SLEEP

hafeezanwar

SLEEP

Good health rests on a good night’s sleep. When you wake up rested, you are ready to take on the day! Your body needs enough rest to work right. In fact, getting enough sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health, along with eating right and getting enough exercise.

Changes to our sleep patterns are a part of the normal aging process. As we age we tend to have a harder time falling asleep and more trouble staying asleep – which is a problem because research shows that our sleep needs remain constant throughout adulthood and that it is a misconception to think that sleep needs decline as we get older.

So what is keeping us awake?

1. Changes in the patterns of our sleep (as we age we tend to spend more time in the lighter stages of sleep vs. deep sleep).
2. Changes in internal rhythm cycles that coordinate the timing of our bodily functions.
3. Increase in the number of times we wake up at night related to various factors.
4. Chronic pain brought on by health conditions such as arthritis, heartburn or heart disease.
5. Restless legs or muscle spasms.
6. Snoring.
7. Depression.
8. Stress.
9. Social or recreational drug use – caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
10. Environmental noise – television, radio, street noise, etc.
11. Poor bed/mattress condition.
12. Poor scheduling – eating and/or exercising too late, napping too long/often during day.

Tips to sleep better

1. Avoid watching TV, eating and discussing emotional issues in bed.
2. Minimize noise, light and temperature extremes in the bedroom.
3. Try not to drink fluids after 8 pm.
4. Avoid naps or take short ones (no more than 25 minutes).
5. Don’t smoke near bedtime.
6. Don’t drink caffeine at least four hours before bedtime.
7. Avoid eating, exercising before bedtime.
8. Lose weight and exercise regularly to decrease snoring, sleep apnea and other chronic conditions that affect sleep.
9. Don’t ignore depression – seek help from family, friends or a professional.
10. Reduce stress by practicing meditation or performing relaxation exercises before bedtime. Look into aromatherapy and how these things can help.
11. If despite your efforts nothing seems to work, talk to your doctor about other options you might consider.

Don’t deprive yourself of the sleep you need. Remember, everything seems a little better after a good night’s rest!

islamisthesolution

:salam2:

this nap thing is impossible but i find this really beneficial .

such great threads you share with s .

jazaka Allahu khran kathiran

naaad

mu'minah
Salaam

thanx for sharing brother...
i really get least sleep... and once i wake due to any reason, can't sleep again till the next sleeping time..... :(
conclusion: SLEEP has no order or measure in my life!

anyways, all of u "Sleep Well" :)

jundulah

SLEEP

Good health rests on a good night’s sleep. When you wake up rested, you are ready to take on the day! Your body needs enough rest to work right. In fact, getting enough sleep is one of the most important things you can do for your health, along with eating right and getting enough exercise.

Changes to our sleep patterns are a part of the normal aging process. As we age we tend to have a harder time falling asleep and more trouble staying asleep – which is a problem because research shows that our sleep needs remain constant throughout adulthood and that it is a misconception to think that sleep needs decline as we get older.

So what is keeping us awake?

1. Changes in the patterns of our sleep (as we age we tend to spend more time in the lighter stages of sleep vs. deep sleep).
2. Changes in internal rhythm cycles that coordinate the timing of our bodily functions.
3. Increase in the number of times we wake up at night related to various factors.
4. Chronic pain brought on by health conditions such as arthritis, heartburn or heart disease.
5. Restless legs or muscle spasms.
6. Snoring.
7. Depression.
8. Stress.
9. Social or recreational drug use – caffeine, nicotine and alcohol.
10. Environmental noise – television, radio, street noise, etc.
11. Poor bed/mattress condition.
12. Poor scheduling – eating and/or exercising too late, napping too long/often during day.

Tips to sleep better

1. Avoid watching TV, eating and discussing emotional issues in bed.
2. Minimize noise, light and temperature extremes in the bedroom.
3. Try not to drink fluids after 8 pm.
4. Avoid naps or take short ones (no more than 25 minutes).
5. Don’t smoke near bedtime.
6. Don’t drink caffeine at least four hours before bedtime.
7. Avoid eating, exercising before bedtime.
8. Lose weight and exercise regularly to decrease snoring, sleep apnea and other chronic conditions that affect sleep.
9. Don’t ignore depression – seek help from family, friends or a professional.
10. Reduce stress by practicing meditation or performing relaxation exercises before bedtime. Look into aromatherapy,
music or yoga and how these things can help.
11. If despite your efforts nothing seems to work, talk to your doctor about other options you might consider.

Don’t deprive yourself of the sleep you need. Remember, everything seems a little better after a good night’s rest!
may ALLAH bless you for the info. But i have isue with number 10 of th "tips section" you say and i quote ;look into aromatherapy,music or yoga.
This contradicts with the SHARIA therefore unacceptable.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
thank you for sharing beautiful information
:( its sad thou i have to usually stay up very late to study and i work night shifts :(

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
jazkallahu khaiyr for sharing
I stay up all night i can't sleep until very late sadly:(
:wasalam:

mayah

may ALLAH bless you for the info. But i have isue with number 10 of th "tips section" you say and i quote ;look into aromatherapy,music or yoga.
This contradicts with the SHARIA therefore unacceptable.

true..i agree.yoga is haraam.It's better if we zikr before we close our eyes.

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Our Prophet (PBUH) used to sleep right after Al-Isha prayer, For two thirds of the night at most. And he always took a nap at afternoons after lunch for at least 15 minutes.
And thats all the sleeping we need each day, to stay in a good and healthy condition.

pcozzy

this has been a real difficult thing for me,

I study and I love what I am learning to a point, I can't rest a minute from it.

The only break I take is obligations and then when I come here to tti, but then again tti is not necessarily a break, for I have benefited a few things.

may Allah protect and forgive us from the harm that we do to ourselves.

:wasalam: