Gelatin is Halaal - Please Read!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
AuA,

Please dont spread such information which causes doubts for muslims. And do not make them too luxarious to eat Gellatin instead of simple meals.

Who told you not eating Gellatin is Zulm? Is it some natural product given by Allah?

When there is a lot of clean water available to drink then How about distilling water from gutter and then drinking it? My question looks absured, right? But this is to open your eyes as why to obtain gellatin from pork and dead animals when we can obtain by slautring halal animals and we can use pectin from fruits as well as there is Guargum available???

While proving your point, you forget about the very very main and simple rule of Islam i.e. If you have doubt about anything then its better to leave it.

While you point that it is Zulm (cruelty) to make those things Haram which are Halal. This Amr (Order) is about those things which are very very openly known to be halal, and are directly from Halal sources blessed by Allah (SWT). Such as Fruits , Milk, Vegatables, Grains etc.

WHAT IS THE THING WHICH CAUSED MAXIMUM DAMANGE TO MUSLIMS UMMAH? THAT IS "JUSTIFICATIONS" FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR WRONG OR LAZY DEEDS. THEY WANT TO MAKE THEIR LIFE EASY, EASIER AND EASIER.

There was that Sahabi (Awais Qerni RAA) who broke his all teeth when he heard about the Shahaadat of one tooth of Prophet (SAW). There were Sahabis who used to wait for the day of Jummah. They did not have anything to eat. So on the day of Jummah one muslim women used to cook some beets and offer them to eat. They ate them assuming these are pieces of meat. Rest of the days they used to be hungry for long long times.
And here comes a "Muslim Brother" with a fatwaa not not to make our life difficult and to let the Muslim Ummah enjoy the Jellies and Marmalades and sleep sweet naps, while our millions of brothers and sisters are hungry, are being killed and raped.

<ENJOY JELLY>

Wassalaam,

RyanH001

Gelatin is Halal?

Asalamu Alaikum
He does explain a valid point. "Its not what it was, but what it is!"
How ever in the statement which makes it valid and Invalid, The vinegar from wine. Think about it brothers and sisters, wine was made from somthing halal (fruit) and in which transformed into a haraam form (Alcohol) then to Vinegar. The reason why it says do not make vinegar, because you are involved with that which is haraam. But you are allowed to use it, because it came (its very first source) was halal!
Gelatin which is used from swine or pig, has been impure from the start. how ever gelatin that is used from other animals that have the chance to become halal isn't so much the issue. The Pork/Swine is haraam and always will be haraam, and the gelatin that comes from pork/swine will remain haraam because its source is impure.
Thats my thoughts.
:)
Wasalamu alaikum

RyanH001

The reason why it says do not make vinegar, because you are involved with that which is haraam. But you are allowed to use it, because it came (its very first source) was halal!

I meant to say, "Do not make vinegar because its from alcohol which is haraam,(That which we should not be involved with) but if it is made its allowed to be used because its source of it all (fruit) is halal."

Submitter

:salam2:

There is just too much doubt here so personally I will stay away from the stuff as I have always done.

Wasalam

slave.of.AllahSW

AssalamoAlaikum warehmatullahe wabarakatuho,
Im not going to get into this discussion. Im no scholar nor a Mufti to make a fatwah here. I was just wnodering, why cant we eat gelatin comming from plant sources. I know Jello brand makes products (some of them) from plant gelatin. If anything, it is always better to call the toll free number on the product and ask about the ingredients. plus im sure you all know most of the products are classified as... 'K' ( kosher) or 'U' (universal) or 'D' (dairy) 'M' (Muslim) etc, If they are one of them. otherwise they are not labeled. Jello and many other brands have 'K' labeled on the box. I believe if you read the ingredients listed on jello brand products, it says (plant) next to gelatin. But it is always better to call and find out. there is also the Muslim Consumer Group. they list most products in the market.

here is the link to their website.

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/General.do?menu=Home&eventAction=init

I hope this will be beneficial to someone.

jazakallahu khairun

SHAH01

MY POINT

assalamualaikum,
FOR ME PIG IS PIG AND I PNLY EA WAT ALLAH HAS CLEARLY SED IS LAWFUL AND AVOID WAT IS NOT LAWFUL, ITS FUNNY HOW PPL WILL NOWADAYS LOWER THEMSELVES AT SUCH A STAGE 2 JUSTIFY A FOOD ALLAH HAS DECLARED CLEARLY HARAAM AS HALAL FOR THEIR OWN PLEASURE SO THEY CAN FOOL OTHERS WITH THEM! I AS A MUSLIM AND A STRICT BELIEVER DONT CARE WHOM SES SUCH A STUPID THING SUCH AS THAT TALK THE SO CALLED "HIGHLY RANKED" SCHOLAR GAVE ON HALAL AND HARAAM, I NO WAT IS HALAL AND HARAAM AND I KNOW WAT IS GOOD AND BAD! THE CLEAR FACT IS BROVAS HU EAT GELATIN UR EATIN A PIG WHICHES FOOD IS ITS OWN EXCRETE!!! IF U THINK IM BEING A BIT 2 EXTREME WELL U CAN TELL ALLAH ON DE DAY OF JUDGEMENT "OH SORRY ALLAH I DDNT WANT 2 BE TO EXTREME IN THE YOUR RELIEGION".

ASSALAMUALAIKUM

haris

Patience
ASlam O alikum

I agree with sister samiha. If there is wnough doubt in something it is better to just leave it. We have so many other options.

Wsalam

Marwa17

ya...sis samiha's point was really the only thing that made since from you guys were saying....everyone it's not that big of a deal...seriously!!!!!!!!!!!...whether you consider gelatin to be halal or haram they have enough non gelatin and halal gelatin subsitutes stuff in the world for us not to starve...lol...
for me, i have never knowingly eaten gelatin, so sis thanks for the post but i think i'll stick to what i was doing before...also, gelatin's not good for you...most of the foods it's in are sugary...eat an apple...lol

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

I've seen the original source for this... however, remember that there is genuine differing on the subject, so let's not bash at each opinion... Please people confine your speech to that of the prominent scholars, for they are the one's who give better justice (than our ignorant selves).

Status
Not open for further replies.