You Are Being Lied to About Pirates

Musulmanin

:salam2:

I'm not saying that there is no way someone is dumping radioactive wastes. If not western ,There are muslim medias, governments to assist to conduct research and publish results, I doubt there are No independent scientists willing to protect waters, there are environmental agencies who fight governments really hard, maybe these environmental agencies should be involved, rather than a former fisherman or crimanal pirate claim of radioactive wastes. Even if they are right, not many people will believe them. I'm not saying it is not possible that wastes are dumped sometimes somewhere in Somalian waters. But pirating will certainly not stop it.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I know some of you want to believe that there is some kind of conspiracy going on and pirates are not really bad guys.

Aaaahhhh...*Conspiracy*..a word knitted by Western hegemonies to slap across anything revealing their foul agendas.

1) Pirates never claimed they are protecting Somalian shores

Do they *need* to pass out claims and put up banners to validate their cause?..if that's the case..then we'll find people saying that about the mujahideen fighting in Palestine..Afghanistan..Iraq..and Chechniya..who fight without uttering a single word *claiming* anything..they only *act*..and the message of the act is sent and received

2) Pirates never found radioactive barrels on the ships, at least they never claimed that they did.

Are you 100% sure?..and again..do they *need* to claim?..and are you sure they didn't *try to claim?* but were *stopped???* by the same people they're fending off??..

3) Why would pirates hijack Saudi Arabian ships?

Really?..should we get started on this issue?..I think many of us know what the Saudi monarchy (and I want you to mentally underline *Saudi monarchy*) is all about..I would just rewind back my memory to January and the war on Gaza and have the *what they're all about* dawn on me..so let's not get the topic off track :)

and Finally even if it is true that ships are dumping radioactive barrels there, don't you think all this world attention and having so many international ships in Somalian waters would be a good idea?

Good idea for what?..revealing the dumping sights for example?..such a *rosy* matter would this be!..if anything..it is most likely to cover up the damage done..recruit some traitors and collaborators..and of course..why not find more Somali resources to *bulgarize* along the way?

If it's true that italian mafia is dumping something there, then having foreign ships close by would be beneficial to Somalians, since somalian small boats can not control waters effectively.

I'm sorry but the ships near Somalian coasts are not exactly the Carnival Cruiseships with tourists snapping pictures of the awesome sights they're seeing!..how in the world would Somalians benefit? whether they got small boats..medium boats..or no boats..the presence of ships in these coasts without prior agreement with the Republic of Somalia..is a breach of its sovereignty..that is reason enough for any Somali to *object* and do what it takes to deter those committing this breach from committing in again

Or you want to say now that there is international conspiracy to assist italian mafia. C'mon, see things for what they are, not what you would like them to be.

The Italian mafias nothing on the mafia leaders we know as president this..prime-minister that..and king this and that..and nobody likes to see things in a gloomy and ghastly vision..but when you see..hear..and witness lies day in day out..you begin to develop an analytical sense of events and you see things as they are..especially if you confirm your analyzations with thorough research and past experiences...need I to mention the Mosad & CIA sponsored militias in Iraq REVEALED time and time again?..

Pirating in Somalia is done purely for monetary reasons because the country is so broke.

I wonder why the country is so broke..I wonder where all this HUMANITARIAN AID is going..and I wonder if hearing about 1 or 2 gangs taking ransom should be the platform from which we declare the assumption that pirating in Somalia is done purely for monetary reasons..I guarantee you we wouldn't hear about this issue *altogether* if something wasn't *up*..and people are getting distracted from an issue much more important..it happens every time..you just have to give it a few months or a couple of years...

Let's not jump to believe what we want to believe, like the ignorant ones do among non-muslims when they form their opinions about Islam and Muslims. Let's look at things a little bit deeper. So called pirates should not ask for ransom, but to try to prove to the world that there are illigal activities and ask for international help to fight the criminals.

I don't understand how they can go ask for the help of the same people causing all the mess..every urgency demands an action..and if pirating and holding people hostage to put a scare into those causing harm to the Somalis..then can we really make any sort of blame?..we're not jumping into anything here..we are actually looking deeper..because when I (and many others) hear the news about pirating we *wonder* why it's put under such a big spotlight and *what* provoked it..when we get researches and people from *within* speak of *the reality* of the situation..then we get the answers to our *deep questions*

I'm sorry but it reminds me times of jahiliya before Islam when it was very unsafe to travel because pagan tribes would kill and rob. Only the coming of Islam fixed that. This is what should be happening in Somalia. Even Islamic court or other Islamic authorities I think criticized pirates.

People of Al-Jahiliyah..were uncivil and practically barbaric..they attacked anybody who is anybody..and back then..even *these very people* had some ethics and morals and they exhumed them when and where they were demanded..now..think of a couple of the current regimes..and tell me if you can claim the same thing regarding them!

I didn't mean to offend anyone, please feel free to correct me where I was wrong.

Everyone stands to be corrected..we are not infallible..especially in our point of views..but sometimes..things are just so clear..there isn't much room for one to make an opinion or give a perspective and oblique through with it

:wasalam:

Musulmanin

It's interesting how some Somalians wish for Islamic court or other Islamic authorities to take control of Somalia, but do not take their side against piracy. Some of you here, surely against piracy and yet do not call it criminal activities as Islamic court called it. I posted an article above, there are lots of articles about how Islamic court was saying that if they take control piracy would be gone and punished.

So why don't people stick to the Islamic court on this issue?

I'm familiar with some criminals ( in some muslim lands) at first taking foreign or non-muslim properties, rob, and keep hostages. But soon after appetite begins to grow these criminals jump into kidnapping muslims or anybody for money. I'm worried this could happen in Somalian land, if it hasn't already.

When criminals among us do crimes, they should be stopped.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

I'm not saying that there is no way someone is dumping radioactive wastes. If not western ,There are muslim medias, governments to assist to conduct research and publish results

Akhi..can you please name me one or two independent..non-government monitored/controlled media?..turns out even the good ol' Aljazeera is now known to have been influenced (and still is) by the Qatari government..and did you forget that practically all the governments are employees for the world super powers?...even humanitarian organizations seem to *pick & choose* where their *compassion* and *aid* should be focused..

There seems to be a very rosy view of the Muslim governments...5000 people died and Gaza..and all we heard was *condemnations*..mind you many didn't even make the effort to say *anything*..1,000,000 Iraqis killed and 4,000,000 Iraqis left Iraq and nobody says anything..now..do you want them to send *researchers*..*medias*..and *scientists* to help with the problem of Somalia?

What I am about to say is quite blunt..but I wouldn't be surprised if some regimes wish that Somalia be obliterated off the face of earth so they would have ONE LESS THING to worry about!

I apologize if I seem like I am going after you akhi..that's not the case at all..but sometimes..seeing this *much hope* in a *hopeless group of power-hungry bandits* makes me wonder if anyone has reviewed history and pays attention deeper than what is required

Musulmanin

I apologize if I seem like I am going after you akhi..that's not the case at all..

Ukhti, I know you are not going after me :) I welcome constructive criticism. I know many somalians and problems in Somalia are not foreign to me as a muslim and as a friend of my somalian brothers and sisters.

I'm familiar what what lawlessness could lead to. And piracy in Somalian waters is only the beginning if Muslims don't stop it and try to dig into the problem.

I'm pretty sure Somalians abroad should try to involve non-government environmental agencies ( like GreenPeace maybe) to look into the radioactive problem. I don't think it's totally impossable, since these agencies fight even their own countries all the time on environmental issues.

Musulmanin

lol @ greenpeace... I can't comment on any of this, subhanallah.

Please first tell me that Somalians abroad tried to invovle environmental agencies and were turned down. I don't know, but would like to be shown if they tried.

Greenpeace or any other environmental agency, or you would claim that there is no environmental agency willing to probe the claim of radioactive dumping?

If radioactive waste dumping is a reason ships taken hostage, don't you think it would be prudent to prove the claim?

Don't you think that fisherman's or pirate's claim ( without solid proof) of radioactive dumping may seem more "LOL" to people as a reason to take others hostage?

Also dumping radioactive wastes in the same waters where they illigally catch fish does't make sense. There could be one of two, but it's hard to believe they would dump wastes and then fish there. Allahu Alim.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

I'm so shocked, we are been told lies againts innocent people. we are fools to beleive a hypocrite. i'm so depressed.:(
jazak Allahu khayra brother for sharing.

wasalam

Idris16

''Piracy'' started after they couldn't fish in peace! After all why did the ''piracy'' start in 21st century but not 20th century?

Musulmanin

I would like to ask a few questions:

First, are you Somalian or Muslim first?

I think as a Somalian first one would be more inclined towards national interests rather than whether something is Islamically right.

More questions: Did Muhammad (s.a.w) ever did something like it or did any of his companians did these acts? Did Muhammad take hostages for ransom when Muslims were 3 years in the desert starving?

If national interest is more important than the way of the Prophet (saw), then I will say nothing.

But if one claims to be a Muslim first, I wonder if he/she can answer the questions above. Thank you.

Idris16

I'm Somali brother but have never been in Somalia:)
And I see myself as a Muslim and I'm not a nationalist!

Musulmanin

Salaam,

Here is further evidence by those who questioned my source:

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2008/10/2008109174223218644.html

Jazakallah khair for the link. May Allah (swt) sort this out.

"Ould-Abdallah said piracy will not prevent waste dumping.

"The intentions of these pirates are not concerned with protecting their environment," he said.

"What is ultimately needed is a functioning, effective government that will get its act together and take control of its affairs." "

Toya23

OK

Thanks for this post. I didnt really know what was going on. I saw this issue in the news every now and then but I didnt pay much attention to it. I thought everybody's posts were really good and an eye opener. Its so true, there are two sides to every story and sometimes we forget that. I read the first post and I believed it right away, but after reading what others had to say I realized that there is some truth in what they are saying also. So we should really question things before we accept it as truth. Is that not what we are taught in Islam? Inshallah I will start questioning things more and not just listen to one side of the story.
Thank you

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

For those unaware, in the same Horn of Africa and Gulf of Oman area, there have been problems for centuries. European ships going there under some lame excuses, only to fill up their pockets and barrels... Oh and akhi, if you haven't realised already, the Italian Mafia bit was a joke.

Was-salaam