Would you Marry a...

Would you Marry a muslim convert/revert?? BE HONEST!!

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 235 83.6%
  • No way

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 13.2%

• Total voters

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
salamzz

actually, i prefer marrying someone from my backround...no offence to anyone, i just think it'll be easy to get along with. sooo.....im unsure :)

True say, i can agree to some extent but its nice to get to know new people, i think.
Of course no one will take offense, dont worry, i got your back! :)

Take care,
Love you for the sake of Allah.

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
salam sister palestine i have read your thread and felt sympthy for you,, i cant change your mind about marriages ,, but as your brother in islam its my duty to give you good advice and be your well wisher,, only an alim or a knowledble islamic person can give you perfect advice which i am not but still reading your views make mme sad and i feel for you,,
all i would say is every1 has problems and issues within themselves but it doesnt mean tht they cant be a good life partner or parent sometime in life you find some1 special who can change your life completely and gives a 360degree turn in one's life and as far as kids goes once you become parent there is a whole new and lovely expereince ( i m not a parent just wht i beleive and imagine:)) ALLAH puts love and kindness in a parent's heart for their kids ,, sister all you have to do is pray and make dua for tht special 1 and you will see how ALLAH make things easy for you (i myself hoping the same for myself so you r not alone:):))

Whoa!! Thats some good stuff brother,
Cool advice :)

Take care

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
i voted of coarse, but i'm a little scared that the person might actually want to convert back and leave me to think..."so now what?" lol. But if they are serious about the religion then i guess its okay w/ me.

May Allah save us from that! Aameen
JazakAllah for replying though.

Good thought! :D

runayrus

Yearning Slave
:salam2:

Thank you sister for this poll. I wouldnt mind marrying a revert. In fact I will be very happy =)

:wasalam:

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*

Taqwa differs people. If the revert has all characteristics that good islamic match should have, than what’s wrong? The misconception around is some people take revert as they are learning and themselves as learned ! a wrong base and approach. rather It is seen that many revert muslims who adhered sunnah strictly and knowledgeble of deen.

Revert is not the condition that is to be seen when looking for a match. So InshaAllah people should marry those whose deen ascertain them.

:wasalam:

InshaAllah, make duaa brother,

Take care

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Has nothing to do with racism......

Brother 'Alhamdulillah' and 'shaheerpak',

:SMILY209::SMILY209::SMILY209:
now now! No hard- core arguing on my thread please!! :)

If you are not trying to be so harsh, then i suggest you use smilies. :) :)
:hijabi:

We cant see each other so its important to express yourself as much as you can with the help of these SMILIES!! :hearts:

I hope you can understand, inshaAllah.
No offense to you guyz, because this goes for all of us. :)

Take care

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Salamz. Personally I love revert brothers and sisters. For me they are the best muslims. Thats why when I have kids of my own I will want them to marry ONLY reverts. I would myself, but unfortunatley I come from a very very backward community that have a massive influence on my family and i'm sure it is exactly the same case with everyone who is 'first generation' living in this country - basically those who have parents from pakistan/bangladesh/india. Children who have parents from these ends on most occasions will have backward aka tradional parents. But my advice to people in this type of situation would be, not to cause controversy over this type of issue. If the parents are prepared to cause a massive fight and row over the son/ daughter marrying a revert, then my personal advice would be to marry someone of your own nationallity - because its not a 'fard' on you to marry a revert and its not as if you will not be able to find what your looking for from your own ethnicity!In my case I asked my mum why she would not accept me marrying a revert after throwing hadith after hadith at her and verses from the quran. She new she could not escape from what I said because I backed it up with authentic sources (quran/sunnah) but she came out with quite a clever answer. She asked whether a revert girl could adapt to our type of households and would they be comfortable living with the in laws and in my case my younger brothers who are still in studies?Would she feel comfortable not being able to communicate with everyone in the family and extended family because they may be speaking bengali/hindi/urdu? I think these are valid points but again I think it can be overcomable. These types of arguments can tell anyone that parents who bring up these types of points want to say a blank 'NO' to their kids but cannot because they realise that they need to stay politically correct - well, those parents that decide to actually sit and discuss things with their kids (most traditional parents DO NOT TALK TO THIER KIDS, KIDS JUST HAVE TO ACCEPT unfortunately).

Some good points brother, MashaAllah. :)
Especially the beginning the generation thing.

JazakAllah for posting your opinions.

alhamdullilah

Stranger
I thought we were just having an honest discussion, and i didn't want to put a smiley there because i wasn't smiling or in a smiling mood for that matter.
But if i have offended anyone including brother shaheer, i apologize.
And brother shaheer i hope you didnt take my comments as anything else besides a semi-spirited discussion between brothers. :)

:jazaak: for reminding me that i could be offending sis

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I thought we were just having an honest discussion, and i didn't want to put a smiley there because i wasn't smiling or in a smiling mood for that matter.
But if i have offended anyone including brother shaheer, i apologize.
And brother shaheer i hope you didnt take my comments as anything else besides a semi-spirited discussion between brothers. :)

:jazaak: for reminding me that i could be offending sis

Aaw thats okay brother, even i could be offensive.
So sorry if i offended you or anyone else, please forgive me :)

amna_muslimaa

TRUELY MUSLIMAA
Yeah, that would be so good because whenever i will look at him i wil feel so proud , look my H------ is so pure.Lol...!!!! hehe thats so funny...but still thats what a women needs....
walaikumsalam

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
JazakAllah khair for your replies, i never expected soooo much response!
Alhamdulillah,

You all put a smile on my face :)
May Allah reward you for that, and fulfill all your wishes and dreams. Aameen

Take care
I love you all for the sake of Allah.

Even if you didnt comment and just viewed the thread it means a lot to me.
You still showed interest,

JazakAllah once again.

Muslim-life

Always Alhamdulilah
I Would marry a muslim even if it is a revert-

The prophet muhammad said: " man tarthawna dinahu, wa khuluqahu fa zawijuhu" (can anyone translate to english cos i can't, it would not be the best translation-

But that means the most important is his Religion and his way he is-

But as metioned before it is not the same parents say-:/
I was to a marriage for a week ago of an Iraqish girl and a Danish revert:D:D

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
I Would marry a muslim even if it is a revert-

The prophet muhammad said: " man tarthawna dinahu, wa khuluqahu fa zawijuhu" (can anyone translate to english cos i can't, it would not be the best translation-

But that means the most important is his Religion and his way he is-

But as metioned before it is not the same parents say-:/
I was to a marriage for a week ago of an Iraqish girl and a Danish revert:D:D

So you were going to get married? Is that what your saying?
sorry, i cant undertsand what you have written.