HIJAB HELP REQUIRED URGENTLY

HappyMuslimah

Exams:Duas please!
:salam2:

THE FACTS: I am a non-hijabi who has been considering doing hijab for 2 years, but I'm unable to come to a decision. I wear Western dress (jeans, tops), often with half sleeves in summer. If I do wear the hijab, I want it to be for the right reasons and in the right way - none of this taking it off on Eid or birthday parties etc. I would also cover up my arms completely and wear loose clothing. If I do it, it would be a lifetimes commitment and a massive change...

THE QUESTION: Am I ready to do hijab? How do I know if I am ready? Shall I just try it and hope for the cest? What if I chanfe my mind and end up taking it off? Will I be a bad representative of Islam?

THE DECISION: please decide for me. I am a bag of nerves. Just need some guidance.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

Sister, you know you need to make that decision, we can't make it for you. But since it is obligatory to cover up, you should do it. Taking it off does give a bad representation of Islaam if you ask me. But instead of deterring you from your process of wearing the hijaab, it should act as a warning and reminder, not to take it off when you do. Or in other words, there's no turning back.

May Allaah aid you and assit you... Important I know, but my advise, just do it for the sake of Allaah, and you'll find Him at your aid inshaa' Allaah.

Was-salaam

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Alaicomu Salam dear sister

Dear sister you should make a prayer asking Allah to make decision to wear hijab Inshallah,and if you pray from heart for sure Allah will help you to start wearing hijab and on the right way.You should put your trust in Allah subhan we teala and start wearing hijab because Allah will help you sister does not metter if it is duiffuclt for you becuase of the society in which you are living.

SubhanAllah sister,in hijab is every blessing and happiness.Not that you will only protect your selfe but you will also make a pleased Allah on this world and hereafter Inshallah.
And it is also obligation that you cover up your selfe with hijab.

I willl keep you in my duas

May Allah bless you and guide you

:wasalam:

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
:salam2: Sis HappyMuslimah, Nice to see you back..:)
'Am I ready to wear it?'

Dear sis ..thats the same as 'Am I ready to become one step closer to Jannah?' Now I've translated it you can answer it yourself.

'How do I know I am ready'
You know you're ready simply because the thought entered your head. That is hidaayah from Allaah in itself, because some people don't even contemplate or consider doing it. (The only reason anyone actually does do it is because of Allaah's guidance)

Decide for you? ..nope, thats your job, (Jannah is expensive and sometimes we have to make hard decisions like this)

May Allaah strengthen you, Ameen.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

I wish I had more time to write a better response, but I would suggest to read and listen to as much Qur'aan as possible and reflect upon that.

Here is nice video

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52714

Think about the Akhirah and do everything to please Allaah subhana wa ta'alaa. Why do any of us need to conform to what society, to what our friends, peers, family want from us. Instead we should do what Allaah the most high wants and to please Him alone.

If we do our best for Him, then of course we will be successful, both in this life and in teh Next, and the life that matters, is that of the next !! This one will pass us by so fast, it is but a test. Reflect upon the teachings of the Qur'aan and Sunnah, we need to do our best to emulate the Prophet Muhammad :)saw:) and his Companions, and the early generation of Muslims. THis is the true way forward, as it is what Allaah, our Creator wants.

SO, please the Creator, and not the Created. Allaah will never forget any good or bad deed that we do, we will be held to account on the day of judgement for all our actions.

assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullah

shichemlydia

help

salam alikoum sister,
soory to hear that you do not wear hijab, i am not going to be honest if i do not tell you the truth, the hijab is not an option, it is something mentioned in the quran, and the scholars of the nation has no doubt about it.
hijab is your protection, believe me, i am a man , and i can tell you how men look at women. for me the hijab is the sign of rspect to women,
a woman without hijab is like food for men, do you accept to certainly know that the people in the streets are seeing you as food?
i hope my words are not hard, but i want advice no more ...
wa salam alikoum

hana*

a few points

firstly: the imam last week in khutbah said that the angel of death visits each of our homes 5 times a day. when he takes the soul of the dying person and those aroung him are crying the angel of death says if you really knew what death was like (its horrors) you would forget the person who has just died and you would start crying for yourself. so how can you guarantee that you will wake up tomorrow? what if the angel of death comes now? death is so quick and comes at the least expected time. it does not differentiate between the rich, poor, young or old. please do not hesitate with hijaab.

secondly: every time a woman walks out the house without hijaab, think of all the sins she is accumulating. men see her on the bus, in the lecture hall, at work, it the supermarket etc just think in one day how much sin she is accumulating by not fulfilling the command of Allah. now count the ammount of good deeds she did for that day? which will outweigh??

by not wearing hijab, one is encouraging other women/girls to do likewise and further accumulating sin.

my wish to you is that you wear it without hesitation and continually ask Allah for guidance, He is ever listening to you. if you take one step towards him, he comes running towards you. also you have all of us here on tti who will continually support you.

finally: asma (RA) was 13 when she came to see the prophet, and he (PBUH) turned his face away from her as she was not wearing the hijab. we must ask ourself, do we want the prophet (PBUH) to turn his face away from us on the day of judgement?

Allah strengthen you and give you the ability to wear hijab.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
:salam2: Sis HappyMuslimah, Nice to see you back..:)

Dear sis ..thats the same as 'Am I ready to become one step closer to Jannah?' Now I've translated it you can answer it yourself.

You know you're ready simply because the thought entered your head. That is hidaayah from Allaah in itself, because some people don't even contemplate or consider doing it. (The only reason anyone actually does do it is because of Allaah's guidance)

Decide for you? ..nope, thats your job, (Jannah is expensive and sometimes we have to make hard decisions like this)

May Allaah strengthen you, Ameen.
I totally agree with Al-fajr! plus sister Believe me you will come to LOVE Hijab once you start wearing it! Just do it for Allah's sake and you will know how good it feels to walk down the street knowing that Allah subhanahu Wata'ala is pleased with you...Imagine your steps solely for the ONE who has created you from a drop of sperm. Sister our Hijab is beautiful, it gives us honour and respect. would you rather want men to judge for your apperance or would you rather want them to judge you for your inteligence, kindness and for who you REALLY ARE???
:tti_sister: May Allah make it easy on you! Remember to pray for Allah and ask Him to help you with this decision.:hearts:

saihoca

THE FACTS: I am a non-hijabi who has been considering doing hijab for 2 years, but I'm unable to come to a decision. I wear Western dress (jeans, tops), often with half sleeves in summer. If I do wear the hijab, I want it to be for the right reasons and in the right way - none of this taking it off on Eid or birthday parties etc. I would also cover up my arms completely and wear loose clothing. If I do it, it would be a lifetimes commitment and a massive change...

THE QUESTION: Am I ready to do hijab? How do I know if I am ready? Shall I just try it and hope for the cest? What if I chanfe my mind and end up taking it off? Will I be a bad representative of Islam?

THE DECISION: please decide for me. I am a bag of nerves. Just need some guidance.

Here is an article that I think gives you the answer you are looking for your question.

FIRST INSTANCE OF WISDOM
To veil themselves is natural for women and their innate dispositions demand it. For women are weak and delicate, and since they are in need of a man’s protection and help for themselves and for their children whom they love more than their own lives, they have a natural desire to make themselves loved and not loathed, and not to be rebuffed.
Also, seven out of ten women are either old or ugly, and they do not want to show their age and ugliness to everyone. Or they are jealous, and they do not want to appear ugly in relation to others who are more beautiful. Or they are frightened of assault or aspersions, and want by nature to cover themselves so as not to suffer assault, nor to be accused of unfaithfulness in the eyes of their husbands. If noted carefully, those who hide themselves most are the elderly. And out of ten women, only two or three may be found who are both young and beautiful and are not discomforted at displaying themselves.
It is clear that people are discomforted by the looks of those they do not like or find tedious; they are upset by them. If a beautiful immodestly dressed woman takes pleasure at two or three out of ten men who are canonically strangers looking at her, she is bored by the seven or eight. Also, since a woman whose morals are not corrupted is sensitive and easily affected, she will certainly be distressed at dirty looks whose effects have been physically experienced, indeed, are poisonous. We even hear that in Europe, the place of open dress, many women are fed up at being the object of attention, and complain to the police, saying: “These brutes keep staring at us and disturbing us.” This means that present-day civilization’s unveiling women is contrary to their natures. And together with being in accordance with their natures, the Qur’an’s command to veil themselves, saves women—those mines of compassion who may be worthy companions for all eternity—from degeneration, abasement, what is in effect slavery, and wretchedness.
Furthermore, by nature women are fearful of men who are strangers, and anxious at them. Fear naturally demands the veiling of women. For in addition to suffering the difficulty of bearing the load of a child for eight or nine months, which certainly embitters the eight or nine minutes’ pleasure, there is also the possibility of suffering the calamity of bringing up a child for eight or nine years without protector. And since this happens frequently, by creation they truly fear strange men and by nature want to hide themselves from them. Being weak, their creation demands that through veiling themselves they do not excite the appetites of men outside the stipulated degrees of kinship, nor allow any opportunity for assault; their weak creation gives powerful warning. It shows that their cloaks and coats are shields and fortresses. The fact that, according to news received, the bare-legged wife of a high-ranking man in the world was accosted in the country’s capital, in the market-place in daylight in front of everyone by a common shoe-shiner, deals a slap in the shameless faces of those opposed to the veiling of women!
SECOND INSTANCE OF WISDOM
The authentic and extremely intense relationship, love, and affection between men and women does not arise only from the needs of worldly life. Yes, a woman is not only a companion to her husband in this worldly life, she is his companion also in eternal life. Since she is her husband’s companion in eternal life, she surely should not attract the looks of others besides her husband, her everlasting friend and companion, and should not offend him and make him jealous. As a consequence of the mystery of belief, her believing husband’s relations with her are not confined to this worldly life and his love is not only animal and temporary, during the time of her beauty; he holds true, earnest love and respect for her in regard to her being his companion in eternal life. And he bears that love and respect for her, not only during her youth when she is beautiful, but also when she is old and ugly. Certainly in return for this, she should show her beauties to him alone and restrict her love to him; this is demanded by humanity. Otherwise she would gain very little and lose much.
According to the Shari’a, the husband should be a good match for the wife. That is, they should be suitable to one another. The most important aspect of this being suitable is from the point of view of religion.
Happy the husband who sees the wife’s firm religion and follows her, and himself becomes pious in order not to lose his companion of eternal life.
Happy the wife who sees her husband’s firmness in religion and becomes pious so as not to lose her eternal friend.
Alas for the man who becomes dissolute, which will lose him for ever that righteous woman.
Alas for the woman who does not follow her pious husband and loses her eternal blessed friend.
And a thousand woes on the unhappy husband and wife who imitate each other in sin and vice, helping one another to enter Hell-fire!
THIRD INSTANCE OF WISDOM
Happy family life is perpetuated through mutual confidence between husband and wife, and heartfelt respect and love. Immodest dress and free-and-easy behaviour destroy the confidence, and spoil the mutual respect and love. For out of ten women who favour immodest dress only one will not try to make herself liked by strangers because she does not find other men more attractive than her husband. Nine out of ten will find others better than their husbands. And only one out of twenty men will not find other women more attractive. Then besides the true love and mutual respect disappearing, it may arouse extremely ugly and base feelings, as follows:
By nature, men do not feel any lust towards those within the stipulated degrees of kinship like their sisters, because, since such relatives’ faces induce kindness and licit love due to their close kinship, it nullifies any sexual or lusty inclinations. But to leave uncovered parts of the body which according to the Shari’a it is not permissible to expose to close relatives like the legs, may give rise to the awakening of extremely ugly feelings in men of low character. Because the face of a close relative reminds the man of that close kinship and does not resemble the face of someone outside the degrees of kinship, but a bare leg is the same as that of canonical strangers. Since the leg does bear any distinguishing mark to recall the close kinship of its owner, it is possibile it will arouse carnal feelings in the man. And to look on things such as that is a degenerateness that makes one’s hair stand on end.

The Flashes Collection by badiuzzaman saeed noorsi

pcozzy

If you need to read more about this, this is the best site I have seen designed to inform the people about Islam and women.

http://www.islamswomen.com/
It's amazing what muslim programmers can do nowadays(see the page).

I hope I don't sound like an ad but I found out the more you learn and understand the more you will hold firm to it because you know.

Ask Allah for guidance and guidance for all muslims, I will.

ummi h

assalamu alekum sister,

you're saying you dont know if you are ready to start wearing the hijab...first of all sister where shaytan is involved there will never be a time when you feel ready untill when its too late sister...so please sister do it asap and try to start wearing respectable clothing even if its burning hot outside 'for that the hellfire is hotter'..

sister you dont need to feel that you have to be in a state of being in high imaan or very knowledgable or something to cover yourself. sister also please remember that you will be judged and questioned by allah in the day of judgement and then what will you say?..

i was in a similar situation when i was 16 years old. i was wearing the hijab but id have it wrapped around my head like a big bun, trousers, small tshirts but thats when i was a jahil, had bad freinds and didnt think twice of Allah astaqfurrullah and never had good freinds to remind me..

allhamdulilah a year later i changed freinds, learn a bit more about islam, the purpose of life, repenting and seeking forgivness and more... from that year in 2007 iv started to be more obediant to Allah and our beloved's prophet's sunnah.im 25 now and i would feel literally naked if i take of my hijab off..

may the Allmighty Allah guide you and all of us to the rightous path inshallah amiin..wasalam

user expired!

:salam2:,

I didn't want to bombard you with Ayahs from the Qur'an and hadith about hijab as i am sure that you have read about the subject in detail, however i would like to say that it seems to me like you know the purpose of Hijab and it's importance in Islam otherwise you wouldn't be asking for help,

so with that in mind i just want you to think about this Hadith,

If the servant draws near to Me a hand span, I draw near to him an arm’s length; and if he draws near to Me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I come to him running. Narrated by Al-Bukhari.

and All Praise is to Allaah!

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Salam Alekum
Sister pray and ask Allah to make decision on wearing hijab Inshallah... Also InshAllah start wearing respectable clothes then start wearing ur hijab.. Dont think any negative things cuz thats what the shaytan like. Dnt let him take over u. Fear Allah not the shaytan sister.. Ask Allah to help u with it and make ur eman stronger and bring u closer to Allah.. :)

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

Dear sister you don't know what you're missing!:muslim_child:

May Allah guide us all.

Amina 1

I was like you It took a long time finally I just did it. It was hard at first but I feel so much better now that I have done it . It changes your perspective and reminds you to do better because you are a true representative of this most perfect religion so it reminds you to set a good example. Once you get used to it ,you forget that it is there. It also makes you feel closer to Allah. :hearts:

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

As a convert to Islam, it took me nearly 5 years to commit to wearing the headscarf. I WILL say that during the 5 years, I gradually became more "hijab" in my dressing. First, stopped wearing shorts and tank-tops (not that I did much anyway because I am fat and it is not a good look anyway!LOL!). Then for a while, I made sure to wear nothing that was low cut and capri pants or longer and short sleeve or longer shirts. I also made sure to start wearing clothing looser. Then I went to long pants or skirts only, and only shirts that were elbow-length or longer. Finally, I took the step and put on the headscarf and committed to always long sleeves, always long pants or skirts, and of course, nothing completely fitted. Do I think "my" hijab is perfect yet? No, but I am working on it.

What I am saying is, as a Muslim you DO need to dress hijab, but if you are not doing it for yourself as well as for Allah, then you will not be happy and will be more likely to stop. It took me 5 years of gradually getting closer (with the intention in my heart) before I did it.

I will honestly admit there are many days that I want to just rip the scarf off my head (I overheat frequently - I have a lower than normal body temperature - and it is constantly sliding around, or getting caught in the seat belt or my ID badge or tightening around my neck at work or it gets hung up when I pick up my friends' babies and kids or I look like an old Russian widow), but I don't. Other sisters say how much they love wearing headscarves and that is their opinion; I will not say that I LOVE wearing headscarves,because I don't; I generally don't mind wearing it, but I do it now for Allah. As for the long pants and sleeves, I actually like these, not only for Allah, but for the fact that I sunburn so easily - I haven't gotten sunburned legs since I started dressing hijab! LOL! See? With the extreme rates of skin cancer, Allah had another good reason for us to cover ourselves!

Anyway, I have babbled enough. And before anyone berates me for saying I don't LOVE wearing headscarves, just let me say, it is not your business.

Safiyah_

You are ready when you can wear the hijab and be proud of it. If you feel insecure then maybe u should wait. But don't wait to long because God wants u to make a decission.
Follow ur heart. If ur heart is with Islam then wear it.

x