how many surahs you have memorised?

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:,

i was wondering how much Quran have muslims in this forum memorised.

alhumdulillah, i have memorised 40 surahs.

Sanaa01

Muslima
:salam2:

MashaAllah brother 40 surah that's great

I have memorized 32 surah alhamdolillah but I need to make time to memorize more surat inshaAllah

:wasalam:

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

I don't think asking these questions is appropriate.
Leave what you have memorised between you and Allaah and strive to do more.
Sometimes these things lead to ar-Riya (showing off), and we know that ar-Riya is a form of minor shirk.
For example; someone may have memorised 40 surat, mashaa'Allaah very good, but someone else sees this and thinks "hmmm, well I've memorised half the Qur'an" and then he adds his bit. Then someone sees that and thinks "hmmm, I've memorised the entire Qur'an" and he adds that, and so on.

Just a reminder.

sister amina

MEMORISING THE QURAN
Assalamualaikum

:salam2:,

i was wondering how much Quran have muslims in this forum memorised.

alhumdulillah, i have memorised 40 surahs.

Mashallah and tabarakallah to every who has memorised even a single surah.pray for me everyone that i finish my hifdh this year.may allah guide us all.ameen

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I do not want to mention how many Surahs i know, whether I pray Qiyam al-Layl every night or not, whether I fast every Monday and Thursday or not, whether I donate and help my brothers and sisters often or not. These things make me really uncomfortable if I tell people unless in very rare situations like when a person asks me privately. Mostly my family do ask such questions and I answer. However, in puplic, a BIG NO.

No offense my dear brother Ahmed. I just wanted to tell my thinking and situation. Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, Innamal A'maalu Binniyyaat. ('Amal is based upon intention).

So when I say I have done so and so, my intention might be to encourage others to do so and so what I did because that is good. So that is a good intention. However, if my intention is to show others how good I am, that is al-Riya.

Therefore the best way I can think of is to prevent saying such things in public, and try not to tell in private also, unless we are asked.

Once again forgive me my respected brother if my words seems offensive to you. It is not my intention. I just have talked in general.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

I do not want to mention how many Surahs i know, whether I pray Qiyam al-Layl every night or not, whether I fast every Monday and Thursday or not, whether I donate and help my brothers and sisters often or not. These things make me really uncomfortable if I tell people unless in very rare situations like when a person asks me privately. Mostly my family do ask such questions and I answer. However, in puplic, a BIG NO.

No offense my dear brother Ahmed. I just wanted to tell my thinking and situation. Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, Innamal A'maalu Binniyyaat. ('Amal is based upon intention).

So when I say I have done so and so, my intention might be to encourage others to do so and so what I did because that is good. So that is a good intention. However, if my intention is to show others how good I am, that is al-Riya.

Therefore the best way I can think of is to prevent saying such things in public, and try not to tell in private also, unless we are asked.

Once again forgive me my respected brother if my words seems offensive to you. It is not my intention. I just have talked in general.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

jazaak Allah khair for ur advice.

the intention was not to show-off but just to know that how much muslims are putting their effort in memorising Quran.

we hardly know each other, so i thinik ar-riya is minimum on forums. if i walk on the steet, nobody will recognise me...so he's the one who memorised so much of Quran!

but i'll avoid such posts in future...insha'allah

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
jazaak Allah khair for ur advice.

the intention was not to show-off but just to know that how much muslims are putting their effort in memorising Quran.

we hardly know each other, so i thinik ar-riya is minimum on forums. if i walk on the steet, nobody will recognise me...so he's the one who memorised so much of Quran!

but i'll avoid such posts in future...insha'allah

cool post brother