concerning friendship requests.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

I seriously think u are all completly bonkers!!!

So when you guys go to your workplace u never speak to the folk of the opp gender??? surely seeing eye to eye is worse!!!

ur tryin to say a male should not reply to another female's 'public' post (!because some feelings might ignite!?)... nor should a male be able to PM a female.... Nor should a male be able to check a female's profile... Nor should there be an open sister (or brothers) only to other sex... and Nor... and Nor... and Nor................... Until we have TTI_Brothers_Only.com and TTI_Sisters_Only.com.... LOL

can you see what i am trying to say???... If one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she doesn't fear Allah... Internet could be used in a bad or good way depends on ONE'S CHOICE....

and that stupid story of yours brother........ i mean at least get a decent 'joke' or 'story' to back up your point!!!!

THE POINT IS: IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU COS YOU THINK IT CAN LEAD TO HAVIN 'SEX' WID THEM!!! THEN DONT REPLY OR BLOCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!!

*PLEASE DON'T FEEL OFFENDED BUT THIS IS MY OPINION*

:wasalam:

lol... NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY...:lol:

read my previews post again...

my point was that if one wants to do something haram, than there are many ways he/she can do so... if one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she can do as he/she likes...

that's my point of view...

brother Abu Hurairah :),,,, my word of advise... don't let your feelings control your words that you write/say... even if you mis-understood what i wrote, wouldn't be nice to use this sentence <for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!! >... what are you gaining with this sentence?... is it an advice or mocking?... just an advice... as i usually don't take anything personal... wasalamo alaikom... your brother in islam

IbnAhmad

lol... NO, THAT'S NOT WHAT I AM TRYING TO SAY...:lol:

read my previews post again...

my point was that if one wants to do something haram, than there are many ways he/she can do so... if one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she can do as he/she likes...

that's my point of view...

brother Abu Hurairah :),,,, my word of advise... don't let your feelings control your words that you write/say... even if you mis-understood what i wrote, wouldn't be nice to use this sentence <for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!! >... what are you gaining with this sentence?... is it an advice or mocking?... just an advice... as i usually don't take anything personal... wasalamo alaikom... your brother in islam

yeh exactly!!! the point is rite this guy is trying to say u shud not befriend a member of the opp gender!! i wasnt having a go at u anyway, i actually agree with u thats why i copied ur post!!! so i fink u hav mis understod Jazakallah

a_brother

Make dua for us all
yeh exactly!!! the point is rite this guy is trying to say u shud not befriend a member of the opp gender!! i wasnt having a go at u anyway, i actually agree with u thats why i copied ur post!!! so i fink u hav mis understod Jazakallah

Oops, i guess, i am the one who needs to reread your post...lol... my bad :p

Non the less, brother Abu Hurairah, there is nothing better than been polite with your words...

Politeness... http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38588

He (Muhammad SAW) spoke to all with civility and politeness and taught others the same through his personal example. The Qur'an mentions this quality of Muhammad in these words,
"It is by the Mercy of God that you deal gently with them, for if you were severe or fierce of heart, they would have dispersed from you." [Qur'aan 3:159]

IbnAhmad

looooool dunt matter!! i just had to take my anger out!! may allah forgive us all and guide us. Aameen

IbnAhmad

u can pik on me if u want!!!! :lol: i lyk a bit of banter!!! :lol:
nah i'm jokin!!! Alhamdulilah maybe u can send me a friend request :lol:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo alaikom

brother, you keep making me look up at the dictionary for 'bonkers' and now 'banter'... i guess, i learned two new words today :D

Wasalamo Alaikom

nafesa

muslim gurl
Salaam,

Come on, I don't think there is anything wrong with befriending the opposite gender on TTI. So as long as you know the boundaries between what is haraam and halal, then I'd say why not? I am pretty sure most brothers and sisters will not cross the line, but if they do, just delete them from your list?

i agree with sister Asha88 i don't think there is anything wrong with befriending the opposite gender on TTI as long as you don't cross the limit

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I respect the brother that posted this thread as a reminder for us all.
Non of us can say for certain how the other person takes our words maybe the shaittan will come and whisper to the person even if they were sincere its important for all muslims to understand and to keep away from openings where the shaittan can come and whisper and ruin sincere or unsincere intentions and just remember when you PM or send messages to the opposite gender Allah is watching you and you are accountable for the minor and major things you do and you will have to answer for them all so dont undermine a sin because that may be the sin that tips us to hell:girl3:

Dont mean to offend but just to expand on what the brother was saying in that much needed and appreciated reminder:ma: And Allah knows best

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khair for the fatwaa May Allah forgive us all and protect us from this in future and present Ameen :tti_sister:

safiya58

I see so many opinions but no fatwaa's at all.......
The scholars are very very clear on this issue but some "modern" muslims these days just like to take it another way, and will tell you its okay and all or they will add their own opinions in it etc.....

What is the ruling on girls corresponding with boys?
Many young girls correspond with boys, and they write in their letters things that I would not dare to write or mention to you. This phenomenon is widespread in this society. Hence we earnestly hope that you can do us the favour of writing to us a letter in which you tell us the answer to this problem, with evidence (daleel) and proof. I have told many of them about how serious this matter is, but I cannot do much and I do not have deep knowledge, so I failed to convince them despite my repeated attempts.

Praise be to Allaah.

One of the essential aims of sharee’ah is to protect people’s lineage and honour. For this reason, Allaah has forbidden zinaa and ordered that it be punished by whipping or stoning. And He has forbidden the means that may lead to zinaa, such as a man being alone with a non-mahram woman, sinful looks, and women travelling without a mahram or going out of their homes wearing perfume and make-up, clothed yet naked, seeking thus to attract young men and provoke their desires and tempt them away from their religious commitment. This also includes a man speaking to a woman in a deceitful manner, and her speaking to him in a soft voice so as to tempt him and provoke his desire, so that he will fall in her trap – whether this is done in person, over the phone, via correspondence or in some other manner. For this reason, Allaah forbade the wives of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), even though they were good and pure, to make a display of themselves in the manner of the first Jaahiliyyah, or to speak in soft voices so as to provoke the desire of those in whose hearts was a disease; and He commanded them to speak in a manner that was honourable. Allaah said (interpretation of the meaning):

“O wives of the Prophet! You are not like any other women. If you keep your duty (to Allâh), then be not soft in speech, lest he in whose heart is a disease (of hypocrisy, or evil desire for adultery) should be moved with desire, but speak in an honourable manner.

And stay in your houses, and do not display yourselves like that of the times of ignorance…” [al-Ahzaab 33:31-32]

So Muslim youths must fear Allaah, protect their chastity and lower their gaze. They should refrain from speaking or writing any obscene words of immoral romance or deceit. Muslim girls are obliged to do likewise, to remain chaste and not to go out wearing make-up, clothed yet naked.

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have not seen yet: men with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” (Narrated by Ahmad and by Muslim in al-Saheeh).

If young men and women obey Allaah and His Messenger, and rise above worldly matters, keeping away from fitnah and sources of suspicion, that will be better for them, purer for their hearts and better for their reputations and their societies. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

From Fataawaa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 12/381-381

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10221/girls and boys

oops I think I also posted just my opinion regarding this topic... thanks for this brother/sister

Bluegazer

Assalamu Alaikum brother Abu Hurairah 786,

Your post #14 [on page 2 of this thread] was as follows:

I seriously think u are all completly bonkers!!!

So when you guys go to your workplace u never speak to the folk of the opp gender??? surely seeing eye to eye is worse!!!

ur tryin to say a male should not reply to another female's 'public' post (!because some feelings might ignite!?)... nor should a male be able to PM a female.... Nor should a male be able to check a female's profile... Nor should there be an open sister (or brothers) only to other sex... and Nor... and Nor... and Nor................... Until we have TTI_Brothers_Only.com and TTI_Sisters_Only.com.... LOL

can you see what i am trying to say???... If one doesn't fear Allah, then he/she doesn't fear Allah... Internet could be used in a bad or good way depends on ONE'S CHOICE....

and that stupid story of yours brother........ i mean at least get a decent 'joke' or 'story' to back up your point!!!!

THE POINT IS: IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU COS YOU THINK IT CAN LEAD TO HAVIN 'SEX' WID THEM!!! THEN DONT REPLY OR BLOCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!!

*PLEASE DON'T FEEL OFFENDED BUT THIS IS MY OPINION*

And your post #15 [also on page 2 of this thread] commented on my reply to sister mirajmom as follows:

OMG U REPLIED TO A FEMALE!!!!DONT DO THIS IT WILL LEAD TO ZINA!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And on post #22 [on page 3 of this thread] you wrote to a_brother the following words:

Dear brother Abu Hurairah 786, please read the following points:

1- Where did I write that one cannot respond to a sister in a public forum? Please point out to me where I have written such a statement.

2- This is a public forum, and I have a right express my opinion. If you don't like it, then explain to me why in an appropriate and respectful way. How do you think I'll seriously consider your advice when you write things like:

"and that stupid story of yours brother........ i mean at least get a decent 'joke' or 'story' to back up your point!!!!"

And:

"THE POINT IS: IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU COS YOU THINK IT CAN LEAD TO HAVIN 'SEX' WID THEM!!! THEN DONT REPLY OR BLOCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

for gods sake 'GET A LIFE'!!!!!"

And:

"OMG U REPLIED TO A FEMALE!!!!DONT DO THIS IT WILL LEAD TO ZINA!!!!"

But wait, you did actually write:

" *PLEASE DON'T FEEL OFFENDED BUT THIS IS MY OPINION* "

Brother, if you don't want me to feel offended, don't shout at me [by writing IN CAPITAL LETTERS], don't call my joke "stupid", don't be sarcastic about my reply to a sister, don't tell me to 'get a life', don't refer to me as 'this guy', and most of all, don't insult my intelligence by claiming that you don't want me to feel offended.

If that's what you're writing if you don't want me to feel offended, I'd hate to imagine what you'd write if you did want me to feel offended.

I ask Allah the Almighty to forgive my sins, brother, and yours, and to admit us in Heaven. Aameen.

Your brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

halah

And your post #15 [also on page 2 of this thread] commented on my reply to sister mirajmom as follows:

And on post #22 [on page 3 of this thread] you wrote to a_brother the following words:

1- Where did I write that one cannot respond to a sister in a public forum? Please point out to me where I have written such a statement.

2- This is a public forum, and I have a right express my opinion. If you don't like it, then explain to me why in an appropriate and respectful way. How do you think I'll seriously consider your advice when you write things like:

"and that stupid story of yours brother........ i mean at least get a decent 'joke' or 'story' to back up your point!!!!"

And:

"THE POINT IS: IF U DONT LIKE THE WAY SOMEONE IS TALKING TO YOU COS YOU THINK IT CAN LEAD TO HAVIN 'SEX' WID THEM!!! THEN DONT REPLY OR BLOCK THEM!!!!!!!!!!!

And:

Brother, if you don't want me to feel offended, don't shout at me [by writing IN CAPITAL LETTERS], don't call my joke "stupid", don't be sarcastic about my reply to a sister, don't tell me to 'get a life', don't refer to me as 'this guy', and most of all, don't insult my intelligence by claiming that you don't want me to feel offended.

If that's what you're writing if you don't want me to feel offended, I'd hate to imagine what you'd write if you did want me to feel offended.

I ask Allah the Almighty to forgive my sins, brother, and yours, and to admit us in Heaven. Aameen.

Your brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

:jumpclap:

IbnAhmad

And:

And:

Your brother in Islam,

Bluegazer

Ameen!!!
Once I was walking down the road
On a dark and foggy night
When there was hardly any light

I called out “Hey, mister, What’s your name?”
At first there was no reply
Perhaps he was a little shy

I called out yet again
But it was all in vain
I was about to give up when it suddenly began to rain
And as we ran helter, skelter
To find ourselves shelter
He opened his umbrella
Willing to share
And then I realized that my friend of few words
Really did care

And as we huddle together, cold and numb
I realized that my friend couldn’t speak
Because he was deaf and dumb

And then a sudden thought flashed through my mind
Do we really need words to be kind?
What words couldn’t do, his actions had done
For life long in me
A friend he had won!

Bluegazer

That's a poem of deep meanings, brother Abu Hurairah. And the bonds that bind all Muslims [including you and I] should always remain intact.

Thanks for the poem.

safiya58

selam aleykum,

we should be carefull with our words the post of a_brother about politness is very beneficial I think... speacialy for me cuz I can be very rude sometimes :astag: I believe that Aub Hurairah´s intention was not to offend inshaallah...
I hope that Allah is pleased with you brother Bluegazer (please don´t take anything personel) and with u aswell brother Abu Hurairah 786...

your sister

vesselam

IbnAhmad

I look around me
It is not pleasing to see

Brother and sisters casually freemixing
Without a care for their sinning

Lowly nafs they are obeying
Not thinking about their inevitable ending

Please step back and spare a thought
About the day when the Almighty will ask what have you brought?

Oh my fellow Muslim amend your way
Before you become the devils prey :astag:

halah

Ameen!!!
Once I was walking down the road
On a dark and foggy night
When there was hardly any light

I called out “Hey, mister, What’s your name?”
At first there was no reply
Perhaps he was a little shy