• I am still learning

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • I tried and failed

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

I am Mirajmom. I have to cook. And I can make a decent meal. I do not have love on my fingertips as a chef must. However, I am a great short order cook. I cook everything from sctach. If I had time I would cook everyday. Now, can I bake. I can bake anything. That is my love. I could bake cakes and cookies all day.

q8penpals

Salam

I can cook pretty much anything - I am great at following a recipe (I am a meticulous direction follower in general), but baking is my specialty.

My husband loves to cook, so there are many days that I come home and he already has dinner cooking. It is like his hobby, and of course, I don't mind at all! I make the desserts!

But I do like to cook...I just hate to wash dishes! LOL! :)

islamisthesolution

:salam2:

mashAllah really pleasing knowing that most of the women are good cooks or bakers lol .

and of course there isnt comparison between women and men in this poll because apparently women are the best and i should start counting how many women who voted for this thread can cook LOL to let men know .

subhanAllah this thread put a smile on my face with your nice replies . may Allah fulfill your lives with happiness and joy .

bentalno0or

:hijabi:
ALHAMDOLILA I COOK REALLY WELL.
LOL ONLY BECAUSE I ENJOY TRYING NEW THINGS AND I THINK THERES NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN WHEN IT COMES TO COKING. WE EAT AND TASTE FOOD THE SAME WAY DONT WE ? SO ALHAMDOLILA ITS ALL ABOUT HAVING THE NIYA TO DO SOMETHING .

:subhanallah: HOW FOOD IS IMPORTANT LOL

q8penpals

Salam

I think it is kinda funny that so many people assume that it is in a woman's nature to be a good cook. LOL! That is not a genetic code, people! :)

What is interesting, though, is that although women seemed to be "required" to be the cooks at home in many cultures, most of the famous cooks for royalty and heads of state throughout history have been men! Most of the militaries in many countries are all-male, so some have to learn to cook. Look at so many really famous restaurants today and famous chefs on TV - majority men!

So, I think it is more to do with the passion for food and cooking; my mom was a home-ec major and doesn't cook well (although I did learn my baking skills from her); my dad was a cook in the US National Guard and is awesome cook! My dad opened his own restaurant and loved being the chef!

Besides, all men should learn to cook at least a few good meals - when the wife is sick or incapacitated after delivering a baby, he can make a delicious meal for his family!

colleen.eha

Salam everyone,
I am a great cook (no bragging) and I love to do it!!!
If anyone wants any pointers or recipies, let me know!
I'm american, so I have a lot of american-type recipies, some tex-mex (as I love mexican food) and a few Tunisian recipies from my mother-in-law.
good luck! :)

sumaya_02

proud muslimah
Asalaamu aleykum brothers & sisters
jazakiAllah khair sis for making this poll
well i can cook but you wouldn't want to come near my food:shymuslima1:i seriously need to learn how to cook:SMILY26:.. congratulations to my sisters and brothwers who can cook mashAllah ..........and the rest will learn if Allah wills
:SMILY252: Love you all fesabilillah :SMILY252:
:wasalam:

islamisthesolution

mashAllah i just love this thread because of your nice replies and some are funny and it really made me feel better when i was down .

but now alhamdulillah i am good the whole day was just very good and today i felt really good and i felt better reading your nice replies.

jazakom Allahu khyran all who voted for this thread and more who wrote about his talent as a cook . those who still learn , and of course i wont forget those who dont know who to cook ( most of them are brothers apparently )

thank you all so much