Questions for Somalia?

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
I wish there is someone who is a Somali here to answer these questions, 'cause I only read this is in the news. Why is it the transitional government of Somalia is more aligned to the Ethiopians (based on history, these two countries are enemies to each other) than their brother in faiths from the Union of Islamic Courts which are majority Somalis? If there is a majority backing of people of Somalia for the Unions (based on the news, when the Unions took control of the country, life became better than when it it is ruled by warlords), then why this weak government who has no majority backing from their own people is not supportive to the Unions? Are they against Islamic way of life or not? Because behavior tells them that they are against it since they are imposing their own rule and they are seems aligned to the same people (warlords) who once tore apart the whole country.

young muslimaah

servant of allah
:salam2: brother alibanez

well the transitional government of Somalia wants to have power but it seems that the somali civillians don't want them so now they want to get help from the ethiopians. ethiopians hate somalians because they are muslims and the reason they want to help the transitional government of Somalia is because they want that somalia falls apart and that they don't ever become a unified country. The Islamic court wants that somalia becomes peaceful, united just like in the past (17 yrs ago) and more Islamic because that is the main point as you all know somalia is 100% muslim

this is just like the situation in Palestine you know the conflict between palestine and israel.
May Allah help Somalia , Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya and all the muslims around the world amiin :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

aamed

Salamu Alekum Warahamatullahi Wabarakatum.

The Reason Ethiopian Troops Invated Somalia is the work of American's Proxy War and its recklessone.

The United States opposes the Islamic Courts, saying they support terrorism, but the only “proof” of this inclination is a misinformation campaign that included a forged letter, along the lines of the one that detailed Iraq’s attempt to buy yellowcake from Niger, that predicted imminent suicide bombings and assassinations by Courts’ followers in Kenya and Ethiopia.

There are some U.I.C. members who have a terror history, but their collective pool of terror acts is dwarfed by the terrorism of the warlords the U.S. has been supporting in a blatant violation of a U.N. arms embargo on Somalia.

If this war continues, it will affect the whole region and also do serious harm to U.S. interests and threaten Kenya, the only island of stability in this corner of Africa. Ethiopia is at even greater risk as a dictatorship with little popular support and beset also by large internal revolts. It is also mired in a conflict with Eritrea, which has denied it secure access to seaports that it now seeks in Somalia.

The best antidote to terrorism in Somalia is stability, which the Islamic Courts have provided. The Islamists have strong public support, which has grown in the face of U.S. and Ethiopian interventions. As in other Muslim-Western conflicts, the world needs to engage with the Islamists to secure peace.

The transitional government, on the other hand, is dominated by the warlords and terrorists who drove out American forces in 1993. This government is entirely unviable, having been organized in Kenya by U.S. regional allies; it is so completely devoid of internal support that it turned to Somalia’s archenemy, Ethiopia, for assistance in holding on even to Baidoa.

As with Iraq in 2003, the U.S. has cast this as a war to curtail terrorism, but its real goal is to obtain a direct foothold in a highly strategic region by establishing a client regime there. The Horn of Africa is newly oil-rich, and lies just miles across from Saudi Arabia, overlooking the daily passage of large numbers of oil tankers and warships through the Red Sea. U.S. Gen. John P. Abizaid, the current Iraq war military chief, was in Ethiopia this month, and Chinese President Hu Jintao visited Kenya, Sudan and Ethiopia earlier this year to pursue oil and trade agreements.

Ibn_adam

Reply From a Somali

Asalamu alaykum brother

*I didn’t plan to write so much but got carried away. I hope you enjoy reading it and is through this reading informed better. If I have written anything misleading or wrong I apologise and it is from my own self, and anything good is from Allah.

You have asked very good questions and inshallah I will answer them as best I can.
It is a fact that not a lot is know about Somalia and if anything it might be a resemblance of yet another biased Hollywood movie; Black Hawk Down. Somalia a 100% SUNNI Muslim nation is strategic located in what is know as the Horn of Africa which has its eyes on two continents Asia and Middle East. For many years: and I mean between 1000 years Muslim Somalia was at war with Ethiopia. In the early part of that violent history Islam spread into Ethiopia/Abyssinia and established a mini Islamic state until the Portuguese came to their aid and removed them from power. But in recent history the feud between Somalia and Ethiopia was over a piece of territory inhabited by ethnic Somalis which was awarded by the British to the Ethiopians. Somalia’s last government which was a communist dictatorship was ousted by clan warlords in 1991. After that there have been about 15 attempts to form a Somalia government and all of them failed.

Today’s transitional government was formed in Kenya constituting of mainly warlords who had the Somali population at their mercy for more than 16 years and was confined to just a SMALL FARMING town. The warlords reign in Somalia came to an end when the warlords in the capital formed an alliance sponsored by AMERICA to combat “Terrorism”. This is the part when the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) come in to the picture. The courts which brought a semblance of peace in the areas they controlled, formed a union to combat this blatant aggression against Islam and Muslims whereby the warlords sold off some well know sheikhs and some ordinary people who practiced the sunnah (grow beard) to America and Ethiopia. That was the end of the warlords, humiliated and chased out of Mogadishu the Somali capital and with the grace of Allah the plan of America backfired: indeed the plan of Allah is better. For the first time in 16 years Mogadishu was controlled by on group, a breeze of peace was being smelt in 85% of Somalia, they have started work on the infrastructure, in fact they had a welfare system form the poor whereby they would distribute money to the poor and clothed them. The sixth months they ruled Somalia the poor were amongst the ordinary, e.g. In that one single EID they witnessed with the UIC the poor were given brand new cloths so they can take part in EID like every one else. WALLAHI the work they did was amazing. Somalia was functioning like a mini Islamic State. And of course America was not happy to see an Islamic State in east Africa where it could potentially dominate if not east Africa; Africa in its entirety.

So America devised a plan: first they started to tarnish the Image of the UIC by painting them as terrorist. E.g. the accusation that 750 UIC fighters went to the AID of Hezbollah to defeat the Israelis. Is this not ridiculous?? After the propaganda war they then sponsored and trained Ethiopian soldiers to aid the government soldiers using them as their proxies to get ride of the UIC and being unpredictably successful Somalia is back to square one again. The warlords are back to their former posts to start from where they left off. Rape, theft, shootings and all other crimes are also in turn back to the streets of Somalia. Check points manned by armed militias are also back to their road corners. Peace and progress is replaced with chaos and destruction which is symbolic of American intervention.

Brothers and sisters yet another city of ours has fallen to the great crusade on Islam. But do not be saddened for indeed Allah is with us and indeed victory is close.
All we can do know is return to our deen :salah: and make du'a :tti_sister:

mucad_06

the reason is

asalaama alaykum akhii
the reason is because the "federal government" are more like the ethiopians.the "president" wants power over somalia and when the UIC took over most of the southern part of somalia the FG thought that if the UIC continues doing what they are doing that they will soon conquered the whole somalia including somaliland, puntland, and badoa. so the FGs called the ethipians for help. and you are right they are our enemy ever since 1700. and especially in the war of 1977 when we captured half of ethiopia and the russians helped them. and at this time we beat them again and then the U.S provide them with airplane and jets and the muslim countries around the world live uder the rule of a KAFIR country and non of them provide any type of weapons. But inshalah we didn't loose and we will inshallah regain all the territories that we had. MAY ALLAH HAVE MERCY UPON ALL MUSLIMS AROUND THE WORLD. AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN:tti_sister:

Fardowsa

Simple Muslimah
16+ yrs....

The ICC did not do anything during the 16+ yrs of civil war in Somalia. Tons of innocent men, women, and children have lost their lifes. But suddently, after a democratic government was put into place...(who by the way was elected and supported by the Somali people) the ICC out of nowhere wants to fix things now. Yah, right....too late, they did not do anything when they had the chance, now its the elected government of President Abdullahi Yusuf that has a chance to do some major fixin Insha Allah.

There is only one reason why all this is happening, its all has to do with Qabil or with the notion of tribes and clans. The majority of leaders of Somalia in the past were from the Darod tribe, and the last Somalia president before Mr. Yusuf was also a Darod. The rest of the tribes got together and wanted to get rid of him and they wanted to rule and because of that a civil war broke down and thousands lost their lifes. Anyway, most of the Darod (the ones that had the means) got out of Somalia and the others tribes remained.

Few years ago, a new government was established, and you guessed it right, the president is also from the Darod tribe. This angered the other tribes, who in the first place wrecked the great nation of Somalia in the first place because of the fact that they did not want to be led by the Darod due to jelousy. Anyway, the ICC started to go against the plans of the new elected government and its followers did not let the president into the capital state of Somalia Mugadishu. Everyone knows, that the ICC and the other tribes in Somalia did not want to be led by the same people that they had kicked out of Mugadishu back in '91 to come back and to lead them once again...and that is the main problem starter. This has nothing to do with Ethiopia, or Islamic nation of Somalia v. non-Islamic nation of Ethiopia, but this war and the problems in Somalia has to do with tribes/clans. Let me add, the Somali government are all Muslim, the president is a Muslim, so are the rest of his supporters, so please all you non-Somalis dont let others tell you lies about this war, this war is all about tribes and nothing else. Further, the ICC are predomently made up of the Hawiye tribe that were actually responsible for the chaos in Somalia in the past 16+ yrs.

The president as I have mentioned above was denied access to the capital state, and he needed some help and luckly the Ethiopians were there to help him out and oh by the way, only about 5,000 military were actually Ethiopians, the rest were Somalis.

Alhumdulilah, am just happy with the direction that the nation of Somalia is heading and Insha Allah, Somalia will once again become the nation that it once was.

Salaams

ps. sorry if its too long, I got a little carried away.

aamed

Asalaamu Alekum, Dear Borhter and Sisters.
This is as why the Ethiopian and Mostly Christian country (Westerners) wants Somalia and Ethiopia as one country. Please see the link below about this report title Grassroots Conflict Assessment Of the Somali Region, Ethiopia which was done on August 2006 by CHF International.

I hope most of Somalis will realize how serious is this issues before its too late. Somalia will not be another conflict state between Christian and Muslims. Somalis need understand that our Heritage, our religion and our Nation is at stake. This will set us back 50 year.....

3707_file_Somali_Region_Assessment_8.4.06.pdf

The Somali Region is one of nine regions of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia. Also known as the Ogaden after the dominant clan in the region and located in the eastern Ethiopian lowlands bordering Djibouti, Somalia (including Somaliland) and Kenya, the region is almost entirely inhabited by people of
Somali ethnicity (95.6 per cent according to Ethiopia’s Central Statistics Agency). They speak a common language, Somali, and share a rich cultural
heritage that spans Somalis living in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia. Ethiopia’s Central Statistics Agency estimated the region’s population at just over 4.3
million in 2005 (with a high sex ration of 120 males to 100 females), though some consider that an underestimate, as a proper census has not been conducted for over a decade and population growth is rapid. Somalis are either the third or fourth largest ethnic group in Ethiopia.The region is almost entirely Muslim (current estimates are that Ethiopia itself is nearly half
Muslim despite its Orthodox Christian orientation).

aamed

Here the link about the report title Grassroots Conflict Assessment
Of the Somali Region, Ethiopia August 2006

<http://www.chfhq.org/files/3707_file_Somali_Region_Assessment_8.4.06.pdf>

mucad_06

Right and also wrong

Most of what you said is right but a lot of them are wrong. The UIC did want to help before this government formed but they were defeated at all times. For instance in 1996 I was in BALAD HAWO and group of somali fighters wanted to get read of the WADAADO so they joined the Ethiopians and called their selves SNF. so they joined our enemy Ethiopia and face against somalia.
So in that case the UIC don't gain power(in good way) because if they do they stop the KHAT, THEY CHECK POINTS,MUSLIM GIRLS THAT ARE WEARING PANTS, ETC.
The president is himself a killer.he killed over 1000 people and expects to be a president. why do you think that out of the whole AFRICAN NATION Ethiopia Volunteered to help the FG to defeat the UIC? The reason is that first the Ethiopians does not want somalia to be a muslim country, second to get their revenge on somalia from 1977. And in my point of view I would not consider Abdulahi Yusuf as a muslim because what muslim would turn on his Muslim brother and kill him over nonsense when it can be done easy. So calm your anger down sister and please the only thing we can do to pray for somalia.
MAY ALLAH EXCEPT OUR PRAYERS. AMIN AMIN AMIN AMIN!!!!!

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Salamaalikum, The biggest problem of the somalis are the way they use "QABIIL" tribes and clans. as long as they use this in the way they do now there won't be much peace in them (Allah knows best). That is their weakest point when it comes to tribe and much of them do not know. Somalis need to go back to thier deen and ask Allah for forgiveness.:astag:

ilhan88

asalaama alaykum

I totally agree with brother mucad
This new president is more worried about him getting power than for the piece of the country I was their this summer and the country was so peaceful the people that were born their did not know were to start touring because they were to step foot in those places. If this president keeps asking for help from the non-Muslims we wont have a country of 100% Muslims any more and he will find himself not in power. I think everything should be left to the Islamic courts since the gave the country peace and comfort that they never felt before and also in an Islamic way(when I was leaving they were trying to stop men and woman walking down the street unless they were there brother, uncle or dad from going together.
:hijabi:

AliIbanez

A Stranger in Dunyah
Salamualaikum. Thanks for the replies brothers and sisters. Yes, there are some point that I agree with our other brothers like the problem is more of a clan war, but is it much better that our muslim brothers (be it a President, the UIC, or whatever clan he is) in faiths within this warring clan apply dialogues rather than making war and worst seeking help with non-muslims to battle their own brothers in faith? I think these act makes matter worst, 'cause clan only divides people into groups, but making allies with non-muslims divides faith(Islam) and faith(Islam) should bind these different clans into one unified Ummah(community). I believe that there are verses in the holy Qur-an that we shouldnt be allies with non-muslims specially if the reason is to fight our own brothers. I havent read a single sunnah of the Prophet (SWS) nor a history in Islam that muslims of that time took allies with non-muslims to fight their own brothers . In our country there are many tribes within the muslim community, but this must not be a hindrance for dialogue. We have one common dialect, and that is the Qur-an, Islam. Dialogue is the answer specially if it is for Islam. Why make war? Why seek help with disbelievers to assist them on fighting their own muslim brothers?

But still, I'm still hoping and praying, that one day, muslims will unite as one. Be it he's a Darod or Hawiye, Arab or Americans.

muslima_1

the truth

:salam2:
Want to know why the transitional government is aligned to the Ethiopians ?because Ethiopia wants to help us build our nation, and our country. I know there are people that are going to say there was a war between us, and that is right but it WAS long time ago, it is just the media that is bringing that back, and some people that do not want Somalia to have peace again or some people that don't even know what is going on. The truth is Ethiopia helped Somalia alot when the civil war started a lot of Somalis fled to the neighboring countries and i have been to all of them, and guess Ethiopia is the only place Somalis live the way they want without being bothered for anything... unlike Yemen which is a muslim country and a lot of muslim countries i don't wanna mention names here, i have seen and also I have been told about the way they treated Somalis so don't bring the issue muslim v non muslim with the Somalia situation because we got nobody in the muslim countries that cared or care about Somalia, where were they when all our people were dying and killing each other? nobody came to help.. not only that they were treating bad the refugees that went to their countries:girl3: but now Ethiopia wants to help they call them names, we have a government and you will see without any help from them it will work inshallah.

What is going on in Somalia is tribes and clans fighting over who is gonna the president like Fardowsa said and she said it well the previous president was Darod and the other tribes were jelous because of that and not only that most presidents were Darod so they decided to overthrow the government and they did...but after that what did they do?? Nothing... they started stealing and killing people so we left them and their land it has been 16 years and they haven't achieved their goal !!! to tell you the truth i don't even think they know what they want.
So it is time we did something and that is why this president needs help from Ethiopia because most of the south is Hawiye land and and like i said before that is not where he is from, plus they will try everything in their power to stop this government, but it is coming and going strong wether peace haters like it or not, a lot of people support it:SMILY209: but most of you don't know about that lol. oh yeah that group were also Hawiye tribe so it wasn't about islam or anything.. i think they liked the name, they were supposed to work with the transitional government and the president tried every thing to end the situation peacefully but all they wanted was war and that is what they got. The story is Ethiopia and Somalia we are two neighboring countries it is not about religion, yes we had war and also it was not based on religion, and that happened in the past some 30 years ago it ended with both countries agreed to have peace and we lived as peaceful neighbors before the civil war started and after that they were there for us and now they are here for us although some people have other ideas about it, and that is the end of the story.:hijabi:

OmarTheFrench

Salamaalikum, The biggest problem of the somalis are the way they use "QABIIL" tribes and clans. as long as they use this in the way they do now there won't be much peace in them (Allah knows best). That is their weakest point when it comes to tribe and much of them do not know. Somalis need to go back to thier deen and ask Allah for forgiveness.:astag:

Today its the problem of great part of muslims.

I'm not Arab but Muslim and today its like impossible marry me with an Muslim Arab girl because her parents want she marry with a member of his country or of this ethnic group.

Today the Big problem for us its that some people prefer the Tradition before the Religion and some times this give a very bad image of Islam:astag:

FatimaZhara99

Agreed with Mucad

:salam2:

All of you are so right but I totally agree with mucad in a lot of ways!
All we can do for our country is to make dua and pray to Allah to make our country like it was (17yrs ago).

Ameen:hijabi: