MAULUDUR RASUL

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
MAULIDUR RASUL

Assalamu'alaikum, hope all of you are in good health and imaan insyAllah.

We will be celebrating The Prophet (may blessing and peace be upon him) birthday, on 9 March 2009 insyAllah. It will be a public holiday in Malaysia. Almost every mosque and mussollah will be celebrating and some will be marching around the town and chanting the marhaaban. Last year, non muslim leaders also joined in the march. There will be a lot of religious activities all over the country for next one month starting 9 March 2009.

I know the sahaba never celebrated. I've this question for you my brothers and sisters, what is your opinion about this celebrating The Prophet's (may blessing and peace be upon him) birthday? What is the scholars opinion? Is it true this is bida'ah?

Thanks you for you feedback.

Your brother Hard Rock Moslem, Malaysia.

Salem9022

Assalamu'alaikum, hope all of you are in good health and imaan insyAllah.

We will be celebrating The Prophet (may blessing and peace be upon him) birthday, on 9 March 2009 insyAllah. It will be a public holiday in Malaysia. Almost every mosque and mussollah will be celebrating and some will be marching around the town and chanting the marhaaban. Last year, non muslim leaders also joined in the march. There will be a lot of religious activities all over the country for next one month starting 9 March 2009.

I know the sahaba never celebrated. I've this question for you my brothers and sisters, what is your opinion about this celebrating The Prophet's (may blessing and peace be upon him) birthday? What is the scholars opinion? Is it true this is bida'ah?

Thanks you for you feedback.

Your brother Hard Rock Moslem, Malaysia.

If the Best of the Muslims who were with the Prophet, who protected him and fought alongside him against the Kuffar, who Protected Islam and were the ones who safe guarded the Message of Tawheed against the Lies of the Kuffar so we could call ourselves muslims today. If they didn't celebrate the "birthday" of the Prophet then who are these people nowadays to do so?

Are these people who celebrate the birthday of the prophet saying that they are better then the Sahabah who were with the Prophet and were Killed and Tortured? they know more then them? they are more righteous then them? even according to you as you said, you know the sahabah didnt celebrate the birthday of prophet then that should give you a hint that maybe I shouldn't celebrate it either.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother, I was thinking about it too. I know the sahaba never did but our ulama' should be in better position to tell us it is wrong if it is wrong..but so far no one say so.

Let me explain some of the activities:

- it's national holiday here
- no any form of shirk committed
- some will organise talks in mosque, mussollah
- normally religious talk will focus on siraah
- gathering in stadium and giving away awards (non-muslim included)
- there will be marching around the town, marhaban

Positive part I can see every year there are more awareness about the need to love the Prophet and follow his sunnah through this religious talk. Gathering in stadium or hall normally include non-mulsim also, this will be a great daawa opportunity.

So I do not really see any problem that will shake your imaan. What do you think?

sazk

Banned
brother good thing you pointed this out:

celebrating a birthday was a tradition started by the romans who, by the way, also managed to fool the modern christians into thinking that 25th december was the birthday of Jesus. in reality 25th december was the birthday of a false god, a pagan god of wine called Dionysus. now present day christian scholars are coming to realise that Jesus (PBUH) was born during spring or early summer. but the early christians were made to believe that this is the birthday of Jesus, son of God, astaghfirullah and that they should be merry and celebrate it and drink wine with the pagans.

this concept was adopted into islam by some foolish muslims also. the enemies of islam suggested this bidah (innovation) and some muslims started celebrating birthdays, some because they wanted to celebrate birthdays and some because they wanted to show their love for the Prophet.

but even if you want a good thing, brother, you cant justify it by wrong means.

zakat is positive but you cannot purify your wealth by giving zakat if the money is stolen or from interest.

in the same way, organising religious talks and having celebrations is not rewarded if u r practising bid'ah (innovation) which was not there in the original religion.

you don't see the problem my brother because this is what your ancestors have been doing ( more accurately since u r a revert, this is what the east asian muslim's grandfathers have been doing). but instead of blindly following their practices, free your mind and think for yourself. if the original religion didnt have it, why does it exist now.

this act is also celebrated by the uneducated in my country but those who have knowledge know that this is not something that should be done. proof: even those mullahs and maulanas who celebrate this will tell you that this act was not celebrated by the Companions of the Prophet (PBUH). so even they are testifying that this is a bid'ah.your part is to open your eyes and see that both parties are saying this, then what is right and what is wrong

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Salam Brother Sazk, the one you put in red is really very scary.

Now we have to look at the definition of bid'ah. If the Prophet never did it and the sahaba never did it, is it wrong or is it bid'ah to do it if there are some benefits in it?

Let's say my intention is to attend the religious talk and gain some knowledge from learned sheikh during this celebration (not to celebrate), is it wrong? Is it bid'ah?

I'm in state of confusion now and need more clearer picture because the day is nearing, insyAllah.

Pls, thank you.

sazk

Banned
lol. now u r just trying to be stubborn in the face of clear evidence.

i gave you full proof of what the bid'ah act is. here it is again:

the act of celebrating the birthday of Hazrat Muhammad (SAWS).

gaining benefits, listening to sermons etc. this is a completely different point that you are trying to hang on.

you can certainly listen to sermons... you can listen to sermons any day of the entire year!!!

what you cannot do is: celebrate the birthday of the Prophet (PBUH). why? because that is precisely Bid'ah.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Fine, it is bid'ah.

Is not about being stubborn though I agree that I'm stubborn. I accept the points you highlighted and accept the fact perhaps it is bid'ah to celebrate the Prophet's birthday. What I'm saying I can still attend with intention to listen to the talk...coz I like to listen to sirah. You know I plan to fwd this issue to the people in my mosque and probably I will have one to one talk to the sheikh present. I need more "bullets" otherwise the learned sheikh going to corner and narrow me down.

sazk

Banned
what??? i'm not going to give you any 'weapons' or points so that it can be used to cause discord between two muslim brothers!!!

what i said before is only what is generally agreed upon by ALL muslims.

if you see a wrongdoing, stop it by hand, if you cannot stop it by hand, then do so by tongue, and if you cannot do so by tongue, then feel bad about it in your heart. And that is the weakest level of emaan.

Allah has made it easy for you. you don't need to attend the ceremony when you know that the cause of ceremony - the celebration act - is wrong. you can always buy the recording of it and listen to it again at another time.

even I cannot change the mentality of my country. but that doesn't mean i have to be a part of it. there is nothing a sheikh will say that is already not present in a book written by an even higher scholar at a certain time. and that gives you double sawaab becoz u r searching for knowledge also. you might not find what you are looking for, but in learning you will always learn something good about the Deen.

sazk

Banned
my brother what i would suggest is this: you should have a talk with the sheikh if he is learned, and learn from him. this is better for you as it will increase your knowledge about the Deen.

ofcourse arab scholars will tell you that this act should not be celebrated. but do we listen? they also say that the sufism, which is practised in our part of the world is also wrong. but do we listen? they also say that grave worship is wrong. but you will find that muslims do that also! shocking. there are hadith to back up all of these things and clear evidences. but people want to do what their forefathers were doing. and this is something the Quran speaks out against also.

but in order to increase your knowledge, you should talk to the sheikh. that would be my advice as a brother.

:salam2:

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

In Kuwait, we get the Prophet's birthday as a National Holiday, but it is really nothing more than a day off of work for most people; there are not actual parties or celebrations - just a chance to have a break!

Lana

abusumi

on maulid

Brother Hard Rock moslem
Salam
despite what you have been informed the truth the maulid is what scholars
call bidah hasanat. It is a good thing, many great scholars of the world say
it is allowed and not a reprehensible bidah { it is the mixing of genders and dancing and things in maulids that are problems }
I am not a scholar but I can refer you to a video in Google video
by shaykh Salek on maulid it will show up. An almost 2 hour video which will
leave you with no doubt with the correct ruling of it. Cant hurt to check it out and think for yourself.

sazk

Banned
yes its the same in Saudi Arabia as well. a break for offices and banks but no celebrations whatsoever

sazk

Banned
Brother Hard Rock moslem
Salam
call bidah hasanat. It is a good thing, many great scholars of the world say
it is allowed and not a reprehensible bidah { it is the mixing of genders and dancing and things in maulids that are problems }
I am not a scholar but I can refer you to a video in Google video
leave you with no doubt with the correct ruling of it. Cant hurt to check it out and think for yourself.

there you go.. if the sheikh says its ok then he will give the proofs so it should ease the concerns. the only key point is to note what does the scholar say about the 'celebration' that goes on with it.

Salem9022

Brother Hard Rock moslem
Salam
call bidah hasanat
. It is a good thing, many great scholars of the world say it is allowed and not a reprehensible bidah { it is the mixing of genders and dancing and things in maulids that are problems } I am not a scholar but I can refer you to a video in Google video

No doubt that the celebrating of the prophets "birthday" is a Bidah - Innovation in the religion, Since none of the Sahabah did it, The first people to start celebrating it were the Shi3a during the Fatmids in Egypts.

Also there is NO such thing called Bidah Hasanat, we in this Forum arn't Soufis, All Bidah is MisGuidance and all Misguidance is in the HellFire.

Also to those who can careless, didn't they realize that the prophet also died on the same day of the same month? If they are "celebrating" his Birth then they are also celebrating his death since he died on that same day of the same month.

The Bottom article also includes a Fatawh from Shaykh Uthaimeen about the dangers of celebrating the prophets "birthday".

This isn't the first time btw, this topic was put, many threads were created before, if you have a question next time, use the search engine cause these questions were answered already.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celebrating the Prophet's birthday is bida (an innovation in the religion); the Prophet (saaws) did not instruct others to do it, and he didn't have companions around him doing it and then give any type of permission (including silent permission).

We are not to make distinction between any of the Prophets. Distinction in status, for instance. Like to say one is better than another. This leads to idol worship, similar to what the christians did when they began to worship Jesus instead of treat him as the Prophet he was. They just took it a step too far.. and kept running with it, up to what it is today.

The Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) has said: Do not over praise me as the Christians over-praised the son of Mary. I am His slave so say: 'Allah's slave and messenger' [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

What is important about each Prophet and/or Messenger is the MESSAGE.

THE DANGER OF INNOVATIONS IN THE DEEN

Hadith - Reported by an-Nasaa'ee (3/188).

"… The most truthful speech is the Book of Allaah. The best way is the way of Muhammad. The worst of affairs are the novelties and every novelty is an innovation and every innovation is misguidance and every misguidance is in the Fire." [Saheeh according to Sheikh al-Albaanee in Saheeh Sunan in-Nasaa'ee (no. 1487)]

Read more about Bid'a (innovations in ibadah) here.

MAKE NO DISTINCTION BETWEEN PROPHETS/MESSENGERS

The Noble Qur'an 2:285

The Messenger (Muhammad ) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allâh, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."

The Noble Qur'an 2:136

Say (O Muslims), "We believe in Allâh and that which has been sent down to us and that which has been sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob), and to Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)], and that which has been given to Mûsa (Moses) and 'Iesa (Jesus), and that which has been given to the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and to Him we have submitted (in Islâm)."

The Noble Qur'an 4:152

And those who believe in Allâh and His Messengers and make no distinction between any of them (Messengers), We shall give them their rewards, and Allâh is Ever Oft*!Forgiving, Most Merciful.

The Noble Qur'an 3:84

Say (O Muhammad ): "We believe in Allâh and in what has been sent down to us, and what was sent down to Ibrâhim (Abraham), Ismâ'il (Ishmael), Ishâque (Isaac), Ya'qûb (Jacob) and Al-Asbât [the twelve sons of Ya'qûb (Jacob)] and what was given to Mûsa (Moses), 'Iesa (Jesus) and the Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between one another among them and to Him (Allâh) we have submitted (in Islâm)."

THE SHIRK OF EXCESSIVE PRAISE

So, now then, we say to those who insist on celebrating the Prophet's birthday.... with clear proof not to distinguish between the Prophets... why don't you celebrate ALL the Prophet's birthday's? Like Jesus'? You can do it on Dec. 25th or pick another date if you want. Oh, I see, you know better than to celebrate Jesus' birthday?? Maybe the reasons you shouldn't be celebrating Jesus' birthday, are the same reasons not to celebrate Muhammad's birthday?

The Noble Qur'an 7:190

But when He gave them a Sâlih (good in every aspect) child, they ascribed partners to Him (Allâh) in that which He has given to them. High be Allâh, Exalted above all that they ascribe as partners to Him. (Tafsir At-Tabarî, Vol.9, Page 148).

Clear proof. But some call it "love" to go beyond what they were commanded.

Excessive praise of a person is forbidden. It falls into shirk quickly. Doing anything in excess of what we were commanded to do, is exceeding the limits and oppressing oneself.

Hadith - Tirmidhi #417

A desert Arab came to Allah's Apostle and asked him about ablution. He demonstrated (washing each part of his body) thrice, and then said: That is (the method) of the ablution. And he who does more than this has done wrong, transgressed the limit and has oppressed (himself). [Transmitted by Nasa'i, Ibn Majah, and Abu Dawud transmitted something to the same effect.]

The Noble Qur'an - An-Nisa 4:171

O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allâh aught but the truth. ...

THOSE WHO SAY "I WILL LOVE HIM
MORE THAN YOU, BY BEING DISOBEDIENT"

We must not love the Prophet saaws more than other Prophets. And when Allah, swt, says:

Hadith - Bukhari 1:13, Narrated Abu Huraira
Allah's Apostle said, "By Him in Whose Hands my life is, none of you will have faith till he loves me more than his father and his children."

This means to love his WAYS, his SUNNAH - more than any family tie; remember, we show love by being obedient. For instance, you can't go hit someone on the head and then say "but I really love you." Or, like abusers do, beat up a spouse and call it an act of love (yes, some of them actually say that's WHY they did it!).

The Prophet Muhammad brought a great Message. He had a special role. But he, himself, was a man like any other - was poor, couldn't even read ----- except he was unique in piety. That can be said of all the Prophets and Messengers; they excelled in piety. This factor - piety - can be used. No other factor should be used to honor one person over another. So, we can say that all the Prophets were very pious people.

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Hujurat 49:13

O mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

Hadith - Al-Tirmidhi #5198, Narrated AbuDharr [Ahmad transmitted it]

Allah's Messenger said to him, "You are not better than people with red or black skins unless you excel them in piety."

A common trait of modern sufism is to "love" the Prophet so much that they engage in shirk with this love. However, it's not really the proper level of love when it outright involves disobedience.

THE TWO EIDS REPLACE ALL HOLIDAYS

Hadith - Abu Dawood #1134, 1/675, Narrated Anas Bin Malik

The Prophet came to Medina with two days they played in.

The Prophet said, ‘What are these two days?’ They said, ‘These are two days we used to play in, in our Jahiliyah.’ The Prophet said, ‘Allah has replaced them with two better days: Eid Al Adhaa and Eid Al-Fitr’.

FATWA FROM SHEIKH BIN UTHAIMEEN

The eminent scholar Muhammad Salih bin Uthaimeen was asked concerning the celebration of the birthday of the Messenger of Allah (r), to which he responded:

To begin with, the exact day of birth of the Messenger of Allah (r) is not known with certainty. Rather, some contemporary researchers have confirmed that he died on the 9th of Rabee’ al-Awal and not the 12th (as is commonly believed), and thus there is no historical basis for specifying the 12th for celebration.

Furthermore, this celebration has no basis in the religious point of view, since if it was legislated, the Prophet would have performed it or informed his nation to do so. If he had performed it or informed his nation to do so, it would be necessary for it to have been preserved, since Allah (I) says:

“Verily It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Remembrance of the Qur`an) and surely, We will guard and preserve it (from corruption).” (al-Hijr: 9)

Since this was not narrated, we come to know that it is not from the religion of Allah. If it is not from the religion of Allah, then it is not allowed for us to worship Allah (U) and seek to come close to Him in this manner. If Allah (I) has made a particular path for us to follow to reach Him (and His pleasure), which is the path of the Messenger of Allah , how can it be permissible for us, while we are only slaves, to make another path which leads to Allah’s Pleasure from our own selves (and not revealed)? Indeed it is a great transgression against the right of Allah (U) to legislate in His religion that which is not part of it. Moreover, this entails a denial of what Allah (I) said in the Qur`an:

“This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (al- Ma`idah: 3)

If this celebration was from the Perfection of the Religion, it must have been in existence before the death of the Messenger of Allah (r). If it is not from the Perfection of the Religion, then it is not possible that it be from the religion, since Allah (I) said: “This day I have perfected your religion for you.” Whoever claims that it is from the Perfection of the Religion which occurred after the death of the Messenger of Allah , then his claim amounts to a denial of this verse of the Qur`an. Without doubt those who celebrate the birthday of the Messenger of Allah , only desire to magnify, extol and praise the Messenger , show their love for him, and increase their enthusiasm to bring out their feelings in this celebration for the Prophet . All of this is a form of worship. The love of the Messenger is a worship that is necessary for faith, since one’s faith is not complete until he loves the Messenger more than his own self, his son, his father, and all of humanity. Magnification, exaltation and praise of the Messenger of Allah for Allah’s sake is an act of worship and is from the religion, as is enthusiasm for the Messenger of Allah , since they draw one closer to Allah’s religion.

Thus it follows that celebration of the birthday of the Prophet in order to draw near to Allah and to extol His Messenger is regarded as an act of worship, and since it is an act of worship then it is never allowed to innovate anything new in religion which is not of it. Therefore, the celebration of the birthday is an innovation and prohibited. Also, we hear various reports that these celebrations contain many unlawful acts, which neither the religion, one’s senses, nor any reasonable intelligence deem permissible. They sing rhymes and poems which go to extremes in respect to the Messenger , so much so that they make him greater than Allah, and refuge is sought in Allah. We also hear about the foolishness of some of the participants, that when an orator tells the story of his birth and reaches the part of his delivery, they all stand up in attention together saying and believing that the soul and spirit of the Messenger of Allah , has appeared among them manifest, and that they stand out of respect. This is extreme folly and absurd superstition. Moreover, it is not mannerly to stand up for the Messenger of Allah since he used to dislike that. The Sahaabah, who loved and extolled the Messenger more than anyone else, would not stand for him while he was alive due to his hate for it, so how foolish is this baseless superstition?

The celebration of the birthday of the Messenger of Allah is a blatant innovation which never occurred until after the three righteous generations following the death of the Messenger of Allah , and it is full of undesired and wicked things which oppose the basis of the religion of Islam, moreover the mixing and integration of men and women together in one area and many other objectionable acts.

knotto

Love Love

Love Prophet must follow the Prophet right? Why don't we perform alot of Sunnah in our daily life instead tell another to celebrate for the Prophet. We alway told to another love Nabi But why not follow Nabi directly . For the story of the Prophet a lot of people read it when rite has begun in my village is reading in Berzanyee or Burda. And for the story in the Berzanyee that not true and have alot for the way to go to make Shirk as excessively
esteem for the Prophet.So if who do this that like as a liar person because we tell we love Prophet but we don't follow the the Prophet{truth Sunnah}...lol:astag:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother Salem, I'm very impressed with the article you posted. Now I'm more clearer on the ruling of celebrating the Prophet's birthday. May Allah rewards all of you brothers and sisters for your feedback and comment.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
About this, I also have a question. So far on the Prophet's birth and death anniversary, my parents give food to the poor, praying that the sawaab go to Rasullallah (s.a.w.) and do extra Quran, extra salaat. All this seems okay to me. Also, when its night, we just light some candles on the boundary of the house. Is this okay? The light just is a mark that Rasullalah (saw) brought light into our lives by bringing religion to us. This isn't bidah is it? :(

Some people even do the whole firecrackers thing on this day, but astaghfirullah, we've always been told never to do this.