Can I kiss his hand?

runayrus

Yearning Slave
:salam2:

I hope all sisters and brothers are in the best of Iman and Health Ameen.

I have a question that I am still confused about.

Is it permissible to kiss the hands of (as a form of respect to the elderly) my mother's maternal uncle? Which makes him my grand uncle. I have always tried to avoid when he bring out his hand but I am still unsure so I reciprocate. I dont want to pass off as rude or anything.

He is not very old nor frail.

Please help me in this matter.

Jazakallah khair

Robab

daughter of Adam
it is good for u

:salam2:

I hope all sisters and brothers are in the best of Iman and Health Ameen.

I have a question that I am still confused about.

Is it permissible to kiss the hands of (as a form of respect to the elderly) my mother's maternal uncle? Which makes him my grand uncle. I have always tried to avoid when he bring out his hand but I am still unsure so I reciprocate. I dont want to pass off as rude or anything.

He is not very old nor frail.

Please help me in this matter.

Jazakallah khair

sister if u avoid this action it is better for u.u can say good words.or greetings words.:)

Nurain

Salam

I have the same problem.

And we have the same grand uncle.

JazakAllaah khair Robab for the reply. Um, is there a daleel.. possibly cos he ain't mahram as mentioned in surah an-noor perhaps?

=) Shukran

runayrus

Yearning Slave
:salam2: brother Alkhatiri,

Jazakallah khair for the link.

I guess he is still mahram and it is permissible to kiss his hand if I interpret the link correctly.

:shymuslima1:

:wasalam:

Nazihah

Be A Stranger
Assalamu 'alaikum,

Yes he is your mahram. He is a mahram to your mother, so he is a mahram to you as well.

(i) Women who are permanently forbidden for marriage fall into three categories:

(a) Those who are forbidden due to blood ties.

There are seven, who are mentioned in the verse: mothers, daughters, sisters, paternal aunts, maternal aunts, brother’s daughters and sister’s daughters.

The category of mothers also includes grandmothers, whether on the father’s side or the mother’s.

The category of daughters includes one’s own daughter as well as one’s son’s daughters and one’s daughter’s daughters, no matter how far the line of descent reaches.

The category of sisters includes full sisters and half-sisters through the father or the mother.

The category of paternal aunts includes a man’s paternal aunts, his father’s paternal aunts, his grandfather’s paternal aunts, his mother’s paternal aunts and his grandmother’s paternal aunts.

The category of maternal aunts includes a man’s maternal aunts, his father’s maternal aunts, his grandfather’s maternal aunts, his mother’s maternal aunts and his grandmother’s maternal aunts.

The category of brother’s daughters includes the daughters of a full brother, the daughters of a half-brother through his father, the daughters of a half-brother through his mother, and their daughters, no matter how far the line of descent reaches, and their sons’ daughters and their daughters’ daughters, no matter how far the line of descent reaches.

The category of sister’s daughters includes the daughters of a full sister, the daughters of a half-sister through her father, the daughters of a half-sister through her mother, and their sons’ daughters, no matter how far the line of descent reaches, and their daughters’ daughters, no matter how far the line of descent reaches.

Source: http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/95757/mahram