I am a Scholar so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

revix

Assalamu aleikum

I have started a discussion with Mr. Suhaib Webb about some things I don´t agree in his web-site. It´s my personal opinion. I don´t agree with anyone who spread sufi ideas among us.

After some emails that I used to justify my opinion and after requesting him to stop spreading sufi ideas and texts in his web-site I realise something very wierd to me. Muslims in USA don´t have a good future.

I am not here to judge anyone, but in fact I have my doubts if Islam acording with Ahl As-Sunnah wal-Jama‘ah is the principal path difused among them.
Iman Suhaib have got realy upset about my opinions.

He said:

"First question:

"How much Qur'an have you memorized?"

Second Question:

"Outside of the internet, what major scholars have you studied Fiqh with?"

Don't run away, answer and let's continue this discussion."

I could not understand the reason for these questions.
I was not talking about Qur´an or other kind of subject. I was just expressing my point of view, because someone who are studing at Alzhar University to become a "muslim leader" cannot agree with sufi ideas. Nowadays sufism is connected with many wrong ideas and inovations, I think it is not good to a muslims getting envolved with them.

I am not saying the Suhaib Web is a sufi. But I have got surprised with his reaction. He was I little arrogant but I am not so sure, talking with someone by emails is not the same.

I said:

"I can point sufi ideas that are totaly away from the Ahl As-Sunnah wal-Jama‘ah"

He said:

"..., why don't you share with me your educational qualification that allows you to make such a call.?"

If you are not a scholar you have no right to express your opinion.
It was my mistake to try warning him about it, and now I know it.

After read this post everything was made clear to me:

abulhaarith.wordpress.com/2008/08/20/the-position-of-ahlus-sunnah-towards-the-soofees/

And after reading this post the thing have gotten more clear yet:
abulhaarith.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/o-ahlus-sunnah-why-do-you-waste-your-time-debating/

I hope he will not become like hamza yusuf who is for me a sufi and a dangerous one. Take a look at one book recomended by him:

sheikhhamza.com/v1_reco.asp?mode=&reco_id=144

I would like to hope from suhaib webb, but Allah (SubhanaWaTaallah) knows better.

Salam

BigAk

I know nothing about sufism.... So excuse my ignorance.. Would you please give me a high level view of what they believe??? If it's too much to cover in this thread, don't worry about it... I am a follower of the Quran and Sunnah insha Allah...

Thank you.

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam alikom

I will tell you what to do, Send the links to Islam Q A web site. and ask them if these are from Sufi teaching, once they reply send it to him and tell hiim its from scholars !

Salaam alikom

daywalker

:salam2: i didn´t understand what is the main point of the thread? and reply to his question, it will be easier for sh.shuaib to talk with u at that level.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam alekum
I didnt understand ,are you calling yourself a scholar ? or calling him a scholar ?
Anyway as brother Mrmuslim mentioned send a question to www.islamqa.com inshaAllah they can help you ..

waaleikum salam

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam alaikum wa rahmatullah!

I think calling oneself a scholar is boasting, if you don't add your background with islam, such as your eduction. I think this is fair to know if you claim to be a scholar. This is important to me, if not to others.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaikum asalaam,

First of all, Shuaib Webb is not a scholar, he is a student of knowledge.

Secondly, people should be weary about using the title 'scholar' or 'shaykh' too lightly. There is a beautiful and heart touching story about our shaykh ibn Baz, when a pilgrim during hajj came across him at Mina.
The pilgrim approached him and said "Are you Shaykh Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz?"
Our Shaykh replied "Yes, I am Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz..."

Allahu akbar.. If you didn't undrstand it, read it again.. This was the humilty of the man, may Allah grant him Jannah al-Firdous, ameen.

masihuddin

Assalam u alaikum
What Sufi ideas bother you?Have you heard about the Companions of the Prophet S.A.S who used to sit on the platform near the Prophets house ?If not please learn about them before passing judgement on Sufism Iam greatly impressed by the lectures of Imam Hamza Yousuf who in search of knowledge has travelled far and wide

Qur'an&Sunnah

Traveler
:salam2:

I see the story that you are giving us about Suhaib Webb, he gave the khutbah one time at my Masjid, so I've heard him before. But on what you said I will not comment, and I will remind my sisters and brothers in Islam not to comment as well, but just say Allahu Alam. Why? I don't want to cause fitnah by not commenting or telling everyone not to comment, BUT I am trying to advise everyone that we cannot make or pass a judgment without hearing BOTH sides of the story, this is how Allah (SWT) made a trial for Da'wud (AS) [when the two guys came to him and one said my brother has 99 ewes and he wants to seize my ONE ewe, then before hearing the other guy story Da'wud (as) made a judgment between them, and the lesson was was that Da'wud (AS) should have heard both sides of the story] therefore we must follow that example, because Allah gave us that story in the Qur'an and we should follow that message and the sign.

I am not saying Suhaib Webb is right or wrong, nor am I saying you are right or wrong, but what I am saying is that I cannot judge until I hear both sides of the story, and inshaAllah before you make a thread like this think about covering the faults of your Muslim brother because this thread can cause fitnah between us because some of us (and I'm speaking generally) likes Suhaib Webb and some differ in opinion so I'm advising to do otherwise inshaAllah. This post that I wrote was not to bash ANYONE, Wallahi, I wouldn't have wrote it if it was, it is just to advise each and everyone to truth, and advise each and everyone to patience, and by Allah if I didn't do that then please Allah forgive me, but if I did then please Allah reward me and everyone Muslim, Ameen.

Please forgive me if I hurt anyone I was only speaking in general not to a specific person. I'm only giving advice.

revix

Continuing

I was telling that he claim to be a scholar.
I will send the question to Islam QA.

I am not here to tell that all sufis are not upon the sunnah. But most of them are not. We all know that true, does not matter how people get upset with this fact. I have the simple opinion, if we must call ourselves as muslims before anything. So I do not agree with the idea of SUFI BROTHER...SUFI SHEIK...

For the ones like masihuddin, I say that I cannot understand how someone whos is kwowed as "Bush's pet Muslim" (see: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamza_Yusuf) can be a muslim scholar who defend islam in USA. Of course not everything in wikipedia is true, so I ask someone to tell me if it is.

I have got surprise with this post about him:

islam.worldofislam.info/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=204:hamza-yusuf-exposed&catid=92&Itemid=63

Think about it masihuddin.

Salaam

Ton

revix

First of all. I am not here to spread fitnah(people love say this to allow bidah among us) This something commom that is realy spreaded in our days.
Second one I want continue to express my opinios about suhaib, he is not a scholar as said before. I don´t know if he will stop or not defending sufis, since the begining I was expressing my concerns about that fact that muslims in USA are not reciving good orientation by the fact that in my way to see the things is not good for a muslim defend what is not Ahl As-Sunnah wal-Jama‘ah.

He said to me once:

"In Islam those who are not qualified should be quiet. The Hanafis would be a person who spoke without knowledge. It is considered a major sin to speak without knowledge as Allah says, "Indeed Allah has forbidden.......that you say about Allah what you don't know."

So I thing the best thing to do is accept it. Later people will say I am here to guide muslims to a "wars" against someone. No! I was just expressing my self.:astag:

Allah knows better.

daywalker

Second one I want continue to express my opinios about suhaib, he is not a scholar as said before.

"In Islam those who are not qualified should be quiet.

Later people will say I am here to guide muslims to a "wars" against someone. No! I was just expressing my self.:astag:

Allah knows better.
:salam2: AKhi what a person should have to get the title " scholar" according to your opinion? what is the criteria?

And what he said actuelly is true, who aren´t qualified they should remain silent, and that was the reason actuelly he first asked where did you studied islam outside of internet forum and so on.

Instead making him your background clear, you are just pasting what he said!

revix

Assalamu Aleikum daywalker

Will you also request my graduations?
Would you like to know more about me? I think it is not important.
I think you should consider the fact that we are nothing here.

Yusuf1990 put a very good text on this post:

There is a beautiful and heart touching story about our shaykh ibn Baz, when a pilgrim during hajj came across him at Mina.
The pilgrim approached him and said "Are you Shaykh Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz?"
Our Shaykh replied "Yes, I am Abdul-Aziz ibn Baz..."

I am a muslim who loves the path of Islam and Ahl As-Sunnah wal-Jama‘ah.

I won´t make my background clear to anyone and I am not asking any one to show me yours.

I ask you what do you thing about the future of muslims in USA?

Do you think that the call of unity is realy valid? We must accept our differences to create a moderate Islam? When I differences refering to muslims who do not are following the path os Islam of corret way: sufis, deobandis...

Salaam

daywalker

Assalamu Aleikum daywalker

Will you also request my graduations?
Would you like to know more about me? I think it is not important.
I think you should consider the fact that we are nothing here.

I won´t make my background clear to anyone and I am not asking any one to show me yours.
:wasalam: relax brother, why suddenly in attacking mood? i didn´t want to know your certificate or background. you were having discussin with sh.shuaib, and thats why i told it would be better to know for him your backlground, as he will deal with you at that way. as you know discussing with laymen and discussing with scholars isn´t same. and i dont know how do you pick me in your discussion, cause i said nothing about your opinion and also not eagerly want to discuss with you. i am nothing worthy to discuss any topic.
I ask you what do you thing about the future of muslims in USA?

Do you think that the call of unity is realy valid? We must accept our differences to create a moderate Islam? When I differences refering to muslims who do not are following the path os Islam of corret way: sufis, deobandis...

Salaam
Having different opinion doesnt throw them out of the fold of Islam, and for stablishing khalifah all kind of muslim should be under flag of Islam.

I just quote you this:

Yunus as-Sadafi’ said:

I have never seen a wiser man than ash-Shafi`ee, I was arguing with him one day about an issue and I left him.

One day, he met me, held my hand and said:

Cannot we be brothers, even if we disagree about something?’

revix

Sorry brother. Was not my intention argue with you of any way.
Having different opinion is quite different about what I had in mind.
Muslim that have different opinios in issues that are not very clear.

But how about muslim who are envolved with Bida´h so on.

Take a look at this post.

turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19896&highlight=sufism

BigAk

What is the percentage of Sufi's in Islam?? I hope not much; cause I just read what they believe and they are disgrace to our beautiful religion. :astag:

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
salam aleikum
I dont find any point of this discussion .Please brother refer your question to Islamqa.com
Thats my only suggestion ..
We are not in the position to Judge people ..And be careful about what you reading from internet and then making your own conclusions about people ..

waaleikum salam

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, people should learn from the ahlul ilm, who represent the real teachings of Islaam, which are based upon the Qur'aan and the Sunnah, with the understanding of the early generation of Muslims.

All our Islaam is based upon that, from A-Z - Our Aqeedah , and so forth.

The good scholars of our times were Shaykh Muhammad Nasir ud-DEen al-Albani( rahimahullah), Shaykh Abdul Aziz ibn Baz (rahimahullah) , Shaykh Ibn Uthaimeen (rahimahullah), Shaykh Badi udeen Shah Sindhi (rahimahullah), Shaykh Muqbil bin Hadi al Wadi'i (rahimahullah)..

Shaykh Abdul Muhsin al Abaad, Shaykh Abdul Aziz Aal Shaykh ...

and those of their students..

Upholding the true teachings of Islaam , away from the shirk and bidah.

Status
Not open for further replies.