this might be a really simple question

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
this might sound really simple and some people might go like what you dont know that :shymuslima1: i apologize

i wanted to ask
What is a nasheed?
and is it only arabic?
Alot of people talk about it on the forum and its a big section but i had never heard this word before i came on this forum maybe cuz im from a Pakistani background
:wasalam:

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Br Shaheerpak,

Nasheed is music praising Allah and usually has instrumentals in it. It does not necessarily has to be in arabic only.. I have heard nasheed in French and even English as well. Nasheed comes in various different languages. Sorry, that wasn't much of a help but I hope you get what I mean.. :)

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
alhumdulilah i would like to hear some English nasheed can someone refer some beautiful English nasheed
thank you

Kakorot

nasheeds dnt have musical instruments, if so called *cough! *cough! "nasheeds" have musical instruments other than the duff (which is the half-sided drums) then it is not nasheeds, its music.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
My favourite Nasheeds in english are
A is for Allah by Yusuf Islam andTalib al Habib-songs of innocence. :D
:wasalam:

Asha88

Ghurabaa

nasheeds dnt have musical instruments, if so called *cough! *cough! "nasheeds" have musical instruments other than the duff (which is the half-sided drums) then it is not nasheeds, its music.

Hmm.. that's what I thought too but it is becoming increasingly common to hear a nasheed with instruments in it. Has anyone heard of rap nasheed? I find rap nasheed really... strange. Lol, nasheeds are slowly evolving into the normal music that we hear on radio.

Aquila09

Dawud Wharnsby's Ali's nasheeds are great. He has a really good voice and most of his nasheeds include either just vocals or with duff. And Sami Yusuf's nasheeds are also good - although Im not too sure about his butchering the english in a lot of his nasheeds. Great voice though.

Aquila09

Hmm.. that's what I thought too but it is becoming increasingly common to hear a nasheed with instruments in it. Has anyone heard of rap nasheed? I find rap nasheed really... strange. Lol, nasheeds are slowly evolving into the normal music that we hear on radio.

Raps nowadays are really weird. I think they just involve loads of musical instruments with guys speaking out their 'songs'. I think its Sound of Reason that I found especially wierd.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As Salamo Alaikome.....

Right now one of my favorites is by Talib Al Habib and its called Articles of Faith. It begins and ends in Arabic but the entire middle verses are in English. I had the Arabic translated and its the same as the first verse in english so the nasheed basically translated itself. Here is a link to the nasheed on YouTube......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti43q8n0OOs

I hope you enjoy it.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you brothers and sisters :) for this great answer lol u guyz/gals are the best
glad to be a part of this family

ayesha_r

Muslimah
:salam2: brother
I am from Pakistan too and I found about Nasheed from here as well.
listen to Zain Bhikha:ALLAH knows. You can find alot of them on youtube.
:wasalam::hijabi: