Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I am still learning

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I tried and failed

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters

Asha88

Ghurabaa
"one of my married students told me a strange thing that women are not obliged to cook , wash or serve their husbands in anyway . and this weird for me to hear . and that the husband is obliged to bring a maid to help his wife .
i dont like this at all but they say that the prophet (saw) said this .so is this right ?
"

I have also heared this that this is not fard for woman. Woman is not a servant but if she wants to win HIS heart, she needs to do all this i guess or if her husband doesnt have enough to get a maid for her.

But sometimes, you just dont need it to be compulsary to act on it. You need to act sometimes on wajib and mustahab as well.

If it is true, then that is a good news to me!! LOL (ok, more like good news to my future husband who doesnt have to eat my weird food)

:shymuslima1:

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2:

i guess sisters you have to win this one .:lol:
and brothers if you really cook you should say what is the best thing that you do .however i think that brothers arent interested in cooking so if you are reply .
sisters lets win this time .

this for fun btw not a competition between brothers and sisters .:lol:

salaam alaikom
sister, its not like i dont cook , i cook , nut very bad ... some are good and some are tasteless ..well i cook are 'chicken , egg, cake , noodles and many stuffs but not good

AlQurtubi

Banned
sister aleefah, ur husband at least wont stay hungry ..lol

May ALLAH bless u all brothers and sisters.. I poked into this thread just to have a little fun :)

islamisthesolution

sister aleefah, ur husband at least wont stay hungry ..lol

May ALLAH bless u all brothers and sisters.. I poked into this thread just to have a little fun :)

and i made this thread for fun .

and may be to know who can cook from my brothers and sisters .
nosy i know :)

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
AlQurtubi: seems that sisters here dont know how to cook. That is why, women cook men's brain after marriage.. lol.

:SMILY309:

no...... please no........ I didnt hear a brother just insult us sisters did I?!
Tut tut tut. :angryblue: :angryblue: :angryred:

Did you even read my post?!
I am the don of cooking! :D

Sisters CAN cook here at TTI. :D :D

Im just kidding! No offense brother inshaAllah :)
i can cook alhamdulillah so i wont be cooking my future hubby's brain right?!
right..........?

Asha88

Ghurabaa
I think, sisters, when you are married, you will tend to pick up cooking skills really fast. Like my own sister, she has never touched a ladle until she actually got married. Now, she cooks really good arab dishes, pasta.. I really wonder she learnt how to cook lol.

Yousef83

I'm not married and living alone,so i have to cook but im not capable,to have meal always at restaurants very boring-my vote is im still learning :)

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
well i learned how to cook things ,
but i dont cook i have 3 EXCELLENT cooks at home ,
MASHA ALLAH
all cook so yummmm , Alhamdullilah
so i dont get chance to show my skills ,lol really not interested in something not yummy lol

islamisthesolution

Don't b so sure :) Only 56 people voted so far and we have over 2000 members. The results can change drastically so watch out, LOL.

may be you say this because you can cook well brother but look at the other brothers and the majority is for the sisters lol

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I know how to cook but i am still learning the long list waiting for me My MUM is trying to convince me that i will be divorced if i dont know how to cook??? loool it quite funny and a bit worrying :rolleyes: anyway i hope shes not right:SMILY26:

My future husband is very unlucky indeed lool

but i voted yes because i know some dishes does that count or have i cheated???? hope not

:wasalam:

Kakorot

i can boil a few potatoes.. na joking i can cook a few dishes and make up my own recipes (though majority of times it goes wrong =/ )

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Alykum sister al Efaah. I'm one of those that WANT to cook, but I'm bad at it (for the time being). Gosh, at the moment though, all I wish I could (atleast be ABLE to) cook (and not burn it, LoL) would be some nice soft Roti, LoL. :D :lol: See, it's not so hard if I ever lived my life like some Afghanistani/Farisi brother, because I already got that Roti taste! LoL. :)

And another few things that I'd need would be:

1.) To be able to tie a perfect Farisi/Afghani styled Pagree

2.) a lot of (Afghanistani/Farisi) Qameeses

3.) to be able to speak and understand Pushto and Farisi! LoL (but I'd learn Urdu first, since it's easier) :)

4.) a muscular body (LoL sisters, I don't think you want to know this :D :lol:)

Looks like I gave more of a "My wishes List (of a Farisi Islamic background)" rather than something that involves cooking, LoL. :)

islamisthesolution

thank you sisters and brothers for voting and i guess there are alot more need to vote

sister Muslim18 that was funny actually all the mothers say these words to their daughters in order to make them good cook and yes sometimes girls get divorced because they cant cook:angryblue: can you believe this !! as i know a couple of cases .so make sure that you cook very well .

and brother Addul Hasib i guess you are asking for too much and unfortunatly i cant help especially with thif fourth wish :lol: but its really nice to give it a try . and guys try to get more involved in kitchen as we do in order not to be lost :lol:

have a nice day sisters and brothers and take care .

salaam alaikom

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

thank you sisters and brothers for voting and i guess there are alot more need to vote

sister Muslim18 that was funny actually all the mothers say these words to their daughters in order to make them good cook and yes sometimes girls get divorced because they cant cook:angryblue: can you believe this !! as i know a couple of cases .so make sure that you cook very well .

and brother Addul Hasib i guess you are asking for too much and unfortunatly i cant help especially with thif fourth wish :lol: but its really nice to give it a try . and guys try to get more involved in kitchen as we do in order not to be lost :lol:

have a nice day sisters and brothers and take care .

salaam alaikom

Sister are you for real i thought it was something my mum threatens me with like lil scary stories :girl3: anyway i have 2 weeks off and i will try rolling my sleeves up and cook more intense cooking course for me any recipes you guys recommend that i wont burn.. sister i will try my best thanks for that advice..:hijabi:

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
I Never tried cooking in my whole life. Not because i dont like to do it but because am relying on my mum. though i sometimes help her with easy stuff. I know I have to do it one day but Allah knows when. I can fry things and do the tea and coffee, although i mistakenly used the salt instead of the sugar to make tea for my friend one day lol, he tasted it and it was terrible. but am gonna start to learn soon inshallah

islamisthesolution

Sister are you for real i thought it was something my mum threatens me with like lil scary stories :girl3: anyway i have 2 weeks off and i will try rolling my sleeves up and cook more intense cooking course for me any recipes you guys recommend that i wont burn.. sister i will try my best thanks for that advice..:hijabi:

yes sister unfortunatly it happened but dont worry inshAllah everything will be ok and Allah is there for you .

actually i started to believe that its really hard to take everything easy even if its just cooking men get really bad and violent if they dont eat . thats what i discovered actually i discovered alot of things and most important is that marriage isnt a picnic at all .

sorry for being pessimistic but thats how things go these days .

salaam alaikom

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
yes sister unfortunatly it happened but dont worry inshAllah everything will be ok and Allah is there for you .

actually i started to believe that its really hard to take everything easy even if its just cooking men get really bad and violent if they dont eat . thats what i discovered actually i discovered alot of things and most important is that marriage isnt a picnic at all .

sorry for being pessimistic but thats how things go these days .

salaam alaikom

Why are men such a fuss i could go without food for hours even days call it lazy i sometimes cant be bothered making myself food let alone someone else but i guess i have to learn the hard way and burn a couple of fingers along the way...