Votes: 28 9.4%
  • South American

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 30 10.1%

• Total voters

yafash

MASHA'ALLAH
MUSLIM AFRICAN, BORN AND BRED IN NIGERIA. THOUGH I HAVE RELATIVES OF DIFFERENT NATIONALITIES
:wasalam:

shama

:salam2:
ma backgrounds from bungly land lol bangladesh:
but no way woz i brn there lyk but am proud to be a bengali though :ma:

west

Made me think a bit when oting. Why? I am an African (born in Africa). But in South Africa, I am classified as 'coloured" (mixed heritage). Mt pateral grandfather was German and maternal grandmother, Chinese.
Really makes a person review their heritage

hambaAllah

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros/sis
im an old abandoned orphan i guess,, my document issue by my govt put my country of origin as
UNDERTERMINED but they guess im a muslim n admit to a muslim welfare home when i was 9.The inmates there says i look indian some says arab or eurasian so ill settled for "rojak" which mean a mixture of whatever one think as long as im a muslim. "Rojak" is edible dish of mixed raw or steamed vegetables n fruits in hot hot chillies paste:wasalam: :hijabi:

dna1987

Muslim Guy
:blackhijab: salaam aleikum Huda, isn't Asia the far east?

Yeah, techinically it is ... but most people don't call it that. South America could be termed "Large continent inbetween the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean", it'd just take all the Brazilian, Argentinian, etc people a lil bit longer to find it :p

:bismillah:
:salam2: bros/sis
im an old abandoned orphan i guess,, my document issue by my govt put my country of origin as
UNDERTERMINED but they guess im a muslim n admit to a muslim welfare home when i was 9.The inmates there says i look indian some says arab or eurasian so ill settled for "rojak" which mean a mixture of whatever one think as long as im a muslim. "Rojak" is edible dish of mixed raw or steamed vegetables n fruits in hot hot chillies paste:wasalam: :hijabi:

Lol. Random. But funny. I was going to ask what the "Other" category was for. Until now, I was thinking "Antartica?".. you're from that background then.

Abdul Malik

Muslim 1st then pakistani/kashmiri

Asalam alaikum warahmatulahi wabrkatuh, Even though iv grown up in the west my parents originate frm Azad kashmir, Mashallah very beautiful place.

The peeps frm asia are taking it i think.

ALLAH guide us all upon the haq no matter where we frm or where we living....ameen

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum.

This seems like a dead thread but i just wanted to say that yes... i think that

Indian/Pakistani/Bengali/Sri Lankan

are takin the poll... yay... :)

We are all children of Adam... so i mean nothing by it

Wassalam.

FrenchMuslim

Assalam aleykum . i was born in France , my grand parents on my mum' side are Algerian and my dad is half French and half Algerian.

I am a slave of ALlah swt , that's the more important al hamdoulilah

asifeqbal

salam
bro/sis
i am orignaly from india but now in uk newcastle.i like this website very much and appreciate the effort of everybody.one one hand i am glad to see so many new musim here in tthe website.anyhow i am a born muslim

Albint_Almuslima

Im Proud 2 B Me!
YEMEN

:salam2:

I chose Arab since I am arabic also from an arabic country; YEMEN.
I been to yemen only once since i been in US. I have been in the US almost my whole life.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
I was born in India and lived till the age of 18. But since the last 4 years residing in Ukraine.I wish I never settle back in india because the muslims are so much oppressed by the government.Also so much of Fitnah,shirk going on without people thinking about it.The so called muslims in the the Indian SUb COntinent have got modernised...(although I am not generalizing the whole bunch of muslims)
But Insha Allah I wish to help and work for the muslims out there as well as world over Insha Allah Taala.
FIRST AND THE LAST THING FOR ME ...... I AM A MUSLIM ....IT DOESNT MATTER WHERE I LIVE OR WHERE I AM FROM BUT I AM A SLAVE OF ALLAH. I THINK ABOUT MY UMMAH, THE UMMAH OF TAWHEED

Marwa17

My parents are both egyptian and i am as well...I came to America when I was four and have been living here ever since...Inshallah, one day I pray that I will go back...Life may be harder over there, but you feel like you are with your people...

Globalpeace

Banned
Global Muslim Demographics

Asslamo Allaikum,

First of all let me start out by saying that I am a Pakistani [South-Asian roughly 30% of the Muslims in the world live here), Non-Arab (roughly 80% of the Muslims in the world), Sunni (roughly 85% of the Muslims of the world are Sunnees) but that is simply my identity (& origin) and I hope to acquire Taqwa (Fear of Allah) so I can get closer to Allah (SWT) because the best in the eyes of Allah (SWT) are the ones with Taqwa and Nationality, colour, sex & origin are not of importance in Islam in fact it is HARAM (forbidden) to be proud of any of these.

I make dua that Allah (SWT) grants me & all of us Taqwa (Ameen) and abstain from racism, Nationalism which is discarded in Islam as follows:

"And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allâh (i.e. this Qur'ân), and be not divided among yourselves, and remember Allâh's Favour on you, for you were enemies one to another but He joined your hearts together, so that, by His Grace, you became brethren (in Islâmic Faith), and you were on the brink of a pit of Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus Allâh makes His Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.,) clear to you, that you may be guided."
Q.3:105

"And be not as those who divided and differed among themselves after the clear proofs had come to them. It is they for whom there is an awful torment."
Q.6:159

"Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad SAW) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do."
Q.23:52:

"And verily this Ummah of yours IS A SINGLE UMMAH and I am your Lord and Cherisher: Therefore Fear Me (and no other)."
Q.23:53:

Now to the point…

It appears that the poll is gradually getting closer to what the Muslim population demographics are in the world, so I will Insha’Allah attempt to summarise it:

Total Muslim Population: 1.6 Billion (far higher then 1.2 or 1.3 billion as generally portrayed in the Media

Source: http://www.islamicpopulation.com/

Estimated growth in Muslim Population:In 2000 there were roughly 29.9% Christians in the world & 19.2% Muslim, the projected growth puts the Muslims at 30% and Christians at 25% in 2025.

Source: http://muslim-canada.org/muslimstats.html

Sunni/Shia distribution: The overwhelming majority of Muslims in the world are Sunni approximately 85%. Shias make up the rest, about 15% of overall Muslim population. Among the countries with Shi'a majority of Muslim population are Iraq (66%), Bahrain (70%), Lebanon (50%), Iran (90%), and Azerbaijan (80%).
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_world

Arab/Non-Arab distribution: 20% of the Muslim population is Arab and around 80% Non-Arab.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam

Most Muslim by region: 30% of the Muslims live in South Asia for the rest please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Islam_-_Data_by_Country_Name
That’s because I can’t seem to cut & paste tables into this forum…

Top Sixty Muslim countries and Top Sixty with percentage of Muslim population:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Islam_-_Data_by_Country_Name
That’s because I can’t seem to cut & paste tables into this forum…

By population the top 6 are:
1) Indonesia
2) India
3) Pakistan
4) Bangladesh
5) Egypt
6) Turkey

By percentage of population being Muslim the top 6 are:

1) Saudi Arabia
2) Somalia
3) Afghanistan
4) Maldives