Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

Sheefa

Asslamu Aalekum.
I was Hindu & reverted to Islam before 2 years.
Remember Me In Your Prayer. Pray that Allah SWT makes my Journy of Islam Easy & make my parents agree on my conversion.:tti_sister:

MOIDU

Asslamu Aalekum.
I was Hindu & reverted to Islam before 2 years.
Remember Me In Your Prayer. Pray that Allah SWT makes my Journy of Islam Easy & make my parents agree on my conversion.:tti_sister:
waalaikuma salam,
"May Allah SWT bless all of us and our family, seek his protection and may he guid us stright path".

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
Salam

I just was wondering, what religion did you adhere to prior to becoming Muslim?

I was Catholic, and from what I read, there seems to be a lot of Catholic converts on here. I think it was easiest for me because it seemed to me that there was very little difference in TRUE Catholicism and TRUE Islam. I don't know about the other Catholics, but I found out only a few years ago that it was the US Census Bureau that lumped Catholics into the "Christianity" group of religion (and many "Christians" don't belive that Catholics are Christian, because Catholics pray to God more than to JEsus).

Lana

Lana,
this is so true, I am a Muslim convert from catholic religion and it was made easier for me knowing they were so alike, I found this out even more when reading the Quran, and read about Moses the two scriptures were nearly word for word, they only thing I came to have a little trouble in getting my head round was what I had believed in Jesus that he was Gods son, but even as a child i didn’t really think God could have a son. I also dis believed as a catholic in the holy spirit (name of the father, the son and the holy spirit) how can god be three different people at once? but that what clinched my Islamic beliefs that what I believed was true,
do any other converts feel this way?

much love
sister Yvette

B.H.

I was an atheist for a few years but initially was raised Church of Christ. I wanted to be a preacher so bad I memorized ten books of the Bible, shorter ones of course, as well as lots of verses.

I do not miss either atheism or Church of Christism one bit. I am glad I found the peace only Allah can give through Islam.

Imad

Assalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

I was a muslim, i am now a muslim and i hope i will die as a muslim. Allahumu amien.

I want to say thank you for your stories of reversion.

Fi amanillah

Wassalamoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh,

Imad

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
:salah:Salam everyone. I was a hindu prior to my revertion to Islam. Though I learnt Islam since childhood but I dare not to revert until I was 29 due to family strong resistence and threat. One find day a tragedy struck me. I was kidnapped by a very huge sized man and taken me into nearby jungle. After robbing me he wanted to chop off my head...in that few seconds of dying minutes I don't know what to do so I remember what I learn long ago...anyone recite the shahaadah before he/she dies he well be muslim and enter heaven eventually. So I did...only Allah was my witness. Surprisingly the man ran away like a saw a ghost...SubahanAllah.

kamillah

Bismillah

asalamu alaikum
I am Catholic i have a boyfriend and he is muslim.. we know each other since high school and now I am 3rd year nursing student. He never say to me that Boyfriend and girlfriend in Islam was prohibited. I knew it when his sibling (sister) gave me a book about a story of life of people who converted to islam. I read story that contain that relationship to islam was prohibited. I ask him why he secret this. Then his father USTADZ AHMAD BARCELON share a little knowledge about there religion. I listen to him. Then I realize that all that he says was true because he answer my questions easily and his explanation was base on QURAN and BIBLE. One day I attend to there celebration. I think this celebration was about the ending of ramadan. then days goes on and I decided to Convert in Islam. My father boyfriend who is the one that help me to convert in islam. This event was happened on his father's radio station. I was nervous when I convert.

And now I am a Muslim hope that there is someone can teach me more information about islam. Me and my boyfriend was busy right now in studying so I don't want to disturb him to teach me about islam. and we have no time to meet each other.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
asalamu alaikum
I am Catholic i have a boyfriend and he is muslim.. we know each other since high school and now I am 3rd year nursing student. He never say to me that Boyfriend and girlfriend in Islam was prohibited. I knew it when his sibling (sister) gave me a book about a story of life of people who converted to islam. I read story that contain that relationship to islam was prohibited. I ask him why he secret this. Then his father USTADZ AHMAD BARCELON share a little knowledge about there religion. I listen to him. Then I realize that all that he says was true because he answer my questions easily and his explanation was base on QURAN and BIBLE. One day I attend to there celebration. I think this celebration was about the ending of ramadan. then days goes on and I decided to Convert in Islam. My father boyfriend who is the one that help me to convert in islam. This event was happened on his father's radio station. I was nervous when I convert.

And now I am a Muslim hope that there is someone can teach me more information about islam. Me and my boyfriend was busy right now in studying so I don't want to disturb him to teach me about islam. and we have no time to meet each other.

:salam2: sister very beautiful story, 1st of all welcome to Islam sister
I would be more than happy to teach you about Islam and try to answer your question to the best of my ability, this forum is a great resource as well but if you need one on one help i can for sure help you out im going to pm you my email address please dont hesitate to contact me im a 3rd year university student too :) so hopefully we can talk the same language lol :)
take care

PS: i cant send u pm cuz u have chosen not to so this is my email [email protected] if you feel comfortable i wud be more than happy to help you
aslam o alikum

Ashima33

I checked "christian," but I was unitarian universalist. Some people don't consider that to be christian.

Rashadi

As-salamu aleykum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu
I was born christian (orthodox)..but never prayed to Jesus just to GOD, elhamdulillah .. and I converted to islam a few days ago
:)

May I ask what kind of Orthodox? There are several different types of orthodox denominations such as Armenian, Ethiopian, Greek, Russian, Nestorian, etc. Just curious because I was Orthodox too.

salaam aleykom.

asifeqbal

salam
i request the moderator to make this post sticky so that it will be easier for other to poll.i thnk this is quite intresting.

syedirshad

Congratulation on conversion

Salam sister
welcome to Islam. only the one thing i will share with you being your Muslim brothers that take deep study of Islam, the Universe, Mankind and for which they all created. According to our believe and Sayings of God " That Only Islam is religion which is near to Allah". So we believe that All Prophets of Allah were on religion of ISLAM later on some bad people changed the origional teachings of their prophets you can find all these things from Quran Majeed.
So never believe blindly and never invited others blindly to Islam, first read about the theme of Islam, its more practical , logical and easy to understand then others.

May God help we all to spread the true light of Islam every where in this World.

Your brother

Syed Irshad Hussain Al-Hussaini

asalamu alaikum

abu turaab

:salam2:
I am a born muslim and trying to revert my heart to Islam completely!..still not done :frown: life is too short!!....
wasalam-o-Alaikum

beliefinone

I was born a Christian (pentecostal) so you know I was in church like 4-5 days a week sunday from 11am-9pm if we had 2 services, monday sometimes pray night, tuesday bible study, friday joy night, missionary night, shut in, or tarry service, saturday go away service to visit another church. We had revival several times a year, pastor anniversary, church anniversary this would be a 6 night ordeal.

The belief was and is confusing in the pentecostal faith. They believe in God but pray to both God and Jesus. Both are interchangeable when praising God. People never really see the difference unless they come out of the belief and study for themselves which is what I did. I converted to Islam some say reverted, anyway, it was nearly 8 years ago!! ALHAMDULIIAH! The best decision I ever made.:hearts:

Salaam
sis
G