Help Needed!

Truth91

Allahu Akbar!
Assalamu Alaikum.

As some of you may know, I converted to Islam yesterday.

Unfortunately I have already done a bad thing and have been drinking alcohol heavily :(

I am truly sorry to ALLAH(SWT) for doing this :(

I know that I will be punished for my actions by ALLAH(SWT) and I accept this punishment as It is just.

I am wondering what I must do to be able to perform prayer again and read Qu'ran again. Is Wudhoo enough or must I perform Ghusl.

Please do not lecture me about this as I know that what I have done is wrong, I just wish to put this behind me now.

Walaykum Salam :)

BinDre

Bored
"Allah the Almighty has said: 'O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me, and hope in Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds in the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I shall forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with an earthful of sins and were you then to face Me, without having associated anything with Me, I shall grant you an earthful of pardon." [Recorded by Al-Tirmidhi, who said that it is a good and sound hadith].

sal12

Wow masha'allah congratulations for converting! Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question but try not to feel too bad about what you did. I mean your life is practically changing now but this needs to be done in baby steps. No one expects you to give up everything overnight. For now I think the fact that you acknowledge the One God and the Prophet Muhammad (sallalahi alayhi wasalam) is an accomplishment mahsa'allah! Well done. Sorry for not knowing the answer to your question! Insha'allah someone here will.

mohammed nasser

first of all congratulations for reversion
for alcohol drinking , it is sin but you can easily ask Allah for forgiveness and intending trying not to do it again
it is the all case
you do not need to do ghusl or any other thing
hoping you more guidance and success

ummu thany

sister in islam
FORGIENESS FOR ALL PREVIOUS SINS

When someone converts to Islam, God forgives all of his previous sins and evil deeds. A man called Amr came to the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and said, “Give me your right hand so that I may give you my pledge of loyalty.” The Prophet :saw: stretched out his right hand. Amr withdrew his hand. The Prophet said: {What has happened to you, O Amr?} He replied, “I intend to lay down a condition.” The Prophet :saw: asked: {What condition do you intend to put forward?} Amr said, “That God forgive my sins.” The Prophet :saw: said: {Didn’t you know that converting to Islam erases all previous sins?
( Narrated in Saheeh Muslim, #121, and Mosnad Ahmad, #17357.)

After converting to Islam, the person will be rewarded for his or her good and bad deeds according to the following saying of the Prophet Muhammad :saw:: {Your Lord, Who is blessed and exalted, is most merciful. If someone intends to do a good deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, (a reward of) ten to seven hundred or many more times (the reward of the good deed), will be recorded for him. And if someone intends to do a bad deed but does not do it, a good deed will be recorded for him. And if he does do it, a bad deed will be recorded against him or God will wipe it out.
(Narrated in Mosnad Ahmad, #2515, and Saheeh Muslim, #131.)

By-islam-guide.com

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
CONGRATS! as Ummu thany said all your sins are forgiven and you are now like an INNOCENT LITTLE KID...MashaAllah, that is Allah's mercy upon men, HE is the most MERCIFUL and ALL FORGIVING. Welcome to Islam brother/sister.

Oh Allah increase our faith, love and taqwa for you and let us not be one of the ignorant and the wrong doers. Alahuma ameen, Alahuma Ameen,Alahuma ameen
***Sister UBAH*

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
As long as you still alive, you can always confess to Allah and seek His forgiveness. You can do the following in seeking Allah's forgiveness:

- regret and stop immediately the sin being committed
- seek Allah forgiveness and repent
- promised will not repeat the sin committed.

Now, if you have promised to Allah will not repeat, what to do let's say you have repeated the sin!!. I checked with one mufti about 3 months ago what to do in case someone break his own promised to Allah, the mufti said apart from 3 things I mentioned above you must also fast for 2 days as a kiffaraa'.

Allah knows best. Let me know if anything I said wrong.

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
Allah forgives everything except shirk. Seek repentance brother, Allah is All-Forgiving, Subhanallah!

Mabrook(congratulations) on your reversion!

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
Assalamu Alaikum.

Unfortunately I have already done a bad thing and have been drinking alcohol heavily :(

I know that I will be punished for my actions by ALLAH(SWT) and I accept this punishment as It is just.

I am wondering what I must do to be able to perform prayer again and read Qu'ran again. Is Wudhoo enough or must I perform Ghusl.

Please do not lecture me about this as I know that what I have done is wrong, I just wish to put this behind me now.

Waalaykumsalam warahmatullah

No ghusl is needed. Before prayer and touching the quran ,wudoo is needed just like a normal muslim needs to do.

Kakorot

:salam2:

InshaAllaah seek the forgiveness of Allaah, Allaah is AlGhaffur (Most Forgiving) ArRaheem (Most Merciful).
Alhamdulillaah (Praise be to Allaah) our Rabb (Lord) is Forgiving. :)

please read this: http://islam-qa.com/en/ref/14289/repentance I hope this helps InshaAllaah (God willing/if Allaah wills)

May Allaah forgive you. ameen

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Assalamu Alaikum.

well .. did you drink alchohol after converting or before converting to islam? and if you drank before converting ,then alhamdulillah , allh will forgive all your sins ... and if you have drank after converting , then ask allah forgiveness..and (inshallah) i will pray to allah that may allah forgive all your sins...ameen