Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I am still learning

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I tried and failed

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
I cook, sometimes. Though I don't like washing and cleaning raw meat :( :( Any suggestions? I just can't touch it because its all slimy sort of.

fada_all

salam alikom

first of all thanks so much sister for this nice and most interesting thread specially for girls or future wives insha allah..conserning me i can cook alhamdolillah as iam a morroccan girl , i can cook couscous, tagine either with fish or meat or chicken. or roasted chicken .and i can prepare a lot of kinds of kicks alhamdolillah , pizza..but im still interesting in learning other countries food ..but sister hijab al3efah , i like so much egypian food im interested in learning it...lool..

salam alikom

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:

Yes, alhamdulillah i can cook.
I am the don of indian cooking!!

Just kidding, but yeah i can cook most traditional indian foods.
My mums a great teacher, i must say.
All credit goes to her. :)

Nice thread mashaAllah, you are very creative also. :)

Take care
lots of love

tj0050

salam

i love to cook i am thinking about oping a place for my own cook food for people move to the big city learned to cook from my mom and my grandma so

islamisthesolution

this is a dish from the egyptian kitchen for those who asked.

well here is a simple dish from the Egyptian food in order to be easy for you to do its the Egypyian rice
the ingredient
1- 2 cups of egyptian rice
2- 2 cups of water or chicken soup
3- sheria i am not sure of the meaning of this word in english
4-4 spoons of oil and you are free to choose any kind of oil
5- and salt of course

how to do it
1- put the oil in the cooking pot and leave it until it becomes really hot
2- then you put sheriaa in it and keep overturning it until it becomes light brown .
3- then you put the rice on sheriaa and mix them together .
4- then put the water and add the salt the amount you want and leave it until it poils and then low the heat of the fire and leave it for half an hour and then its ready to be eaten .

hope you like it inshAllah .

but if you want to know more about egyptian food you need to search on the internet as we use her kitchen terms that it really hard for me to find the translation of these terms .

and thank you dear sisters for your nice words .

Mother Muslimah

Great stuff!!

i love to cook i am thinking about oping a place for my own cook food for people move to the big city learned to cook from my mom and my grandma so

Asalaam'Alaykum, brother;
If you know how to cook and enjoy it, come to East Ham, London, England, and teach me will ya?? Insh'Allah, that you could. I so need to be taught. I was a daddy's gurl, and so I was taught how to deal with cars, and all that, instead of inside duties, like cooking. I know how to clean, and do laundry, but cooking wasn't introduced, loool.. I know how to bake, looool... yumm cookies...:D!!:tti_sister: make duah, thats I can get better.

Thanks

islamisthesolution

She`reyya (or Sha`eeriyya) is vermicelli, thin strands of pasta. It enhances the taste of rice tremendously. :SMILY129:

You may want to repost this in the Five Star Kitchen section too.

Jazaaki Allaahu Khayran for the recipe. It's how I learned it from mom too, may God bless her soul.

jazaka Allahu khyran brother for the meaning and thanks for the link .

and btw guys i forgot to tell you how much vermicelli you need well for me i love it to be alot in the rice as brother Ayman said it gives a wonderful taste to the rice but for you i will say more than a half of cup is going to be good .

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam,

I can cook but I am the kind who would throw any ingredients I can find in the fridge into my cooking. Like once I made cheese pasta and then added in garlic baby octopus inside. Or fish in vegetable soup. Or ... you get the idea, I cook rubbish lol.

I love cooking but I wish there's someone to clean up after me. Hehe.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. lol. im embarrassed to say that i do not cook. i know how to cook few things and i really do love to cook...but i can't seem to bring myself to cook. lol. asalamu alaykum wrwb, i voted no.

AlQurtubi

Banned
seems that sisters here dont know how to cook. That is why, women cook men's brain after marriage.. lol.

I hope u remember that proverb which says that way to man's heart goes through stomach. Sister shyhijabi might prove it wrong medically :D

Me and cooking are mutually exclusive. I dont even know how to boil an egg. I have Just learned how to make tea using tea bag, at work. I only go into kitchen to put the plates and stuff after eating.

islamisthesolution

thank you dear sisters and brothers for replying

brother Al Qurtubi what a proverb you wrote there ? that means you believe in it . :lol:
and i see that however there are sisters who cant cook well here but eventually they are better than brothers and for those who cant for now i know inshAllah that thay will do their best to learn to get to their husbands hearts :lol:

AlQurtubi

Banned
lol.. just keep ur hhusband hungry for a day and u will see the consequences.

Yes, sisters are always a better cook than brothers and those who dont know how to boil an egg might remain like that in future..lol

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Oh cmon brothers! Don't give that excuse that you cannot cook! You haven't try yet that's why.. the best chefs in the world are men, not women. So it all depends on you :)

AlQurtubi

Banned
You might be right sister that best chefs are males but they are only chefs then. That is, its their profession. They spend their whole day in kitchen.

Try asking some one to cook chicken karahi, after he comes back from work and you will see what he "cooks" :)

islamisthesolution

question ?

i know about the best chefs are male but i know also that they arent in their houses and they dont cook in there i wonder why ?
dont they get day off and try to cook for the family? however i am one of the people love to cook for my family in the future but it would be nice if the husband help .

one of my married students told me a strange thing that women are not obliged to cook , wash or serve their husbands in anyway . and this weird for me to hear . and that the husband is obliged to bring a maid to help his wife .
i dont like this at all but they say that the prophet (saw) said this .so is this right ?

i hope that someone guide me to the right thing .

salaam alaikom

AlQurtubi

Banned
"one of my married students told me a strange thing that women are not obliged to cook , wash or serve their husbands in anyway . and this weird for me to hear . and that the husband is obliged to bring a maid to help his wife .
i dont like this at all but they say that the prophet (saw) said this .so is this right ?
"

I have also heared this that this is not fard for woman. Woman is not a servant but if she wants to win HIS heart, she needs to do all this i guess or if her husband doesnt have enough to get a maid for her.

But sometimes, you just dont need it to be compulsary to act on it. You need to act sometimes on wajib and mustahab as well.

fada_all

salam alikom

masha allah aliki sister what an interesting and a creative threads you post all the time ... may allah swt reward you with the happiness and prosperity insha allah in both here and life after, and grant you with a pious husband who value marriage life insha allah who loves you for your purity ,kindness and white heart that you have sister you deserve all the beauties alhamdo lillah ..i love you for the sake of allah sobhanaho wa taala....
thanks so much for the recipe you have post .masha allah you seem to be an excilent cook...
salam alikom

ur sister .......

islamisthesolution

salaam alaikom
thank you brother Qutrubi for answering my question and alhamdulillah i guess i will be able to handle this kind of work inshAllah for the sake of Allah because when a woman pleases her husband she pleases the Almighty .

dear sister Fada you know that i love you too for Allah sake and thank you sooooo much for your nice words . Is there anyone sweeter than you in this world :hearts:?

may Allah protect you all and guide us to the right path