Greetings!

Rhaya

Hello everyone. I should probably start by telling you a bit about myself. I am a thirty year old American non-muslim female. I have been lurking reading this board for sometime now, as I mentioned since I am not of the muslim faith myself I thought it inappropriate to just barge in on you all.

But I decided to join finally when looking at some past threads I saw a few others who, like me, were not muslim but respect the religion and are curious about it, and were accepted, so I thought I'd give it a try as well. :) I hope I am welcome here even being non-muslim. The reasons for my curiosity are many, it is a very long and boring story so I won't go fully into it. But I will say that I am half Saudi Arabian, on my fathers side, my mother is American, and I've never met my father, so studying and reading everything I can about the country, including its religion, has always been very important to me. It gives me a small sense of knowing who he was as a person, since Islam seems to be such a huge part of what makes up ones character, if that makes sense. I have been looking around many places, including Yahoo answers, to find as much information as I can, but the opinions expressed there are always so cynical, I wanted to find somewhere that I could get my information in a positive manner, rather than tinged with prejudice or fear. This place has called to me because everyone here seems very happy, and peace filled, so I hope that I will be welcome here and that I can learn from you all. Thank you for having me here. :)

sazk

Banned
Hi, salaam alaikum (peace be unto you) :).

u're very welcome over here. feel free to look around in the sections about islam. i hope you find a lot of information and learn more about your father's side of life. and yes, islam is integral in everything we do, even eating drinking and sleeping :) so you made a lot of sense back there.

salaam (peace)

salaam alykum

you know i am new here as well but i wanted to welcome you and i guess you have to feel free for looking around wish you all the best

Rashadi

Greetings sister and welcome to the site. I hope you find it helpful and feel free to ask questions if you have any.

gazkour

Welcome Rhaya

I hope everybody was like you: wanting to go to the right source to find the truth about something. That is something to appreciate.

You are very welcome and I pray to Allah for you to find this site very usefull.

We are all here to help as much as we can

Take good care,

Greetings of peace.:muslim_child:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum (peace and blessings be upon you) Sister Rahya,

You are very very very welcomed here.

Please feel free to ask any question. I am sure there are many people here who can answer many of your question. Plus there are many different material which you can search and read yourself.

May Allah help you and guide you on the right path. The path to his good pleasure and Jannah (Paradise). Ameen.

Welcome again sister.

Wassalam.
:wasalam:

Rhaya

Thank you all! I do have a simple question actually, that would probably be best posted here rather than cluttering up another section with a post that only requires a simple answer. :)

I have seen two different spellings ( i.e. Muslim, and Moslim.) around, not only here but other places. Which is the correct spelling, because I would not want to insult anyone with bad grammar. Are they both used correctly? And if so, what is the difference/reason for the different spellings?

Blessings, Rhaya

sazk

Banned
hahaha... muslim/moslem/moslim is an arabic word for "one who submits his/her will to Almighty God". the script is different from the roman script used in english/french/latin. so it really doesn't matter which one you use. its not an english word.

most often its spelled muslim because this spelling comes closest to being phonetically correct.

May the Lord guide us all, Amen

p.s. erm.. sorry if that 'haha' seemed rude, i m in a quite jolly mood right now :)

Rhaya

I did feel it was making fun of me for my ignorance, lol. But that's alright, thank you for the answer. :)

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Hello,

Welcome to the family of TurnToIslam. We all are here for one major reason. That is, "to help and get help in turning to al-Haqq (truth)".

Feel free to start threads, post to existing threads and asking questions also. Your brothers and sisters here will be more than happy to help you always my dear sister in humanity.

Wish you all the best in this Dunya (world) and Aakhirah (next world).

Take good care always,

Your brother in humanity
-IbnAdam-

sazk

Banned
no problem ma'am. if there's one thing we're taught in universities its that no matter how silly a question may seem, we should ask it. some 10 odd people who have the same question also learn something. its all about the learning and understanding.

Ask the Lord to guide you n have a nice day

jamilah rumias

Salam'.

Hello everyone. I should probably start by telling you a bit about myself. I am a thirty year old American non-muslim female. I have been lurking reading this board for sometime now, as I mentioned since I am not of the muslim faith myself I thought it inappropriate to just barge in on you all.

But I decided to join finally when looking at some past threads I saw a few others who, like me, were not muslim but respect the religion and are curious about it, and were accepted, so I thought I'd give it a try as well. :) I hope I am welcome here even being non-muslim. The reasons for my curiosity are many, it is a very long and boring story so I won't go fully into it. But I will say that I am half Saudi Arabian, on my fathers side, my mother is American, and I've never met my father, so studying and reading everything I can about the country, including its religion, has always been very important to me. It gives me a small sense of knowing who he was as a person, since Islam seems to be such a huge part of what makes up ones character, if that makes sense. I have been looking around many places, including Yahoo answers, to find as much information as I can, but the opinions expressed there are always so cynical, I wanted to find somewhere that I could get my information in a positive manner, rather than tinged with prejudice or fear. This place has called to me because everyone here seems very happy, and peace filled, so I hope that I will be welcome here and that I can learn from you all. Thank you for having me here. :)

'May Allah guide you to the right path,and open your heart in Islam.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

DEAR SISTER WELCOME.
You are on a search for something and you might find so much more.i pray so .
it seems you have a underlying feeling of knowing who your father was...and so on
suppose i told u ,u dont hv no father u just came out of nowhere...pls dont mind its just to say.<there are some ppl who want our money who tell us come on theres no god >we all, everybody has an underlying unsaid but very deep need to know who our Creator is ,how He is,where He is and what He wants from us and most importantly will we ever get to meet Him
islam is His answer to our questions.on hearing ur story i am reminded of the prophet peace be on him,whom Allah destined to be an orphan,so that whenever he would call he would call Allah,whenever he would search he would search for Him and Allah destined him tom find Himself at the age of forty.
i pray you find Allah at thirty.we never know how much time we hv.pls stick around.
as muslims we see everyone as a brother,sister descending from adam and made by the same Creator.we are all on a journey it is by helping each other that Allah will make us successful.ameen.
Allah is the personal name of God.its always been it.
remember jesus on the cross.
alahi,alahi why have u forsaken me.
peace on u.

salimkad

Peace Be Upon you Future dweller of Paradise if Allah wills.
May Allah guide you always towards the truth.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Greetings

:SMILY206: to TTI and ISLAM. The best place to study Islam is the muslim websites. turst you won't find anything at the yahoo answers other than hate. And i have seen it in their. So of course we will Welcome you and we hope that you benefit from here. :hearts:

peace