Question about beard

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2:
me and my friend were talking and just a question arose in my mind, I know according to sunna, the facial hair should have beard no mustache, and the beard length would be a group of ur fist,

but alot of ppl have beard different what about those? and what about stuff like goatee are those beard too? or part of it?

thank you

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
Salam Alaikum wa rahmatullah!

Yeah, I wonder the same thing, I'm so curious since I've heard a lecuterer say that we should grow our beard, our prophet (pbuh) had a long beard but according to Bilal Philips the Sahaba had a short one, a fist long. I'd also like some reference, cause I'm so confused.

Salam Alaikum wa rahmatullah!

daywalker

but alot of ppl have beard different what about those? and what about stuff like goatee are those beard too? or part of it?
:salam2: washing hand is fard for wudu. those who dont have hands, is their wudu valid? Indeed its valid. If people have goatee or cant let grow which is natural, then it is sunnah for him.

IslamicGirl24

Hair growth varies in different people....Generally, it happens that those men who grow a beard later on (after shaving many times) have larger beards whereas those who start to grow it at a young age without shaving even once or very few times have shorter beards... you knew that, right??

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: washing hand is fard for wudu. those who dont have hands, is their wudu valid? Indeed its valid. If people have goatee or cant let grow which is natural, then it is sunnah for him.

but what about people that can grow beard but have a goatee ?

i know this is stupid :( but when i use to work at a pizza place they wanted clear shave and in western society they are not so polite to ppl with beard :(

IslamicGirl24

I agree but if they shave to "specifically" make it a goatee then the Sunnah is lost in it, right sister daywalker?

B-R-R

Purifying my soul!
SAlam

I forgot to add if anyone has any hadiths on beards?
Those are highly appreciated

daywalker

Brother, then it means that they doing this as a "fashion".... and definitely it will NOT be a beard even if they say it is...
he didn´t mean goatee as fashion, what u understood it was frenchbeard.

frenchbeard is fashion , and goatee is the type of malaysian and indonessian brothers beard.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
he didn´t mean goatee as fashion, what u understood it was frenchbeard.

frenchbeard is fashion , and goatee is the type of malaysian and indonessian brothers beard.

i do have goatee as something cuz i dont like clean shave, but i can fully grow beard not a problem which maybe i shud but :( they look at you and it really lowers ur chance of a job anywhere

daywalker

i do have goatee as something cuz i dont like clean shave, but i can fully grow beard not a problem which maybe i shud but :( they look at you and it really lowers ur chance of a job anywhere
:salam2: though situation seems to be opposite of our wish. but this is the time to learn that Allah does everything, the heart of Kuffar is also controled by Allah. if Allah is in our favour, who can stop us to give a job? High and low depends on you, if Allah is pleased at us , high or low doesnt matter.

but try to study hard inshallah, if u got good results, inshallah you will get good job.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
:salam2: though situation seems to be opposite of our wish. but this is the time to learn that Allah does everything, the heart of Kuffar is also controled by Allah. if Allah is in our favour, who can stop us to give a job? High and low depends on you, if Allah is pleased at us , high or low doesnt matter.

but try to study hard inshallah, if u got good results, inshallah you will get good job.

brother you are right Allah (swt) comes first i rather die of hunger than have Allah (swt) displeased with me

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
What is the ruling on shaving the beard or removing part of it?

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.” According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.” There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.” (Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].”

Is it haraam (to shave it)? Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “The Qur’aan, Sunnah and ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) all indicate that we must differ from the kuffaar in all aspects and not imitate them, because imitating them on the outside will make us imitate them in their bad deeds and habits, and even in beliefs, which will result in befriending them in our hearts, just as loving them in our hearts will lead to imitating them on the outside. Al-Tirmidhi reported that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “He is not one of us who imitates people other than us. Do not imitate the Jews and Christians.” According to another version: “Whoever imitates a people is one of them.” (Reported by Imaam Ahmad) ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab rejected the testimony of the person who plucked his beard. Imaam Ibn ‘Abd al-Barr said in al-Tamheed: “It is forbidden to shave the beard, and no one does this except men who are effeminate” i.e., those who imitate women. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) had a thick beard (reported by Muslim from Jaabir). It is not permitted to remove any part of the beard because of the general meaning of the texts which forbid doing so.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/1189/beard

IbnAhmad

salaam

errrm i heard 'sheikh yusuf estetes' and he said...'Allah grows the beard and your job is to NOT to shave it'....obviously some people are hairier then others so some people's beard don't grow as long etc...but if it does you aint suppose to mess about with it... and obviously you cant jsut grow a gotee..i would think you obviously have you mess with your beard in order to grow a gotee...

allah knows best..

:) :)

wassalam

yakubpasha

Asak,

This is a not a debatable point at all.. Beard has to be long like you said brother Shaheer. Imitating Jews and Christians is not allowed. Goatees etc are not allowed.

Beard according to DR Zakir Naik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYe-CXxgTRk&feature=related

There are various hadith that testify to this(BEARD) in Bukhari, Muslim, Tirmidhi and others. The Muslims are told to be different from the Mushrikeen by trimming the moustache and growing the beard; prophet Muhammad (saw) will turn his face away from the one without a beard on Yawmul Qiyammah; there's also another hadith in Bukhari that prohibits removing the hair on the sides of your face.

Is having Beard Fard or Sunnah???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKJsUX7WhaY

Imaam Ahmad Bin Hanbal, Imaam Abu Hanifah and Ath-Thawri (Rahimahullah) said "All agreed that if the beard is removed, it is an act of mutilation. If someone was to remove an other mans beard by force he would have to pay the full "diyah" or blood money for this cruel act just as if he had removed an eye or a limb of the victum." This is based upon the Sahih Hadith from Imaam Bukhari "Rasulllah (Sallallaahu alayhi Wasallam) forbade robbing and taking propery by force and he forbade mutilation ." Imaam Ahmed Bin hanbal and Imaam Abu Hanifah agreed this includes a mans beard.(Sahih Bukhari)

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error” al-Ahzaab 33:36

“He who obeys the Messenger has indeed obeyed Allah.” (An Nisaa 4:80)