), or Jana (mentioned in Surah Ar-Rahman) or Mennah (meaning gift or blessing) or Mennatullah ( the blessing of Allah) or Ayah or Ayatullah ??