Hi

The Skeptic

Hi everyone,

I was asked by a friend of mine to visit this site to learn about Islam. I'm a fairly open person, so I figured I'd check this place out. I'm an Atheist, and I have friends of many different beliefs. The friend that asked me to come here, her and I get into deep conversations sometimes regarding faith and all that Jazz. Shes a Muslim, and she wears the hijab, and is pretty conservative when it comes to practicing her faith. After much frustration from talking about faith, she ended up just referring couple of websites to me where I can learn-this was one of them. As I said before, I'm an open person, so I registered here. I look forward to what this site has to offer.

Thanks!

ruki4eva

Muslim Unity...
welcome to the site
hope you benefit from it inshaAllah
you will learn about islam:) inshaAllah
May Allah guide you and us all Ameen
enjoy your stay

Abdullah77

Hi
Stick with this website for a while and you will know what a muslim believes and does not believe.
We believe that there is an all powerful one who created every thing and we worship him.
And we do not worship any of his creation.

gazkour

Greetings of peace

Welcome to the TTI. I wish all atheists were as open as you. Just the fact of you registering here is quite telling. May this site be benefitial to you.

People searching for knowledge are always welcome here.

Peace.

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Hi there,

Welcome!
It's a good place to learn about Islam. Surely, you will benefit from this site. It has A LOT to offer to you, my dear. Happy learning; something different! Enjoy your stay.

Peace/Salaam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Hello & Welcome to TTI

I think the sections below from TTI will be of much benefit to you...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11 <<< Introductory information about Islam

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15 <<< About the concept of Belief & Monotheism in Islam

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16 <<< About The Qura'an

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17 <<< About The Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45 <<< About The Hadith (Sayings & Traditions of The Prophet..peace be upon him)

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23 <<< About the day of judgement, and life after death

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18 <<< About the common misconceptions about Islam

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20 <<< About prayer and supplication in Islam (you'll learn about the why & the how and what not)

Also..

The *Lounge Section* & the *Discussions Section* are EXCELLENT for posting any questions you may have regarding anything relating to Islam..as they both have the highest hits by members and guests alike..the brothers and the sisters here are very good about answering questions..some even have good background knowledge in other monotheistic religions and non-religious beliefs (such as agnosticism & atheism)..so feel free to ask questions as NONE are left unanswered here :)

Good Luck & Welcome again :)

:wasalam:

a_stranger

You are most welcome : Islam can contain the whole humanity by love and blessings. :SMILY206::):lol::SMILY346::SMILY259::muslima::SMILY139::redface::eek::SMILY33::jumpclap::SMILY231::tongue:;):biggrin::arabi1::D:SMILY29:

The Skeptic

Thank you for the kind welcome everyone! I'm glad to see that as an Atheist, I can be welcomed kindly rather than harshly as I have experienced with numerous other religious folks.

As far as Islam goes, I have a very thorough knowledge of Islam as I have few members of my family who are Muslims (my father and his side of the family, and my half sister). I studied the Quran when I was younger and also during my freshman and sophomore years during college. I know the basic teachings of Islam and know what the Quran and the Hadiths, and contains. I'm also aware of Taffsirs. I think due to this, I have a broader understanding of religion-especially Islam than most Non-Muslims.

The questions I have are not really very 'Islam' specific, there are more philosophical ones. I'm a philosophy major.

I'll ask my questions soon enough in newer forum threads.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

AbdAllah84

Thank you for the kind welcome everyone! I'm glad to see that as an Atheist, I can be welcomed kindly rather than harshly as I have experienced with numerous other religious folks.

As far as Islam goes, I have a very thorough knowledge of Islam as I have few members of my family who are Muslims (my father and his side of the family, and my half sister). I studied the Quran when I was younger and also during my freshman and sophomore years during college. I know the basic teachings of Islam and know what the Quran and the Hadiths, and contains. I'm also aware of Taffsirs. I think due to this, I have a broader understanding of religion-especially Islam than most Non-Muslims.

The questions I have are not really very 'Islam' specific, there are more philosophical ones. I'm a philosophy major.

Hello,

You are more than welcome. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

The Skeptic

I have found, through conversations with several atheists, that they often are in one of two camps: A camp that resents the control of God and a camp that resents the ills of this world. The first camp is best represented by Isaac Asimov, IMHO, and the second by C.E Lewis who once said, "I don't believe God exists and I'm mad at Him for not existing!!"

Thats very interesting, though I strongly disagree with you. I know what you mean though. I too have seen SOME atheists who reside in either of those camps. But it's important that you note that I emphasized the word "some." It's actually quite important to make the distinction when you are speaking of someone who has no belief in a god. Why? Simply because labeling Atheists in categories simply implies sort a dogmatic view, and that's hardly what Atheism is all about. Those observations you made, just simply tells me that there are some Atheists who have reasons to leave a religion due to personal issues, and those who have more of a humanistic reason. It's never a 50-50.

Personally speaking, I have a mixture of reasons that allows me to recognize myself as a free thinker. I'll write a thread on this topic in the future.

AbdAllah84

Personally speaking, I have a mixture of reasons that allows me to recognize myself as a free thinker. I'll write a thread on this topic in the future.

Its good to know you have an open mind, thats exactly what the Quran encourages, people to think and reflect.

massi

Hi there
welcome to TTI ...incha Allaah you learn more about Islam
how ever this introduction from atheist is a tradition to fool people who don't know how the atheist think or act in discuss ...!!!
I hope you don't belong to this kind of sect :astag::astag::astag:

Min-Fadhli-Rabii

Hi The Skeptical,
Who are the founder of logic? Did they believe in God?

The Skeptic

Hi The Skeptical,
Who are the founder of logic? Did they believe in God?

Maybe. There are some who believed in specific polytheist gods, and some who were Agnostic. Some who also were Atheists. You'll have to specify a name for me to give you an answer as to who probably believed in what.