Changing names

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
Assalamu alaykum dear brothers and sisters, I've had this question in my mind which I didnt find any answer to or come across any fatwa on this issue, It might be common sense but am not too sure so I thought I should ask the brothers or sister know about it or even anyone who had the same question. Anyway here the question goes:
Can one change the name of his wife after they get marry?, e.g. change from hayat to zainab or any other islamic name he likes, I know the prophet(s.a.w) changed the name of his wife Juwairiya after he got married to her but am just wondering if we can do that too or it was an exception for him salalahu alayhi wasallam, Also wouldn't the parents feel dishonoured if one changes the name of their daughter which they agreed to name her when she was born although the name is Islamic.
Jazakumullah khayr ikhwani.

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
I have never heard of anything that says you can't change your name but as long as it doesn't mean anything bad or goes against your belief. If you want to change her name
With her agreeing I think it's fine... As for the dishonouring part I have no clue.

Ibn_hassan

Servant of Allah
I have never heard of anything that says you can't change your name but as long as it doesn't mean anything bad or goes against your belief. If you want to change her name
With her agreeing I think it's fine... As for the dishonouring part I have no clue.

Jazakallah khayr akhy I had a doubt about the changing bit but later I thought it is Ok if she agrees Because the prophet changed the name of his wife himself and if it was exception it would be said so.