sahabah quiz

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
:salam2:

Since one of the ways to increase iman is by knowing and reading about the sahabah i thought we could post an question and answer session, i .e. a person posts a question about a sahabi and the person who answers it can post the next qn.

Qn. 1. What is the name of the sahabi who was told the names of the hypocrates by Rasoolullah sallalahu alayhi wassallam?

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I have one...

Who is the sahabi who recited the Qura'an so beautifully that angels came down from heaven just to listen to his recitation..and Rasulullah (saaws) told him once.."Recite (Qura'an) O' ........ for you have been given an oboe (like that) of the people of Dawood (as)"?

Let's see if anyone figures this out :)

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
walaikumu salam
i guess it was.....
usayd ibn huthayr :)

Mashallah Ukhti!..you're right!..mashallah not very many people know this! :)

Now there was another sahabi..whom Rasulullah (saaws) also said to him.."O' ...... you have been given an oboe (like that) of the people of Dawood (as)"..he recited Qura'an so beautifully..that Rasulullah overheard him while walking and he (saaws) stopped and listened to him until he finished..

Who was this other sahabi?

P.S. there are also *sahabiyyat* (female sahabis) can they be included in this quiz? (I think it's only fair! :))

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum :)
i was gonna ask the sisters to refer me to a book about Sahaba's so i can have as much knowledge as them as welll :)

alhamdullilah

Stranger

I have one...

Who is the sahabi who recited the Qura'an so beautifully that angels came down from heaven just to listen to his recitation..and Rasulullah (saaws) told him once.."Recite (Qura'an) O' ........ for you have been given an oboe (like that) of the people of Dawood (as)"?

Let's see if anyone figures this out :)

I had heard that they "almost" came down from heaven, but he had stopped reciting it when his horse got spooked and almost hurt his child...

here's another Q:

The man the prophet (SAW) said about; A man that walks alone, a man that will die alone, and will be raised alone on the day of resurrection.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

Had somewhere to be. Sister muslimah 86 give us the answer please :girl3: i looked everywhere (google), :lol:
Google? tsk tsk tsk!!! sister come on! we just had a brother wonder if he can have us point books on sahaba for him! :)

Well I guess something new will be learned today...the 2nd sahabi I asked about was:

Abo Musa Al-Asha'ari..who's full name was..Abdullah bin Qays bin Sulaim

For the moment I do not have a question..I want to think of something really good (i.e. something that will either make you dig through your present knowledge or go *search* for new one! :))

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
this sahabi was abu zar ghafari(R.A)

Subhanallah! i thought i knew a fair bit about the lives of the sahabah and yet this is the second time i'm unable to find the answer! gone through my book as well! (the only one i have is the ten that were given the glad tiding of jannah).

sister please tell us the answer! plus please recomend good books may Allah reward you.

misbah ul haya

now there is another question:
which sahabi was given the title of 'HAWARI RASOOL'?

im sorry that nobody could reply this question,so im writing the answer:
this sahabi was ZUBAIR BIN AWAM(R.A) son of safia(r.a) bint abdul mutalib,son in law of abu bakar siddique(r.a),husband of asma(r.a) bint abu bakar and father of abdullah(r.a) bin zubair.