Morocco

Isra

aka Tree2008
As Salamo Alaikome

I have been here for almost a week now and I must tell you this is the most beautiful country and people I have ever seen in my life. The food is wonderful and I am learning more about the culture every day.

Alhamdulillah I am learning so much being in an Islamic country and the family I am visiting are taking very good care of me. One lady came to visit in the morning when we were eating the breakfast and she said to me that it is very good for the Moroccan family if the visitor leaves fatter than they came. This was very funny at the time she said it but I am beginning to believe it because they are telling me "eat eat eat" all the time. I am pretty sure by the time I go home in 2 weeks the airline will charge me for another plane ticket because I will look like I am 2 people instead of the 1 person who came here. LOL

I visited the masjid in Casablanca and took some pictures. While I was there I noticed a man who looked like he could have been American (my country) and he lit a cigarette outside in front of the masjid. This made me very angry that he would have such little respect for the masjid like that but my friend told me that the masjid is very famous so many tourists come there every year to see it and some people are not Muslim so maybe they dont understand. I felt something that I never felt before in my life. I am a foreigner in a country I have never visited before and I am outside the masjid and wearing hijab for the first time in my life I felt I am a real Muslimah and this touched my heart so deeply.

I have been wearing hijab every time I go out and even though some of the women in this country dont wear hijab it makes me feel better when I am. I tried to take my shahada yesterday in that famous masjid in Casa but they wouldnt let me do it because I didnt bring my passport with me. The house of the family where I am staying is very far from the masjid so I couldnt get my passport and go back.

I think I will take my shadaha here in the house because for me the only thing that is important is the person who introduced me to Islam his family and Allah. When I take my shahada its not so important where I am its more important who I am with. Inshallah it will be this week. I am already praying in the right way now so I am already Muslim. :hijabi:

pcozzy

:salam2:

mashAllah,

I hope you enjoy your trip and learn what may benefit you in your life.

post some of those pics when you get back, if you don't mind.

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008

mashAllah,

I hope you enjoy your trip and learn what may benefit you in your life.

post some of those pics when you get back, if you don't mind.

Unfortunately I left the cord to the camera back in the USA so I am unable to upload the pictures from the camera to the computer. My friend said maybe his friend has a cord we can borrow so he is going to ask next time he sees him. If I am able to do it I will do it before I leave here otherwise it will have to wait until I get back home.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Allaicumu Salam dear sister

Mashallah, mashaallah dear sister.

This is so wonderfull and blessed news for you and for all of us:):):)

May Allah strenght your iman and make you one of those with whom He is pleased. Ameen

May Allah bless you dear :hearts:

mohd2008

If u have come to Gaza Strip, you'll see what u saw in Morocco
Also u will see many things do not see it in morocoby
Jihad will see, Rabat
You will see the martyrs
You will see women and children are killed
You'll see the patience and endurance
Finally, u will see me
my Greetings

abdellah007

thats great news sistser Theresa,

I am glad you like it here in Morocco, yeah people are trying their best here to satisfy and welcome the forigners Al hamdolilah you like this wonderful country. yes Moroccans would be happy when they see their visitors eating alot :) they would think you like the food which makes you happy among them.anyway you get a chance to visit Hassan II masjid in casablanca which is the bigest one in africa. take your shahada wherever you can what s important is the witnesses. your welcome in Morocco again.

Salam

Isra

aka Tree2008
sister, which masjid was that? can you tell the name of that famous masjid? We are waiting for your shadah

Salam.....

The name of the masjid is Hassan II in Casablanca. The reason I said its famous is because if you type "mosque in Morocco" in the google search that is the one that showed up when I was in the USA. I actually saw pictures of it before ever coming here and then yesterday I saw it in person so for me that is incredible!!!

Maybe I seem overly excited or something but for me this is amazing just to think about being on another continent when I have never left North America my whole life. I dont think it has really even hit me yet to be honest!

D.Ahmed

Believer
Salaam, I found some beautiful picture's of this masjid on google! Wish i could see it for real one day Insha-Allah.

IMG_2144.jpg

King-Hassan-II-Moskee-Casablanca-photo--_smgpx10001x15158x1bd212169.jpg

41.jpg

hassan-ii-mosque-ablution-room-casablanca.jpg

imgres

yoko337

Masha Allah

Asalamu alaikom sister, i am very happy for you , may Allah subuhatallah make easy for you and grand you in the rigth part and thai Islam.
Jazaallah qairan
:)

Ladybug3478

Hello,

Beautiful story. Morocco looks beautiful from the pictures. Very nice that God has arranged for you to stay with a family that wants to send you home nice and healthy! :)

Warm Regards!

a_stranger

:salam2: sister

May Allah keep faith firm in our hearts till we meet him, and gather us all in Janna:

7:43 And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury;- beneath them will be rivers flowing;- and they shall say: "Praise be to Allah, who hath guided us to this (felicity): never could we have found guidance, had it not been for the guidance of Allah. indeed it was the truth, that the apostles of our Lord brought unto us." And they shall hear the cry: "Behold! the garden before you! Ye have been made its inheritors, for your deeds (of righteousness)."
Translation of the meanings of Quran

fada_all

salam alikom sister theresa,

what a nice news....really u were there yesterday ?????? unfortunetely, i didn't see u there in the Masjid HASSAN II? i m always there because i live very near to it .most of the times im there i have a lot of friends from different clutures that i met them there years before.Im so excited!!!!! to konw that u like my country what a very magnific news about u ...alhamdolillah.
wow..... u will enjoy the morroccan food surely sister .specially the Couscous and the Tajin.. or the Morroccan Tea and a lot of more things ...if u still have enough time to re-visit the mosque plz would u mind informing me okey sister plz

may allah swt bless u with his wide mercy.protect u from satan and guide u the right path and all of us..
salam alikom
ur sis khadija

nizar83

aselemu aleikum sister

as a moroccan, im very happy to hear your positive comments on morocco and moroccan citizens..AL hamdulilaah

more important however, im really really happy for you havin embraced islam..i hope you have entered islam for the right reasons: to worship ALLAH the unique alone, and to do what is obligatory on every muslim, and to avoid what is forbidden for every muslim inshallah

may ALLAH ta3ala ease your path and link you with people even better than urself inshallah

Isra

aka Tree2008
As Salamo Alaikome

Today is the first time I performed the salat in the masjid. It wasnt Hassan II it was local. Still the feeling of praying shoulder to shoulder with other Muslimahs and hearing an Imam leading the prayer was pretty emotional for me. I find that the tears flow so easily and it embarrasses me which is because I have never been comfortable with public displays of emotion and now I find that I am unable to control my own tears. When I feel this overwhelming feeling of awe at the power of our lord it comes flowing out of me and I cannot help myself.

I dont know if I will visit the Hassan II masjid again but I dont think it will happen during this trip. I am supposed to visit Rabat tomorrow Inshallah.
I feel so blessed to have been fortunate enough to make this trip. Alhamdulillah Im very lucky.

naaad

mu'minah
As Salaam Alaikum,
that's amazing sister. you are among the really fortunate and blessed ones on whom ALLAH has bestowed HIS mercy and made you embrace Islam which is indeed the greatest blessing. May ALLAH fill your heart with iman and bless your life!

hey, luckyy you:). i always had this hidden desire of visiting morocco. i feel it's a very calm and heatwarming place.

Isra

aka Tree2008
As Salaam Alaikum,
that's amazing sister. you are among the really fortunate and blessed ones on whom ALLAH has bestowed HIS mercy and made you embrace Islam which is indeed the greatest blessing. May ALLAH fill your heart with iman and bless your life!

hey, luckyy you:). i always had this hidden desire of visiting morocco. i feel it's a very calm and heatwarming place.

Wa Alaikome Salam

Inshallah you can be as lucky as I am now. I hope you can have the same experience sister because it has been beautiful for me. The family I am staying with have a huge extended family with lots of Aunts and Uncles so I have been eating VERY good!!!! The couscous is just wonderful and they have fresh bread with cheese and black olives every day. I joked that I will gain 100 pounds before I leave here. I took lots of pictures of the food and the whole family and when I get the cord that fits my camera I will be able to post some. The pictures I saw that someone posted for the masjid in Casa is exactly the same as some of the ones I have but I also have a few that were taken inside the masjid. We were talking to one of the Imams there about me taking my shahada but it wasnt meant to be that day. At least we were able to do our salat right in the room where the Imam calls the adhan. I was told this is a sort of miracle and it apparently is very rare.

Allah is showering me with his blessings on this trip. All praise is due Allah. Ameen. :tti_sister:

Saidsaad

I'm so happy for you to be in casablanca I've not been for over a year now but I stay in touch with family on msn.The Hassan 11 mosque is so BIG! I miss it.
IMG_0207.jpg
[/IMG]

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum my dear sister. sorry i didn't reply to this thread soon enough, but im so happy for you! InshAllahu ta'ala the trip will terrific....We love you dearest sister.
Enjoy your trip there and try to take in the whole trip in mind as well. lol. don't waste one day there....inshaAllah. :):):):):):)