When Are WE Going to Take A Stand!!!

Asma

As Salaam Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabaarkatuhu,
I would like to know,When are we Muslims in America and all over going to go and announce to all that there is "No God but ALLAH and Muhammad is his Last Messenger"When are we going to spread the streets with Islamic Literature.When are we going to answer the longest lie ever told,"Jesus is the so called son of God"When are we going to die for the spread of Islam.When are we Sisters from all over the world going to come together and let them know that we are not Oppress because we Cover,are stay home with our family.When are our Brothers going to stand up for our Sisters who are being mistreated by their husbands. When are the Brothers going to help their Sisters get educated so they can teach the children.When are the Men of Islam going to start looking and acting like Muslim men ,stop being recognized only, because your wife is covered.When are you going to stop saying: I don't want to look like an Arab,and recognize that you have a dress code from ALLAH.You are to Hear and Obey, also. You are suppose to be Leaders,and Protectors. If Sisters can stand tall and fight for our dress,you Brothers can start looking like Muslims.When they see you they will know you are a Muslim Men. When will you come out of the closet and take off those Western suits and ties.You are showing your beauty to everyone.When are we going to Stand Up,.The Amish Men and Women look like who they claim to be.Only Muslim women look like we should. When Are The Muslim Men Going To Come Out of Hiding and Fight For Allah. Protect Their Women and Be Muslim. Don't come with that lam line saying: We don't have to look like this or that to be Muslim,you know that is not true.When are WE going to Stop Fearing this World and Fear ALLAH. Let's Make a Stand ,Take a Stand. If we have to start with a new additude,with taking Shahada all over again,world wide. Let's come together,Fight together,Die together,for the sake of ALLAH ,for the sake of Islam, Now is the Time,Now is the Time,Now is the Time....What Are WE Going To DO??? There is only so much studying we can do,when do we Practise what we preach..When DO We Take Islam To The People,stop letting them bring us into their world,bring them into Ours.One Creator.

Beko29

Im LoViNg It.. ISLAM
:allahuakbar: :allahuakbar: :allahuakbar:

Im on ur SIDE sister.

I whis for every child to have a mother like u.
I whis for every man to have a wife like u.
I whis for every brother to have a sister like u.

Then :inshallah: we will act like MOSLIMS.

1 GOD (ALLAH)
1 DEEN
1 UMMAH

:wasalam:
your Brother.

prayerbone

hi Sister Asma,i have read ur post and ur passion for Islam is so obvious and wonderful to see!
you've mentioned the way men dress as muslims in two post,as a revert i'm interested in what you mean by this..as far as i was aware muslim men just had to dress decently? never wear anything that shows above the knees etc..

what else??

ur brother Andy

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
:salam2:

A Man's awrah, or the part he should not show is from the naval to the knees.

There is nothing haram or sinful in wearing a suit or a tie, particularly if someone needs to for a job etc..... What is haram for men is silk and gold.

I think what she is frustrated at is Muslims not wanting to dress or behave like Muslim men. Muslim clothes for men can be anything which are decent.. such and preferably baggy and not see through :) . There is nothing specific.

The Prophet :saw: and the companions wore a long shirt like what some Arabs wear today,they also wore an Izaar, which is like what they wear in Yemen or Bangladesh, kind of like a Sarong. Men still wear in many parts of the world including Indonesia and malaysia Yemen.. Bangladesh. To wear these clothes is good, because it shows our love for the Prophet :saw: by copying him. You get a reward for the intention, but its not obligatory to wear these clothes.

What is important is modesty in the way we dress and more importantly how we behave and what we believe Islamically. Just getting people to change the way they look is rather superficial.

The Most Important message is that of Tawheed, and this is the main message that the Prophet Muhammad :saw: and all Prophets before him came with. Its no use looking like a pious scholar if you believe it is OK to make a prayer to the local saint for forgiveness or perhaps, I dont know, get a monkey to bless your food.

Wasalam.

henna

asalamulaikum sister,
i am definately on ur side and mashahallah ur words are very strong, and may allah accept what u have said. inshahallah.
wasalam.

Karima

Asalamualikum... Peace Be Upon You,

Asma, this was a very good post. I have been wishing for stores to have more exposure to muslims and muslimas to be present to sell items, and to have on walls short explainations IN ENGLISH of the simple truths that Allah presents in the Qur'an. If people are not exposed to this in public, then how will they ever know?

A simple coffee shop with some food items halal (not pork)....for starters, and appearal, and books, etc....keeping it simple...and a store clerk who could answer any questions about Islam....

The muslim community needs to be aware that most Americans are 'afraid' of talking to someone different.

Abdur_Rashiid

The question of male Islamic dress

DRESS QUESTION:
We have come under criticism for keeping Sunna dress in our present day and age. They claim that it is an indifferent and unnecessary aspect of Arabic culture and tradition which carries no reward in religion. What is the position of Ahl as-Sunna on the dispensation for praying, leading prayer, and giving khutba bare-headed and in Western-style clothes?

ANSWER:
It is reprehensible not to cover the head in prayer if one is able to do so as it is part of the excellence of adornment which Allah ordered when He said: "O Children of Adam! Wear your beautiful apparel at every time and place of prayer" (7: 31). If one cannot afford a shirt or a head-cover, he may pray without them, but if he can, then he is remiss in obeying Allah in this verse and in heeding the Prophet in the hadith: "Allah likes to see the mark of His benevolence on His servant."(1) As for those who lead prayer and khutba in Western-style pants and other tight-fitting garments then both they and those who follow them are behaving indecently and ignorantly, jeopardizing their worship, ignoring the excellent example of the Prophet and instead following the model of non- believers. One of their most imbecilic statements has been that if the Prophet came in our time he would be wearing blue jeans -- astaghfirullah!
Wearing the jilbab, izar (loin-wrap), thawb (long cloth), `imama (turban),(2) jubba (coat or mantle), sirwal (baggy pants) and so forth is of the Prophet's Sunna of dress and we care not one whit for the secular-minded who reduce this aspect of Islam to an unimportant or unnecessary Sunna. There is no such thing as an unimportant or unnecessary Sunna. May Allah save us from committing such a slur against the Prophet as to make light of the Sunna. We should remember that no Sunna of his is abandoned except an innovation (bid`a) is adopted in exchange; inversely he said:
Whoever gives life to one of my Sunnas which was eliminated after my time will receive the reward of all those who practice it without their reward being diminished. (3)
Whoever gives life to one of my Sunnas, he loves me: and whoever loves me is with me.(4)
The keeper of my Sunna at the time my Community has lapsed into corruption will receive the reward of a martyr.(5)
The reasons brothers give for not following the example of Allah ta’ala Last Messenger Prophet Muhammad (Sallal-lahu alayhi Wa-sallam) is SHIRK. Plan and simple, read the fundamentals of Islam. All fear and all praise is due to Allah and Allah alone. Some Muslims fear creation, they think that the giving and the taking is in the hands of Allah’s creation (man) and if they believe that then their Iman is weak. Nothing happens without the permission of Allah. Allah controls everything……..Taqwa Allah Brother, Ameen

Abu.Amirah

:wasalam:

Shukran Sister!! We are together as one!!

I just want to add the importance of what our sister said. We men talk alot when it comes to tell about women of how to dress,but do we also check ourselves of the same? As the brothers said about the clothing for men its straight forward but do we check ourselves of what we wear?,or what our boys wear ? or what our friends wear? :astag:
Its sad that we have taken the lifestyle of the western culture to be our own culture. Am going abit out of this topic but inshallah is to help each other understand. The tshirts we are wearing,the jeans,track suits all this clothes make us not to look like the real muslims.Muslim will buy them and wear them even in the house of Allah without even fearing.Am not saying that its wrong to wear this kind of clothes but what made them to be wrong is the way the clothes are design.
Last week on saturday as I went to pray Maghrib,a fellow brother who was in the front line was praying while he was wearing a tshirt with the picture of RONALDO on both sides.:astag: We all know that its not allowed to show your thighs but the picture was showing Ronaldo's.Also the Prophet :saw: while he was with Aisha (r.a) and he wanted to pray and saw a curtain with a picture(decoration) and He told her to remove it as it will distruct him in his salat.Other things is that some will wear the football clubs tshirt with the names of the players,singers or even crazy names and you go and pray with it inside the mosque.All these will surely distruct those who pray behind you. As I have said we muslim lack the knowledge and we need to tell others the importance so that we are all guided the right way.This kind of clothes we should avoid and even try to make others understand its effect.
We are called to be the best Ummah because we remind one another of the doing the good and avoiding the bad.
Inshallah Allah to guide us all the right way,Amin!!

Please correct me anywhere am wrong,Allah is the only Perfect!

Jazakallahu kheir!!

Asma

When are we going to take a Stand!

As Salaam Alikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakuhu,
I want to ask How come whenever it is asked about the Muslim Man and his looks.The feedback is always the same:Like "Just getting people to change the way they look is rather superficial."
If we Muslim Women felt that way we wouldn't cover.We know when we cover it is more than just clothes.It makes us aware of our behaviour.We know we are an example.We strive very hard to be our best.We are representing Islam.If we mess up or fall short,we correct ourselves.Our dress is a sheild for us.We know it is from ALLAH. You see Sisters in the World fighting to keep our Hijab on. Where are our Men telling Society to leave their Mother,Wives,Sisters,Daughters,alone. Do Brothers walk with them to Protect them. Do they carry signs saying" I Rather See Women Covered Then Not Covered" No,No,No...
Now yes it is obligatory for Muslim Men to look a certain way.You say their awrah is from the navel to the knees...Brothers aren't suppose to expose their behinds and crotch, but they do.You have your shirts tucked in and your pants aren't always loose.You have clean shaven faces.
You don't wear beards, those that can grow one,you don't cover your hair with a kufi,you don't wear long loose shirts to cover your private parts,you don't wear loose pants to your ankle.That is how you are suppose to look.
You look like everyother man in America on the street.When you go to the Mosque,you look like your'e going to Church, in your suits and ties,the only thing missing is the cross.
Yes, you have to be an example, also.You have to correct your Brothers when they are not practicing correctly. Like praying to saints and having monkeys to bless their food. You have to correct it with the proper teachings.
All I'm saying is Isn't it Time For Muslim Men To Stand Up and Fight for ALLAH,For Islam, For US and With Us. You Are Suppose To Change The World and Make Them Come To Know ALLAH and The Laws That HE Made. Make An Islamic State Not Let Others Give Us Their Way Of Life.What Is So Wrong With Looking Like Prophet Muhammad(Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)You Just might get some of his Courage..

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Asma said:
As Salaam Alikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakuhu,
I want to ask How come whenever it is asked about the Muslim Man and his looks.The feedback is always the same:Like "Just getting people to change the way they look is rather superficial."

If you re-read my previous post, you will see im not disagreeing with you, but merely saying that this Ummah is not going to change by just changing the dress code and ignoring the essentials.

muslima_101

i agree with mabsoot ...we muslims shud first start by fixing our insides (intentions) n start following the basic 5 pillars and then worry about our dress code and standing up for each other.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
muslima_101 said:
i agree with mabsoot ...we muslims shud first start by fixing our insides (intentions) n start following the basic 5 pillars and then worry about our dress code and standing up for each other.

assalamu alaykum, i didnt say that either. I meant we should know what the most important things for this Ummah to succeed are.. as well as doing what the sister said.

That is because it is to do with priority. No doubt what you say is true. I did not say it is not what Muslims should do, but, rather that a believer builds up his level of Iman and knowledge of Islam And it is of No use whatsoever if the person has not got the foggiest about what Islam is.

There are men who have big beards, and women who wear niqabs.. yet do shirk or are not even Muslim (e.g. Druze.. believe in reincarnation! and believe that their founder was a reincarnation of God, :astag: ).

There are many more subtle examples of people you will probably see in America with some major problems in their aqeedah. This issue is a big one, not small. Its the first and only issue that will make our Ummah strong.

This is the forgotten Dawah. In the West, so called da'ees spend their jumas giving khutba on issues they deem more important. Leaving out the message of Tawheed, even though Shirk and Bidah is widespread throughout the Ummah.

THe Awrah as based on the Quran and Sunnah.

THere are brothers and sisters out there who give dawah in the worst fashion, and unfortunately many fall foul of becoming arrogant. Their time is spent judging other Muslims simply by the way they look and thinking how unfortunate they may be. To the extent they fail to give salam to them or acknowledge them in any way.

Some even go to the extent of backbiting and slandering sisters that dont wear hijab, and call brothers who dont have beards fags etc.... So, we need to be careful of this sort of ghuloo (extremism) in our Islam. For Islam is easy, and the Prophet :saw: said that our actions in Islam are in moderation.

And we must remember how to explain things in a fashion that is according to the Quran and Hadith. This is done by quoting Verses from the Quran, Sayings of the Prophet :saw:and quotes from the notable Scholars and Imams of the past and the present.

Wasalam.

Ayan

Asalamu Alaykum
It's about time that someone mentioned the proper way a muslim man should look like.

Asma

When are we going to take a stand...

As Salaam Alikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
Brothers and Sisters , if we stop and think for a while we can remember
at one point the dress was what made some of us learn about Islam.That was the first thing people saw.Then the words,and wisdom about Islam came after someone asked you why you were dressed like that.True we have alot of other issues to confront.This too is important,because once we stepped into these clothes it caused our whole world to change.ALLAH put a test on us...We became more conscious of how we act and treat people. Plus,it caused other people to change towards us..At this moment with all eyes on Islam and those that follow.Some of us who covered will undress for fear of being recognized.Some of us who don't cover will,because they found the strength.We can keep fooling ourselves to think that dress doesn't mean anything.It must be important,ALLAH said So....and Not just for the women... We have to set the record straight,let the world know that we who may look like the so called terrorist,are not like that. Plus,we knew that there was going to come a time when we we're going to have to fight for ALLAH and Islam, not fight eachother. Brothers,still have to straighten things out.We may all be correct in our statements,but Men are the Leaders,Protectors and Providers,they have to come together and change things.

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

:salam2: My Respected Brothers and sisters, Insha'Allah we all are well.

please allow me to add something to this thread Insha'Allah.....

(Asma) Brothers,still have to straighten things out.We may all be correct in our statements,but Men are the Leaders,Protectors and Providers,they have to come together and change things.

Subhan'Allah sister, i totally understand where you're coming from, but we're forgetting the fact that ' if ' Brothers are the Protecters and LEADERS, we too are the leaders of OUR CHILDREN IN OUR HOMES! We as sisters need to be a LEAD by example to them whilst our respected Husbands are trying to provide (Alhamdulillah) that is not to say that the men arn't, ofcourse they are (or should be); but our childrens eyes are on US 24/7 more than their fathers and that is because we are at home majority of the time (Insha'Allah and Alhamdulillah) they are observing us, so if theres anything that needs changing or straightning out, then it still needs to come from us TOO..... our habits, attitude towards others and ofcourse our commitment towards our Deen! and na'am, the primary Tarbia comes from both sides (Ahem-Brothers..lol) if we feel there is a fault in our Brothers, then we too have faults as nobody can ever be perfect....to be very honest,
there could be a person/sister out there who is not in Hijaab but yet FEARS Allah more than a sister who maybe in Hijaab..... :subhanallah:

if we really want to change (Brother or Sister) then we need to implement Tazkiya first....we need to purify our hearts Insha'Allah, remember that Allah will not look at our appearance or wealth, but will look at what we held inside Insha'Allah...and remember also "Allah never changes a people's state until they do not change what is in themselves" (Qur'an 13:12 Surah Ar-Rad Verse 12).

i too feel it would be amazing to see more Brothers dressed in the thobe, kufi etc, but its all about our intentions Subhan'Allah....

(Mabsoot) THere are brothers and sisters out there who give dawah in the worst fashion, and unfortunately many fall foul of becoming arrogant. Their time is spent judging other Muslims simply by the way they look and thinking how unfortunate they may be. To the extent they fail to give salam to them or acknowledge them in any way.

that is also true, again; its the character we need to work on (OUR character we need to work on) Insha'Allah.

May Allah make things easy for us in all affairs and help us to develope love in our hearts for each other; May Allah also bless us all with a religiously committed spouse so we can help one another to better our Deen, Ameen Ya Rabb....

truely; Allah is the Judge of all judges...

may Allah forgive me if ive said anything wrong Ameen.

i leave you all in the View of Ar-Raheem,

Ma'Salama
your sister in Islam.....

Mrmuslim

Smile you are @ TTI
Staff member
Salaam Alikom,

There isnt any dress code for men as long as they covering thier Awrah, there are Muslims all over the world and each country and each traditions has thier own way of dress, even women have thier way to dress but they required Hijab with it and be modest , same to Men they are required to dress with modesty and not show awrah, should we dress up like wearing Thoub?
or as they dress in India or pakistan Shalwar Kameez? some places allow you to wear these cloths but not to work...
Islam calls people to modesty and humility, in both dress and manner. Traditional clothing for Muslim men and women reflect these values, Iman dosnt Increase the way we dress...

قال الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم : ان الله لا ينظر الى صوركم ولا الى اجسامكم ولكن ينظر الى قلوبكم

The prophet peace be up on him said :Truly, Allah does not look at your outward forms and wealth, but rather at your hearts and your works" (Sahih Muslim, 4.1389: hadith 2564).

Question: Is there a special mode of dress that Muslim men must observe? Is it recommended that they wear long robes or shirts like the men of Saudi Arabia or Pakistan wear?

Answered by Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former professor at al-Imâm University in Riyadh

A Muslim man is permitted to wear whatever is the customary dress in his country as long as he avoids any expressly unlawful behavior with respect to dress.

Unlawful modes of dress include exposing any part of his `awrah - which is the area between the navel and the knee - wearing pure silk or gold, and wearing long garments that hang below his ankles. It also includes wearing clothing made of impure substances like pigskin.

Reference http://www.islamtoday.net/english/show_detail_section.cfm?q_id=202&main_cat_id=4
Under General Supervision of shiekh Salman Al-oadah

wa salaam alikom

Asma

When are we going to take a stand

Brothers and Sisters,I am not judging anyone, but the whole point is being missed.I do have a better understanding from the replies..Maybe I'm only looking from my own eyes..I guess that is the only way I can see it...It is so simple that we find it hard to understand...To hear and obey.We are to strive to hear and obey.That is the intention.Allah(Subhanahu wa atala) told us what and how we should do everything..He sent His book the Qur'an...He left an example his Prophet Muhammad(Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam)...We all have a responsibility to eachother. We are to correct eachother....Help eachother....We all need to read the Prophet's (s.a.w.) last speech........

The answers are always going to be the same...The finger is always going to be pointed elsewhere.We have to come together,help eachother,work together and stop walking away or turn our heads......Things have changed,we have changed or maybe I am just naive... We must first Love the Prophet(s.a.w.)more than we love ourselves...ALLAH(s.w.a.) told his
Prophet(s.a.w.) don't frett over them....I am begining to understand what that mean... Inshallah,I pray I did not say anything to offend any one. May ALLAH forgive me. This is only my opinion,but I feel this thread should be closed...or maybe I should stop replying to my own question... May ALLAH help us all, because we sure do need it....Myself included...
Barakallah
Your Sister striving to build a stong Islamic bond for the Pleasure of ALLAH
Asma

sunshine

Building Bridges
Cassius said:
YES!!! Speak of the religion of peace! You will try to force your beliefs upon those who are non-Muslim. If they fail to convert, what is your duty? YES!! To kill them! Or make them pay a different tax than you. You stay in your world (of despair, dictators, oppressive governments, racism, hatred, blindness, et all) and we will stay in ours. Amazing how many "moderate" Muslims would agree with what you said. And funny how your "god" did not give you free will. That is typical "herd mentality".

You seems to know very well, such thing, like killing someone who does not agree with you, or?

"Lakum deenu Kum wa liya deen" (Al-Quran 109:6)
"To you be your Way, and to me mine" (Al-Quran 109:6)

:)