Questions to Muslims

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Sacred Thought, no need to be rude or resorting to vulgar words. Just ask nicely, we are nice people here. You seem to be very angry over Arabs, I'm not sure what the Arabs did to you. I've one advise for you, try not to be biased when you criticizing others.

palestine

Servant of Allah
please watch these videos God willing to understand more about islam.
peace.
oops! i'll repost later. seems video isnt working right now.

Sacred_Thought

Ok! I went through your posts rather quickly and spotted many:

The sarcasm here is too obvious.

You can't read my tone.

Besides starting with a lie, this is an obvious ridicule of the Islamic culture.

It's a statement made out of lack of knowledge.

That is vulgar.

That's my take. It doesn't mean you have to make it your own.

If that's not a ridicule of Arab men, what is?

I see you didn't bother to read the point I meant that to mean all men. I used Arabs because that was what my fiancee was particularly acquainted with.

Those are insults to the Quran, because it alleges things that are not in it.

If you say so.

Finally, this quote of yours is a blasphemy

I could say you insult the Bible by rejecting Jesus Christ as your savior. Have I done so? Note: This is an example, to put it into perspective.

Emphasis mine. You don't custom design God to your liking. You read His message and you either accept it or reject it.

The problem with this is that if we all point fingers, we all in turn miss the point. If I believe in your God but I believe that my Bible is true, or my Torah is true, should I tell you that you have rejected the message that God said in relation to my own experience? (Note: I was not raised in any particular fashion other than to believe in God.) I dismiss the idea of the Trinity just like you do, yet I do not embrace the Islamic faith. I suppose I'm really screwed, eh? (Said in good humor)

In the process of re-reading your posts, I noticed this quote of yours

Over 1400 years there hasn't been any change in the text of the Quran, not one word, not one consonant, not one vowel, not one diacritic, not one punctuation and not even one intonation! Does that sound like a preserved book to you?

Sure it does. You've completely missed my point, however. Reliability does not mean validity. However, you are convinced otherwise, and so I will respect that. Remember, I am the ignorant one, am I not allowed to question anything? I might say something aloud, but instead of demonizing me, why don't you pity me?

If God had wished to protect the Torah, He would have but He chose not to. We do not tell God what He should or should not have done! If the Torah had been protected from alteration, there would not have been a need for the Gospel or for Jesus, peace be upon him. Same thing with the Gospel. Maybe God wanted to test the obedience of the Jews; if they cannot be trusted to keep the holiest of books intact then they do not deserve God's grace and the Testament will go to some other people. "If you turn your backs, He will replace you with other people and they will not be like you!" (47:38)

That's a fair response. Okay :)

First, you read the Quran with an open heart and mind and with the possibility in your mind that it is God talking to you. If you have questions after that, ask away.

I have a sincere, honest to God question. I feel I am a good person who believes we all have a purpose on this earth and that I make mistakes and that I am no better than any of you. I ask you though, if God is talking to me in my heart, and it diverges from what you are taught, am I wrong? This is a completely hypothetical question, within the realm of fantasy. So, I invite you to respond in a completely hypothetical way. :)

Your belief in the light of reason is one of two ingredients to finding the truth. The element you're missing is an open heart willing to submit to the truth when you see it.

Fair enough. I will admit this: I came with some bias, but the questions I asked, as I have said, have burned on my mind. For any of you that I offended, again, I apologize. I am but human.

abouisra

:salam2:brothers and sisters just ignore him this guy he is not here to learn and indrstand islam he is just arguing for thinks it shows that he is very ignorant we dont have time for this kind of stupid people he thinks he is challenging us and know thinks we dont know i feel sory for him he needs to grow up and learn how to behave and be polite and respectful to others

Amina 1

:salam2:brothers and sisters just ignore him this guy he is not here to learn and indrstand islam he is just arguing for thinks it shows that he is very ignorant we dont have time for this kind of stupid people he thinks he is challenging us and know thinks we dont know i feel sory for him he needs to grow up and learn how to behave and be polite and respectful to others

Assalam Alaikum

I don't have a problem with him arguing with us to me that shows that he is interested and he seems to be fairly intelligent in his arguments, He just has not accepted the truth yet. Inshallah our answers are Allah's(SWT) way of guiding him. I do think he should make a thread for each question. That way we can respond more completly to his questions. I am learning from my brothers and sisters answers. I will pray that Allah (SWT) guides him:tti_sister:

mezeren

Fair enough. I will admit this: I came with some bias, but the questions I asked, as I have said, have burned on my mind. For any of you that I offended, again, I apologize. I am but human.

So,can we assume that your view of islam has changed a little positively?Then let's get back to square one,you ask your questions a bit more unbiased and we answer them a bit more patiently.May Allah guide all of us to the right path.Amin.

weird calling arab men pigs....the most obvious reason ur saying that is cause u probably u were in an affair with a " labelled" arab muslim and she dumped u.....dont bring Islam into this ...ur fiancee wasnt following Islam in the first place or else she wouldnt have dated u!....and theres no use judging a book by its cover....u have to read to understand ....stop watching the biased media which is controlled by the jews .....

webzaheer

Assalamualaikum,

Scaraed thought i have only one thing to say to you.
Ask one question at a time, in a polite way.
After that have a open mind.
People are here to help u, and guide u.
Once u r satisfied with answer, ask the next question.
No body will have any problem.

Everybody come to this website to learn.

May Allah subhanwatala guide all of us to right path. :)

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
1,2 and 3 : Music which were used in Rasulullah's time were done in the Wedding, Idul Fitri and Idul Adha as well as after Jihad Fi Sabilillah. They used Duff, and there were no singers from men were used.

This make Music as special and not as which disrupt our Al Qur'an and As Sunnah. Acapella is Halaal at every occasion, because there is no musical instruments used.

So in those occasions, the Music is allowed. Not in all occasions. As about dancing, no. Every Muslimah are accepted by Allahu Tabaraka Ta'ala in showing their dances and aurat (shame) to their family, not to the non Muhrim.

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

i never said that we can dance in front of every one ..but i siad that we can dance only infront of girls ...and about singing i said we can sing nasheeds and some good songs which have no meaning and i know that in this generation there are no such good songs ...but i said because he said that there no songs in our muslim religion .......

KashifB

Assalamualaikum,

Scaraed thought i have only one thing to say to you.
1- Ask one question at a time, in a polite way.
2- After that have a open mind.
3- People are here to help u, and guide u.
4- Once u r satisfied with answer, ask the next question.
5- No body will have any problem.

6- Everybody come to this website to learn.

7- May Allah subhanwatala guide all of us to right path. :)

You mean seven things?

Writing with the correct tone

You can't read my tone.

Hello Sacred Thought,

I use to write audit reports, I had to be attentive & diligent not to offend the client & investors with my tone. It was so vital that even one word would get the client mad as heck and I had to go back and change it.

Writing is the 'tongue' of the mind. A rule of thumb is to be conscious about who you are writing to. Understand your audience. You don't want people to assume what your tone is because this will leave people guessing and causing further confusion. :)

Sabra

Salam Everyone,

I don't see any reason for this thread to be closed and I don't see any major disrespect being given from sacredthought. He seems to be very interested in knowing about Islam. This quote from one of the earliest American converts to Islam, Alexander Russell Webb,"Intelligent humanity wants a reason for every belief, and that spirit is commendable and should be encouraged wherever it goes, and that is one of the prominent features of the spirit of Islam." I think this says it all.

:wasalam:

BigAk

The other problem about Arabic being the chosen language is that people study Arabic and learn Arabic, but they don't know and understand Arabic. What good is learning the language if you don't really understand it?

I am not sure where you're getting this notion from!!!! Very shocking to say the least.. I studied Arabic and learned it as my mother tongue.... And I do know it and understand it very well... LOL... Afterall IT IS my first mother tongue and language.

Your statement makes no sense... It is like if I say "You (Sacred_Thouth) study and learn English, but yet you don't know it nor understand it"... Could you please convey your logic here??? You seem to have lost me!!

maryjo

"Sacred thought", from what i am reading maybe u should be scared thought....

Before u raise all these questions about a religion u know very little about, can i ask u a few questions.

I assume ur a christian right. Well do u know the ten commandments? Have u followed them all? I doubt that u have (dont get me wrong-im not judging u). But u accuse other muslims of not following their religion and at the same time ridicule those that do.

U think islam is a STRICT religion, bcz of things like music is forbidden (which is not 100% accurate, bcz some types of music is allowed)? OMG, how hard would ur life be without music??!!!

And one more thing, u say ur fiance is muslim or was a muslim... Is she leaving her religion bcz of u, bcz she loves u and wants to marry u? If yes, well i want u to ask urself this question: if someone is willing to betray their Creator (and change their religion) bcz of his/her love for somebody, ru going to be surprised when that same person leaves U for the love of another person???

Anyhow, i honestly still lack alot of knowledge about Islam, and everyday i learn something new. If u want answers to any of ur questions on islam, check out this website islambasics.com

there are plenty of books in english that will answer all ur questions in a clear and understandable fashion. Gather the right knowledge about islam, then come back and tell if u still have any questions.

I pray to God to open ur heart to islam, for ur sake and ur fiances sake....

Sacred_Thought

U think islam is a STRICT religion, bcz of things like music is forbidden (which is not 100% accurate, bcz some types of music is allowed)? OMG, how hard would ur life be without music??!!!

Life isn't hard without music - I went without music for the first 13 years of my life. Country music drove me mad. It wasn't until I began listening to the radio on my own that I found it enjoyable. I only have one life to live, and I feel that while I'm here I might as well enjoy it to some extent. I like to think of it as making the best out of something that's full of misery and despair. It was also suggested that music can stay in your head and lead to... shirk, I believe? Well, for some maybe, but I have a terrible time just memorizing lyrics. I don't have this problem when I need to focus on something else.

I assume ur a christian right.

Not entirely correct. In fact I find many Christians aggravating but as long as they're not hurting anyone that's their business (By aggravating I mean the notion that people lived with dinosaurs and so on, the "bible thumpers" and the sheep who are scared to ask themselves questions about their religion).

Well do u know the ten commandments? Have u followed them all? I doubt that u have (dont get me wrong-im not judging u). But u accuse other muslims of not following their religion and at the same time ridicule those that do.

I know the ten commandments, asking me if I can recite them all is going to end badly, and asking me if I follow all of them I can't say that I do, but if you ask the Jews about the Ten Commandments (I was looking over some Jewish forums earlier), they'll tell you that the Ten Commandments apply only to Jews - the Gentiles (non-Jews) need only follow the Noahine Laws, which number 7 laws in all and which all mankind is meant to abide.

Your statement makes no sense... It is like if I say "You (Sacred_Thouth) study and learn English, but yet you don't know it nor understand it"... Could you please convey your logic here??? You seem to have lost me!!

Let me clarify: What I meant was, since Arabic is meant for all Muslims to know, and if we remember that not all Muslims speak Arabic as their native tongue, it can be much harder to understand. Let me illustrate. Let's say, "I am a Muslim born in America. My parents speak English and my native language is English. I have professed the Shahada and now I am learning Arabic so I can truly understand the Qur'an." Okay, but now I have to learn an entirely new language and I have to understand all the nuances and all the complexities of it, I have to have a dictionary handy and - let's say I do attain a working grasp - I still doubt I'd be able to fully comprehend it for many, many years. And even then, there's a chance I can walk away with incorrect ideas from it.

Let me illustrate another example. "I am from India and my parents are Muslims, and I was born a Muslim. My native language is Hindi but as a good Muslim I must also know Arabic to understand the language." Now, let's say I read the Qur'an cover to cover, and I know all the Arabic words. Do I really know what I've read? It's open to debate. I hypothesize that one reason this extremism among the Taliban may stem partially from this.

Furthermore, "I have read the Qur'an, and I can bring up any defense against your allegations/arguments/misconceptions with a handy quote." I truly believe for some, it is a handy "get out of a discussion free card." You have your Qur'an, but can you (an ambiguous "you" as I am not pointing to anyone in particular) can maintain a philosophical debate on it, because you actually know what it is you're quoting?

Moving on: God and God Alone knows who and who will not enter Heaven, it's part of a facet of theology called Predestination, in which God knows who will and will not enter Heaven before they are even born. This is also embraced by Protestants of the Christian denomination. The concept of Predestination seems a little restricting to me - it shows that even though God is all-knowing, it means that some (or many of us) will have no chance of entering into Heaven regardless of how noble and just and worshipful we live our lives. I don't of course feel that this is an excuse to be godless and not care, but at the same time it makes me wonder if you can't know for certain, what are you potentially wasting your time for?

I feel that not only did God give 3 different books to 3 different groups of people, He also gave those books to those people because it suited them best. For the Jews God gave the Torah, for the Christians He gave the Bible, and for the Muslims He gave the Qur'an. Each group is very different and yet, very much the same. I feel that each of these Books relate to the experiences of each of those groups, and so I find it hard to see that any one group can be any more or less valid than the other. Oh, and a fun fact: Christians did not call themselves "Christians" for a long time (300 years I think?) Until then, they were simply "Jews that believed that the Messiah had come." Judaism was the parent of Christianity and in many ways that can be seen in Catholicism (a popular joke, "Nobody can guilt their children better than a Jewish or Catholic mother" :p)

I'm more of one to think that even though God is all knowing that our deeds and our merits play some part, no matter how great or how large, in influencing our entry or denial into paradise. But I am also one to think that God loves his creation too much to let us all perish in Hellfire for all eternity - If God is Just, then it seems fair to assume that He will make us pay our dues until we are cleansed of them and are finally able to join the righteous.

I KNOW this is blasphemous and heretical, but before you point that out, know that I've gotten the same thing from Christians as well. Everything I said makes me wonder.

Ultimately, I feel it fair to think that if anything, God gave these Books to these people as a means of living a righteous life, not as a means of saying who is right and who is not. If someone feels right in their heart, good, if they are "unrighteous," why take it upon yourself to insist the other person is wrong, is that not between that person and God? - as some of you have tried to do with me? - I know that there's a handy quote floating around that some of you are eager to share with me, but it's like I say to Mormons who try and convince me to join their religion: "If you believe we are all going to Heaven anyway, why are you trying so hard to get me to join you?" (Mormon belief is that everyone is going to Heaven regardless of how good or bad you are in life).

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Let me illustrate another example. "I am from India and my parents are Muslims, and I was born a Muslim. My native language is Hindi but as a good Muslim I must also know Arabic to understand the language." Now, let's say I read the Qur'an cover to cover, and I know all the Arabic words. Do I really know what I've read? It's open to debate. I hypothesize that one reason this extremism among the Taliban may stem partially from this.

Dude, that's why we have what's called an "English translation." Your above quote would fit me nicely, but so far, I haven't learnt Arabic, but I still know what it says in the Quran. And its not like these translations aren't authentic, they're very very well done. My copy with the commentary and translation is one of the biggest books I own. (It's almost double the size of the Order of the Phoenix if you go by its thickness) All this shows that its done in so much detail as to leave no room for ambiguity.

I'm more of one to think that even though God is all knowing that our deeds and our merits play some part, no matter how great or how large, in influencing our entry or denial into paradise. But I am also one to think that God loves his creation too much to let us all perish in Hellfire for all eternity - If God is Just, then it seems fair to assume that He will make us pay our dues until we are cleansed of them and are finally able to join the righteous.

Its not sure whether its going to be for eternity. I've heard that even all the disbelievers will be in hell for a long long time, but in the end, hell will be closed and everyone would be in paradise. But that's a long time later.