Fajr Vs. Timechange

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam alaikum wa ra!

I have this athan program, which has the correct times for the prayers. And the fajr prayer time changes bothers me. My sleep is messed up, I woke up 0400 this morning, and a month ago I had to pray Fajr at about 05:45. I wonder if I am the only one with messed up sleeping cycle?

Will this ever get better? NOw we're talking about an industrialized country problem here. I've got a pile of University studies, but the only thing I feel like doing is lay around doing nothing.

Is there a way around this? guess not

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum brother,
I think after a day or two the program brings the timing to normal.
what you can also do is go to tools and look up prayer timing, so look at the time before the time change then apply it to the time change e.x. in my place fajr used to be around 5 o clock , the clock were changed to go 1 hour forward so now the program might still say 5 o clock but i pray after 6 o clock =)
hope i made sense
take care
aslam o alikum

pcozzy

Salam alaikum wa ra!

I have this athan program, which has the correct times for the prayers. And the fajr prayer time changes bothers me. My sleep is messed up, I woke up 0400 this morning, and a month ago I had to pray Fajr at about 05:45. I wonder if I am the only one with messed up sleeping cycle?

Will this ever get better? NOw we're talking about an industrialized country problem here. I've got a pile of University studies, but the only thing I feel like doing is lay around doing nothing.

Is there a way around this? guess not

:salam2:

It appears that your time was moved back an hour instead forward an hour on the program or on your computer.

If you where praying at 5:45am fajr a month ago then it would of been 6:45am, when the daylight savings time was applied where we moved the clock up an hour, (time is not fixed so it will move back a minute every day or every other day till we reach the June 25 summer solstice ) . Your prayer schedule program should allow you to adjust time to compensate.

:wasalam:

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
salam alaikum wa ra!

Thank you both.

pcozzy,

If you where praying at 5:45am fajr a month ago then it would of been 6:45am when the savings time was applied where we moved the clock up an hour. 'Your prayer schedule program should allow you to adjust time to compensate.'

Maybe sweden is placed in the wrong place. :) I don't understand the last sentence: do you mean that I can pray between fajr and sunset? If that's what you meant, then, no I try not to because I feel that shows disinterest towards Allah (subhana wa ta a'lah)

pcozzy

salam alaikum wa ra!

Thank you both.

pcozzy,

Maybe sweden is placed in the wrong place. :) I don't understand the last sentence: do you mean that I can pray between fajr and sunset? If that's what you meant, then, no I try not to because I feel that shows disinterest towards Allah (subhana wa ta a'lah)

:salam2:

No sorry, I didn't mean that. Your program should tell you fajr time and sunrise which is called shurooq. That time is according to calculation of the program. But when we move the clock up an hour like here in the USA everything moves up an hour. The problem you may have is with daylight savings time. If in sweden you don't do daylight savings time then there should be no difference unless your athan software is adjusting to daylight saving time, which you need to tell it not to.

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
salam alaikum wa ra!

No sorry, I didn't mean that. Your program should tell you fajr time and sunrise which is called shurooq. That time is according to calculation of the program. But when we move the clock up an hour like here in the USA everything moves up an hour. The problem you may have is with daylight savings time. If in sweden you don't do daylight savings time then there should be no difference unless your athan software is adjusting to daylight saving time, which you need to tell it not to.

unfortunately, Allah (subhana wa ta a'la) tests me and no I don't think we have (daylight savings). It'll get earlier and earlier in about a month: 2.57 pm. This is tough, but inshallah he guides all of us.

sazk

Banned
the fajr time will keep on moving earlier and earlier i.e. from 5:45 to 5:44 to 5:43 to 5:42 to 5:41 and so on. this will continue until the summer solstice (which will be the longest day in the entire year). immediately after the solstice, the fajr time will continue to move later and later e.g. 5:45 to 5:46 to 5:47 to 5:48 and so on. this will continue until the winter solstice (which will be the shortest day in the entire year).

what i do is that i start university studies after fajr until zuhr. this gives me more time because the brain is more active when you wake up earlier.

dont worry about 2:57 am. you can pray fajr until the sunrise. so even if fajr starts at 2:57 am and sunrise is at 7:00 am. that means you can wake up at 6:00 am and still pray.

www.praytime.info