no education for women??

salam alaykum

is it true women arent allowed education according to shareah law or in other words according to Quran and Sunnah???.....
im asking cause i heard *some1*(muslim) say that....

pushtoonafgani

islam is a religion of peace and peace comes when one submits to the way prescribed by Allah.one can never know Allah's way unless one is educated.

education is obligatory upon both man and woman in islam,said prophet Muhammad peace be upon him.

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Wa aleikum salaam,

Brother Podoski and his *existantial* questions.. :)
Come on bro'.. You know better than that surely.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:salam2:

education is needed for both men and women.

when ppl leave islamic knowledge and just study secular knowledge, thats wrong and it goes for both men and women.

in some places, women are discouraged and i think the reason is proper hijab.

women not covering properly, men n women flirting with each other, to avoid that.

nowadays many colleges and uni have become places for find gf/bf and dating.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear brother....

Subuhaanallah! There are people who say that often and keeps their daughters away from 'ilm. This is an opinion which is completely against the teachings of Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).

Let us think about the following.

1) Aisha (radiyallahu ta'aala 'anh) reported 2210 hadith and she is on the 4th on the list of narrators. Many and many of the Great Sahabis and Sahabiyyahs of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) are her students.

2) Mother is the one who will be with children most of the times than a father. So think about the importance of a Mother who is educated both in Deen and other knowledge also. If she is an educated Mother, surely the children will be highly benefited to open their eyes into this World. She can teach Quran, Sunnah, Mathematics etc etc to her children and help them to get high grades in the exams of school. Help the Ummah with her knowledge by raising good children. Will there be anything better than that?

3) Islam is the religion which gave rights to women when they are treated as low as mosquitoes. Should not I say this? No. They are buried alive. They were left without food and gave severe torture. So are we going to get back those years again?

3) Same way as we need a male doctor, we need a female doctor too. As a male engineer, a female too. As a male teacher, a female too. As a male scholar, female scholars too. I can go on like this. Are those who saying not to give education to our Sisters wanting to go to a male doctor when their wives and daughters get sick? I don't think so.

Islam is the religion not only for 23 years. It is for All the people, All the times, All the places and All the age groups and gender.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Allaicomu saalam

Alhamdulillah that education how secular so Islamic too is alowed for Muslim man and women,SubhanAllah Allah gaved the same rights to women and to man.
And it is not only that it is alowed but it is recomended and obligatiory for very imporante role that Muslim women is taking in Islamic society or genereal in society Mashallah.

:wasalam:

fada_all

Subuhaanallah! There are people who say that often and keeps their daughters away from 'ilm. This is an opinion which is completely against the teachings of Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam).

1) Aisha (radiyallahu ta'aala 'anh) reported 2210 hadith and she is on the 4th on the list of narrators. Many and many of the Great Sahabis and Sahabiyyahs of Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) are her students.

2) Mother is the one who will be with children most of the times than a father. So think about the importance of a Mother who is educated both in Deen and other knowledge also. If she is an educated Mother, surely the children will be highly benefited to open their eyes into this World. She can teach Quran, Sunnah, Mathematics etc etc to her children and help them to get high grades in the exams of school. Help the Ummah with her knowledge by raising good children. Will there be anything better than that?

3) Islam is the religion which gave rights to women when they are treated as low as mosquitoes. Should not I say this? No. They are buried alive. They were left without food and gave severe torture. So are we going to get back those years again?

3) Same way as we need a male doctor, we need a female doctor too. As a male engineer, a female too. As a male teacher, a female too. As a male scholar, female scholars too. I can go on like this. Are those who saying not to give education to our Sisters wanting to go to a male doctor when their wives and daughters get sick? I don't think so.

Islam is the religion not only for 23 years. It is for All the people, All the times, All the places and All the age groups and gender.

salam alikom

masha allah good answer brother may allah reward with aljannah and all muslims

Almeftah

salam alaykum

is it true women arent allowed education according to shareah law or in other words according to Quran and Sunnah???.....
im asking cause i heard *some1*(muslim) say that....

Thats not true, Education is for both sexes. What is not allowed is for schools where both males and females study together is same classrooms.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals

:ma: good answer brother, I agree with you!
Allah hafiz NOW and ALWAYS:):hearts:

Salaam,

We must be careful with what Western media presents to us. Many of times, they want to impose THEIR "education" on us. For example, they want to teach us about pre-Islamic era. Many times, they present the Pharaoh in a positive light, when in fact the Pharaoah is a symbol of wickedness & evil. Pre-Islamic era has nothing positive, it's all jahaliya...darkness upon darkness..in fact this should make us cry and thank Allah swt for guiding us on the right path.

In Islam & sharia, both men & women have a duty & responsibility to be educated properly. The right for education in Islam sees no gender discrimination between men and women.

"....Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition." (Quran, 39:9)

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: "The Prophet said, 'He who has a slave-girl and teaches her good manners and improves her education and then manumits and marries her, will get a double reward; and any slave who observes Allah's right and his master's right will get a double reward.'

(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Manumission of Slaves, Volume 3, Book 46, Number 723)"

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam everyone,

Has anyone read this book titled 'hijaab' and is green in colour? The author is so extreme in his intepretations that I had to stop reading at one point. He said that women should never leave the house even if she wanted to seek religious ilm (because she would be considered as displaying herself to the public and he consider that as haraam).. and that parents who send children to universities are actually letting themselves burn in hell because the kids are learning from the kufaar... etc

I second what brother IbnAdam77. Anyway, knowledge is obligatory on everyone but I think if women value their work more than things like getting married, having kids.. then I say, it is wrong to do so..

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
Salaam everyone,

Has anyone read this book titled 'hijaab' and is green in colour? The author is so extreme in his intepretations that I had to stop reading at one point. He said that women should never leave the house even if she wanted to seek religious ilm (because she would be considered as displaying herself to the public and he consider that as haraam).. and that parents who send children to universities are actually letting themselves burn in hell because the kids are learning from the kufaar... etc

I second what brother IbnAdam77. Anyway, knowledge is obligatory on everyone but I think if women value their work more than things like getting married, having kids.. then I say, it is wrong to do so..

Who is the author ?

muslimeen1989

Thats not true, Education is for both sexes. What is not allowed is for schools where both males and females study together is same classrooms.

Is this haraam then? can you show me proof please i didnt know this :astag: may Allah forgive me, i am in secular education now and classes are mixed? what can i do :shymuslima1:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Salaam,

We must be careful with what Western media presents to us. Many of times, they want to impose THEIR "education" on us. For example, they want to teach us about pre-Islamic era. Many times, they present the Pharaoh in a positive light, when in fact the Pharaoah is a symbol of wickedness & evil. Pre-Islamic era has nothing positive, it's all jahaliya...darkness upon darkness..in fact this should make us cry and thank Allah swt for guiding us on the right path.

In Islam & sharia, both men & women have a duty & responsibility to be educated properly. The right for education in Islam sees no gender discrimination between men and women.

"....Are those equal, those who know and those who do not know? It is those who are endued with understanding that receive admonition." (Quran, 39:9)

Narrated Abu Musa Al-Ashari: "The Prophet said, 'He who has a slave-girl and teaches her good manners and improves her education and then manumits and marries her, will get a double reward; and any slave who observes Allah's right and his master's right will get a double reward.'

(Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Manumission of Slaves, Volume 3, Book 46, Number 723)"

assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

That is so true indeed. JazakAllahu khair my respected brother.

Nurain

Asalamu alaykum

Send our kids to good schools with good teachers who emphasise on Tawheed and do not disrupt the fitrah of humans (ie secular schools). Secular schools teach shirk and what will happen to our kids then.

There is none born but is created to his true nature (Islam). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Magian quite as beasts produce their young with their limbs perfect. Do you see anything deficient in them? Then he quoted the Qur'an., The nature made by Allah in which He has created men there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right religion" Sahih Muslim, Book 33, Number 6423

Almeftah

Is this haraam then? can you show me proof please i didnt know this :astag: may Allah forgive me, i am in secular education now and classes are mixed? what can i do :shymuslima1:

many muslim schools have mixed classrooms, Its ok to sit on a seperate chair with a seperate desk, what i meant is That men and women should not sit close to eachother like we see in many collages.

Almeftah

Asalamu alaykum

Send our kids to good schools with good teachers who emphasise on Tawheed and do not disrupt the fitrah of humans (ie secular schools). Secular schools teach shirk and what will happen to our kids then.

There is none born but is created to his true nature (Islam). It is his parents who make him a Jew or a Christian or a Magian quite as beasts produce their young with their limbs perfect. Do you see anything deficient in them? Then he quoted the Qur'an., The nature made by Allah in which He has created men there is no altering of Allah's creation; that is the right religion" Sahih Muslim, Book 33, Number 6423

You are right, secularism is Kufr..

Islam should be part of everything we say or do.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

in Islam, things leading to haraam becomes haraam itself.

when men and women go to same uni. it becomes difficult for both of them not to desire to have a talk and friendship with the other sex.

one of the main reason for pre-marital affairs is mixed schooling.

but its the duty of the government and the society to have seperate schools like in saudi arabia.

but some ppl are helpless (like u) as they cant do anything. the advice is to keep distance frm opposite gender and seeking Allah's help and forgiveness.

and Allah knows best