Dr. Zakir Naik - Dars .. Anyone ?

Nayyararsi

Kashmiri Brother
As-salaamu'alaykum.

I don't reccommend taking your Islam from him, he is not upon manhaaj and has made some very big mistakes in his 'aqeeda.

Read some of the articles here on what he has said in the past along with refutations:

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmessages.cfm?Forum=8&Topic=4240

And may Allaah guide us all, ameen.

Was-salaamu'alaykum!

Assalamualaikum Brother

Whatever sheikh Albani(may Allah have mercy on him) says that is not right for eg he says that both photography as well as video shooting are haraam but there are many scholars who say it is allowed so here we reject the fatwa of sheikh albani(may Allah have mercy on him).Similarly if we read about the origin of tie it is nowhere related to any religion.Furthermore whenever Dr Zakir says something it is backed up by the reference from Quran and Hadith and also the sayings of the scholars like sheikh albani,sheikh taymiyyah and other stalwarts(may Allah have mercy on them) and that is shown on the satellite channel watched by millions of people all over the world but no one has ever complained.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

I don't know how to respond to that post...

"We reject the fatwa of Shaykh al-Albaani" - regarding photos. Allaahu musta'aan... May Allaah forgive you and guide you, ameen.

Name me some of these scholars who allow pictures of humans or animals ('ulema please).

As for the tie, then as the Shaykh (rahimahullaah) explained it is imitation of the kuffar, it is not known to the Muslims. The tie is different from normal things like jeans, t-shirt which everyone can wear no problem, the tie is special to the kuffar.

As for peace tv, lol, 'No one has ever complained', havn't they? Are you sure? Again can you name me some 'ulema who support peace tv and what it broadcasts?

SubhaanAllaah, I'm shocked when I come across this strange attitude towards the Deen of al-Islaam... All third person information is accepted, it's like "no, I don't want to see the evidence, no I don't want to listen to somone else, no I'm right and you're wrong, what do you mean you can't take knowledge from him, he's funny, we love him, he must be right", etc, etc.

Things can't be like that.

As for pictures:

"The Noble Qur'an - Al-A'raf 7:148

And the people of Moses made in his absence, out of their ornaments, the image of a calf (for worship). It had a sound (as if it was mooing). Did they not see that it could neither speak to them nor guide them to the way? They took it for worship and they were Zalimun (wrong-doers).

The Noble Qur'an - Al-Anbiyâ 21:51-54

51. And indeed We bestowed aforetime on Ibrâhim (Abraham) his (portion of) guidance, and We were Well-Acquainted with him (as to his Belief in the Oneness of Allâh, etc.).

52. When he said to his father and his people: "What are these images, to which you are devoted?"

53. They said:"We found our fathers worshipping them."

54. He said: "Indeed you and your fathers have been in manifest error."

Hadith - Bukhari 3:428, Narrated Said bin Abu Al-Hasan

While I was with Ibn 'Abbas a man came and said, "O father of 'Abbas! My sustenance is from my manual profession and I make these pictures." Ibn 'Abbas said, "I will tell you only what I heard from Allah's Apostle . I heard him saying, 'Whoever makes a picture will be punished by Allah till he puts life in it, and he will never be able to put life in it.' " Hearing this, that man heaved a sigh and his face turned pale. Ibn 'Abbas said to him, "What a pity! If you insist on making pictures I advise you to make pictures of trees and any other unanimated objects."

Hadith -Bukhari 4:47, Narrated 'Aisha

I stuffed for the Prophet a pillow decorated with pictures (of animals) which looked like a Namruqa (i.e. a small cushion). He came and stood among the people with excitement apparent on his face. I said, "O Allah's Apostle! What is wrong?" He said, "What is this pillow?" I said, "I have prepared this pillow for you, so that you may recline on it." He said, "Don't you know that angels do not enter a house wherein there are pictures; and whoever makes a picture will be punished on the Day of Resurrection and will be asked to give life to (what he has created)?"

Hadith - Bukhari 4:448, Narrated Abu Talha

I heard Allah's Apostle saying; "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house wherein there is a dog or a picture of a living creature (a human being or an animal)."

Hadith -Bukhari 5:338, Narrated Ibn Abbas

Abu Talha, a companion of Allah's Apostle and one of those who fought at Badr together with Allah's Apostle told me that Allah's Apostle said. "Angels do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture." He meant the images of creatures that have souls.

Hadith - Muslim, Narrated Ali ibn AbuTalib

AbulHayyaj al-Asadi told that Ali ibn AbuTalib said to him: Should I not send you on the same mission as Allah's Messenger sent me? Do not leave an image without obliterating it, or a high grave without levelling it. This hadith has been reported by Habib with the same chain of transmitters and he said: (do not leave) a picture without obliterating it.

Hadith - Muslim, narrated Maymunah

One morning Allah's Messenger was silent with grief. Maymunah said: Allah's Messenger, I find a change in your mood today. Allah's Messenger said: Gabriel had promised me that he would meet me last night, but he did not meet me. By Allah, he never broke his promises; and Allah's Messenger spent the day in this sad (mood). Then it occurred to him that there had been a puppy under their cot. He gave an order and it was turned out. He then took some water in his hand and sprinkled it on the place. When it was evening Gabriel met him and he said to him: You promised me that you would meet me the previous night. He said: Yes, but we do not enter a house in which there is a dog or a picture. So the very next morning he commanded the dogs to be killed. He announced that the dog kept for the orchards should also be killed, but he spared the dog used for the protection of extensive fields (or big gardens).

Hadith - Bukhari 8:151, Narrated 'Aisha

I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet , and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter (my dwelling place) they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)

Hadith - Abu Dawud, Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin

When the Apostle of Allah arrived after the expedition to Tabuk or Khaybar (the narrator is doubtful), the draught raised an end of a curtain which was hung in front of her store-room, revealing some dolls which belonged to her. He asked: What is this? She replied: My dolls. Among them he saw a horse with wings made of rags, and asked: What is this I see among them? She replied: A horse. He asked: What is this that it has on it? She replied: Two wings. He asked: A horse with two wings? She replied: Have you not heard that Solomon had horses with wings? She said: Thereupon the Apostle of Allah laughed so heartily that I could see his molar teeth.

Hadith - Sahih Bukhari 2.425, Narrated Aisha, r.a.

When the Prophet became ill, some of his wives talked about a church which they had seen in Ethiopia and it was called Mariya. Um Salma and Um Habiba had been to Ethiopia, and both of them narrated its (the Church's) beauty and the pictures it contained. The Prophet raised his head and said, "Those are the people who, whenever a pious man dies amongst them, make a place of worship at his grave and then they make those pictures in it. Those are the worst creatures in the Sight of Allah."

Hadith - At-Tirmidhi

"On the Day of Resurrection a neck will stretch forth from Hell; it will have two eyes to see, two ears to hear, and a tongue to speak. It will say, "I have been appointed to take care of three types of people: every arrogant tyrant, every person who called on some deity other than Allaah (swt) and those who made pictures" [at-Tirmidhi stated that this hadith was saheeh - at-Takhweef min an-Naar, p.179, See also Jaami' al-Usool, 10/518, the editor said its isnaad is hasan]"

(Source: Muttaqun.com)

mhamzah

:wasalam:
Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

As for the tie, then as the Shaykh (rahimahullaah) explained it is imitation of the kuffar, it is not known to the Muslims. The tie is different from normal things like jeans, t-shirt which everyone can wear no problem, the tie is special to the kuffar.

As for peace tv, lol, 'No one has ever complained', havn't they? Are you sure? Again can you name me some 'ulema who support peace tv and what it broadcasts?

SubhaanAllaah, I'm shocked when I come across this strange attitude towards the Deen of al-Islaam... All third person information is accepted, it's like "no, I don't want to see the evidence, no I don't want to listen to somone else, no I'm right and you're wrong, what do you mean you can't take knowledge from him, he's funny, we love him, he must be right", etc, etc.

:salam2:

Whilst I agree with you on some issues I have to disagree on others. The site you mentioned before 'Salafi talk' , the kind of attitude they have , that recently wasn't the attitube the Companions of Prophet Muhammad (Pbuh).

As far as Tie is concerned, what do you mean by it is special to kuffars?

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

As far a SalafiTalk goes, then it is a forum. Anyone can join and say what they like, just like this. For any error you find on there you will also find one on here, and on another forum and on another forum and so on.

The Shaykh (rahimahullaah) explained that the tie is imitation of the kuffar, it is something special to them, it is from their lands, their culture and it distinguishes them. It makes sense really...

mhamzah

Wa'alaykum as-salaam,

As far a SalafiTalk goes, then it is a forum. Anyone can join and say what they like, just like this. For any error you find on there you will also find one on here, and on another forum and on another forum and so on.

The Shaykh (rahimahullaah) explained that the tie is imitation of the kuffar, it is something special to them, it is from their lands, their culture and it distinguishes them. It makes sense really...

:salam2: brother,

See that the kind of thing I have got objection with. There is a Hadith (if you are not already aware of it, I'll look up for you), which state 'Do not follow a scholar blindly'. Just because The Shaykh (rahimahullaah) says does not make it true brother. We respect the scholar, but that does not mean we follow them blindly.

It what sense it is special to them??? What makes it different to say Jeans or T-Shirt???

saif

I have two motivations to write this email. Although I have my own opinion about this topic under discussion, I am not going to say anything directly related to that because I don't have time and nerves to talk to warriors. I will save my thoughts for some time to come, when I will see knowledge friendly environment and when I will feel more energy in myself to face warriors.

The first thing I want to talk about is the disappointment of brother Yusuf, that somebody has dared to reject a fatwa of a sheikh, who in brother Yusuf's eyes is quite an authority on islamic knowledge. As far as I could see, brother Nayyararsi did show some respect to the sheikh. The point I want to make is, that it shouldn't be a that big disappointment because it is a very normal thing in the world of knowledge. The final authorities are only Quran and Sunnah.

Brother Yusuf, you may not have formulated it that way but you also reject some fataawah of, say, Imam Abu Hanifa. Similarly, I had never formulated it that way but I know I also knowingly not accept (that means reject) some of the opinions of Imam Shaaf'i. I have absolutely no doubt in his good intentions but once I get a different understanding of Quran and Sunnah, then I am bound to follow that and I am bound to leave the opinion of a scholar, which is not reflecting that. Now leaving these great scholars aside and taking an example from Quran: IF I were sure, (and even if it is not true), that sleeping with wives in ramadan was haram, I would be doing sin, if I still did it. So cool down brother Yusuf and don't doubt the sincerity of your other muslims brothers and sisters towards Quran and Sunnah.

The second thing, which motivated me is something not necessarily related to this thread alone. It is the concept of Haraam in Quran and in Fiqh. I feel, that sometimes talk about haraam but they don't mean it the way Quran uses that term. For example, when Quran says it is haraam to drink alcohol, it also forbids everything, which can lead to haram. It also explicitly explains, how far we have to go to avoid haraam. Only if there is absolutely no other possibility to survive without haraam, you are allowed to eat it but even then it places checks on your heart: just eat as much that you can just survive. Anything more than that will make you sinful.

Now I want to ask everybody in the forum, do we really mean it the same way, when we say this is haraam or that is haraam. And if we are sure in our hearts that this or that is haraam, do we really strive to the edge of our survival, as Quran wants us to do? Shall we die without a passport, if it requires a picture on it? And even if it is for a hajj journey! Shall we die, if we don't get to see those convert videos in this forum? And what about these smilies, which are laughing on me on the right corner of the screen, while I am writing this mail? Shall we die, if we refuse to accept currency notes with pictures of kings and queens or national heros? Should it not be our responsibility to burn them? Like I explained earlier with an example from Quran, you have to be responsible for your understanding of Shariah.

mhamzah

I have two motivations to write this email. Although I have my own opinion about this topic under discussion, I am not going to say anything directly related to that because I don't have time and nerves to talk to warriors. I will save my thoughts for some time to come, when I will see knowledge friendly environment and when I will feel more energy in myself to face warriors. :

Brother you are more than welcome to have your own opinions about the topic under discussion. What makes you think it is not a knowledge friendly environment, and who are the warriors here by the way???

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaykum ikhwaan,

Then first I want to clarify is that I am aware of taqleed (blind following), however going with Shaykh al-Albaani's opinion on the tie is not taqleed when someone hears it, looks into it and it makes sense to them, as it is an issue of ijtihaad.
For example, if someone didn't know and then heard that the Shaykh had said it is imitation of the kuffar, and on that he just says "the Shaykh must be right! I accept!" then that is taqleed without question.
On the other hand if someone hears his opinion and then looks into it and becomes convinced that he is right, then there is no harm in that. Because that is not taqleed, he didn't just submit to the scholars opinion, rather he looked at it from an open perspective and then made up his mind. And the issue of the tie is one of ijtihaad, there is no direct evidence saying 'do not wear a tie', but there is evidence in the authentic Sunnah that we should not imitate the kuffar, so the scholar therefore needs to look at the situation and use his knowledge and understanding to make ijtihaad. Shaykh al-Albaani's conclusion was that it is imitation of the kuffar and that it is different from other items of clothing, this is me makes sense and I accept it, but first of all I looked at what was said and at some point I looked at the other opinions which say the tie is fine and not imitation of the kuffar, not being convinced by that opinion and therefore staying with the one previous. And even the scholars who say that tie is ok to wear, aslong as they made ijtihaad then they will be rewarded once if wrong or twice if right. So don't let this get to you...

Now to move away from the whole tie issue and that it was never the original point and someone brought up from that link! I hope I have now explained where I am on that, inshaa'Allah!

As far as rejecting a fatwa, then anyones sayings can be accepted and rejected except the Messenger of Allaah's (sallAllahu 'alaihi wasalaam) as ibn 'Abbas and Mujahid (radiyAllaahu 'anhuma) originally said and Imaam Maalik (rahimahullaah) used to say. But that doesn't mean that if a scholar issues a fatwa bringing foreward verses from the Qur'aan, saheeh ahaadeeth from the Sunnah that you can reject it because of what it is based on (in this instance - pictures). So Shaykh al-Albaani gave fatwa on it, do you know this is also the stance of the vast, vast majority of scholars of our time, among them: Shaykh ibn Baaz, Shaykh ibn 'Uthaimeen, Shaykh Saaleh al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Abdur-Razzzaq 'Afeefee, Shaykh ibn Jibreen, Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd, Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee, Shaykh 'Ubaid al-Jaabiree, Shaykh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi'ee, Shaykh 'Alee ibn Yahyah al-Hadaadee, Shaykh 'Alee ibn Muhammad ibn Naasir al-Faqeehee, Shaykh Ahmad ibn Yahyah an-Najmee, Shaykh Abdul-Aziz aalash-Shaykh, Shaykh Falaah ibn Isma'eel, Shaykh Haamaad ibn Muhammad al-Ansaaree, Shaykh Muhammad Saaleh al-Munajjid then going back a bit, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhaab, Shaykul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah, ibnul-Qayyim, ibn Katheer, Imaam an-Nawawi, Imaam ibn Hajr, Imaam al-Barbahaaree then all of the four imaams; Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Imaam ash-Shafi'ee, Imaam Abu Haneefah and Imaam Maalik and then from them their students.
All of them are/were aware of the evidence in this regard, that is why is you search for any of their fataawa on this issue of pictures you will find them to consider pictures of humans/aminals/anything with a soul to be haraam, along with the authentic evidence for that. I already posted some of that evidence above. The scholars of our time and may Allaah have Mercy upon them are/were aware of the more contemporary issues, such as pictures in passport, i.d. cards, etc, and many of them have said there is no problem if there exists a big need and things would be difficult for you otherwise.
Refer here for the Permanent Committee's response to this:
http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/creed/pictures/0010513_1.htm

So, when you find scholars who come forward and try to to say pictures are permissable in certain circumstances (for example there exist opinions like: it is ok to use a camera to take pictures aslong as you dont then print the pictures out and put them on your wall, etc), if you find a scholar saying this then you need to see for yourself exactly what he is saying and what evidence he is bringing forward to establish and back up his claim. What do 'ulema say about him, have they praised him, refuted him, warned agaisnt him, etc. Before you take knowledge from somone there are many factors to consider!

And as far as bringing up money, smilies, and destroying them then subhaanAllah! I'm a revert akh, my mother has pictures up all over the house but I don't go round ripping them up and getting angry because what kind of da'wah would that be? There are etiquettes of da'wah and sometimes (depending on who your dealing with) leinience is needed, you don't force things on people and be a bad example, this wasn't the way of the Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alaihi wasalaam).

I hope that clears up any misconceptions around what I said and I only have the best intention for my brothers and sisters, may Allaah forgive me if I said anything wrong or mislead anyone, ameen.

Was-salaamu'alaykum.

mhamzah

Wa alaykum Salam brother,

Then first I want to clarify is that I am aware of taqleed (blind following), however going with Shaykh al-Albaani's opinion on the tie is not taqleed when someone hears it, looks into it and it makes sense to them, as it is an issue of ijtihaad. For example, if someone didn't know and then heard that the Shaykh had said it is imitation of the kuffar, and on that he just says "the Shaykh must be right! I accept!" then that is taqleed without question. On the other hand if someone hears his opinion and then looks into it and becomes convinced that he is right, then there is no harm in that. Because that is not taqleed, he didn't just submit to the scholars opinion, rather he looked at it from an open perspective and then made up his mind. And the issue of the tie is one of ijtihaad, there is no direct evidence saying 'do not wear a tie', but there is evidence in the authentic Sunnah that we should not imitate the kuffar, so the scholar therefore needs to look at the situation and use his knowledge and understanding to make ijtihaad.

Jazakallah Khair for clarifying your opinion their. Let me clarify mine. I agree with all you have said thus far except on one issue.

I am very well aware of the evidence in the Sunnah that we should not imitate the kuffar. So the disagreement was not over the issue that whether we should wear something which imitate the kuffar, rather the issue was whether 'Tie imitate the Kuffar or not'. I was only asking what makes Tie say different from Jeans or T-Shirt.' Normally the argument brought forth is that Tie symbolises the cross, which is not the case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neck_tie

Now personally I don't wear the tie myself, I'll like to take the safer option of the two. However my objection is against those (I am not refering to you, nor am I referring to any Scholar here) amongst the Muslims who arrogate to themselves the right to pass on the judgement about other Muslims, specially on an issue where there is difference of opinion.

[COLOR="red"]Shaykh al-Albaani's conclusion was that it is imitation of the kuffar and that it is different from other items of clothing, this is me makes sense and I accept it, but first of all I looked at what was said and at some point I looked at the other opinions which say the tie is fine and not imitation of the kuffar, not being convinced by that opinion and therefore staying with the one previous. And even the scholars who say that tie is ok to wear, aslong as they made ijtihaad then they will be rewarded once if wrong or twice if right. So don't let this get to you..... Now to move away from the whole tie issue and that it was never the original point and someone brought up from that link! I hope I have now explained where I am on that, inshaa'Allah!

My saying of you blindly following a scholar wasn't a wise one and I owe you an apology for that. So I'll take this opportunity to apologise to you now that you have clarified your point of view.

As far as rejecting a fatwa, then anyones sayings can be accepted and rejected except the Messenger of Allaah's (sallAllahu 'alaihi wasalaam) as ibn 'Abbas and Mujahid (radiyAllaahu 'anhuma) originally said and Imaam Maalik (rahimahullaah) used to say. But that doesn't mean that if a scholar issues a fatwa bringing foreward verses from the Qur'aan, saheeh ahaadeeth from the Sunnah that you can reject it because of what it is based on (in this instance - pictures). So Shaykh al-Albaani gave fatwa on it, do you know this is also the stance of the vast, vast majority of scholars of our time, among them: Shaykh ibn Baaz, Shaykh ibn 'Uthaimeen, Shaykh Saaleh al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Abdur-Razzzaq 'Afeefee, Shaykh ibn Jibreen, Shaykh Bakr Aboo Zayd, Shaykh Rabee ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee, Shaykh 'Ubaid al-Jaabiree, Shaykh Muqbil ibn Haadee al-Waadi'ee, Shaykh 'Alee ibn Yahyah al-Hadaadee, Shaykh 'Alee ibn Muhammad ibn Naasir al-Faqeehee, Shaykh Ahmad ibn Yahyah an-Najmee, Shaykh Abdul-Aziz aalash-Shaykh, Shaykh Falaah ibn Isma'eel, Shaykh Haamaad ibn Muhammad al-Ansaaree, Shaykh Muhammad Saaleh al-Munajjid then going back a bit, Shaykh Muhammad bin Abdul-Wahhaab, Shaykul-Islaam ibn Taymiyyah, ibnul-Qayyim, ibn Katheer, Imaam an-Nawawi, Imaam ibn Hajr, Imaam al-Barbahaaree then all of the four imaams; Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, Imaam ash-Shafi'ee, Imaam Abu Haneefah and Imaam Maalik and then from them their students.
All of them are/were aware of the evidence in this regard, that is why is you search for any of their fataawa on this issue of pictures you will find them to consider pictures of humans/aminals/anything with a soul to be haraam, along with the authentic evidence for that. I already posted some of that evidence above. The scholars of our time and may Allaah have Mercy upon them are/were aware of the more contemporary issues, such as pictures in passport, i.d. cards, etc, and many of them have said there is no problem if there exists a big need and things would be difficult for you otherwise.
Refer here for the Permanent Committee's response to this:
http://www.fatwa-online.com/fataawa/creed/pictures/0010513_1.htm

So, when you find scholars who come forward and try to to say pictures are permissable in certain circumstances (for example there exist opinions like: it is ok to use a camera to take pictures aslong as you dont then print the pictures out and put them on your wall, etc), if you find a scholar saying this then you need to see for yourself exactly what he is saying and what evidence he is bringing forward to establish and back up his claim. What do 'ulema say about him, have they praised him, refuted him, warned agaisnt him, etc. Before you take knowledge from somone there are many factors to consider!

No disagreement here either.

And as far as bringing up money, smilies, and destroying them then subhaanAllah! I'm a revert akh, my mother has pictures up all over the house but I don't go round ripping them up and getting angry because what kind of da'wah would that be? There are etiquettes of da'wah and sometimes (depending on who your dealing with) leinience is needed, you don't force things on people and be a bad example, this wasn't the way of the Messenger (sallAllaahu 'alaihi wasalaam).[/COLOR]

No disagreement here either, infact that's exactly the point I was trying to stress. The site you mentioned 'Salafi Talk', unfortunately many comments and articles on those websites do not follow those etiquettes of da'wah. I won't recommend that website to any one, they are right on certain issues, but the mannerism isn't there.

I hope that clears up any misconceptions around what I said.

Yes indeed,

Ameen to you dua.

Any thing good I said was from Allah swt and all the mistakes were mine and May Allah swt forgive me for that.

Was-salaamu'alaykum.

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
JazakumAllaahu khairan brother mhamzah, these tiny things can sometimes drag us down and cause division in the Ummah, we seek refuge in Allaah.

Again as far as 'Salafi Talk' goes then personally I use the site and benefit from it, I will agree that yes some brothers and sisters on there do not have the right manners when it comes to the da'wah, hence you will find some harsh posts on there and a few of them go too far with labeling certain individuals (it goes beyond the name of a sect or group, and goes into personal tags). But as I said anyone can join a forum and post things and this does not reflect the majority on there and the overall content, if someone wishes to use it then alhamdulillaah, if they choose not to use to it, then still walhamdulillaah.

And you'll find the problem with the Muslims to usually be of two types:
1) They don't have knowledge but they have the best manners
2) They have the knowledge but no manners

And there exist many reasons why this is, among them; culture, hastiness of the youth, arrogance and so on.

Anyway, I hope everything is cleared up now.
What I originally said regarding Zakir Naik still stands, and I advise people to look into him a bit more before taking knowledge from him and to be more like this with everyone really.

Was-salaamu'alaykum.

mhamzah

JazakumAllaahu khairan brother mhamzah, these tiny things can sometimes drag us down and cause division in the Ummah, we seek refuge in Allaah.

It's always good to ask and have things clarified.

Again as far as 'Salafi Talk' goes then personally I use the site and benefit from it, I will agree that yes some brothers and sisters on there do not have the right manners when it comes to the da'wah, hence you will find some harsh posts on there and a few of them go too far with labeling certain individuals (it goes beyond the name of a sect or group, and goes into personal tags). But as I said anyone can join a forum and post things and this does not reflect the majority on there and the overall content, if someone wishes to use it then alhamdulillaah, if they choose not to use to it, then still walhamdulillaah.

And you'll find the problem with the Muslims to usually be of two types:
1) They don't have knowledge but they have the best manners
2) They have the knowledge but no manners.

And there exist many reasons why this is, among them; culture, hastiness of the youth, arrogance and so on.

Anyway, I hope everything is cleared up now.
What I originally said regarding Zakir Naik still stands, and I advise people to look into him a bit more before taking knowledge from him and to be more like this with everyone really.

Indeed.

AISHA14

allah is my lord
yes dr.zakir naik is mashallah very gud ,all the muslim must try to fight the world just like that ...inshallah we all must pray for each other may allah bless us all

AISHA14

allah is my lord
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

True. Sometimes it might be difficult to understand SOME words because of his pronounciation mostly when he read 'Arabic. However, he is really an exellent Scholar who is really intelligent. Some of books in his memory includes Quran, Hadith books (not sure if All of them, but sure many of them), Bible (both Old and New Tastements), Books of Buddism, Books of Hinduism (Veda and Bhagwat Gheeta). What I found most amazing is that he quotes Vrse number and Surah (chapter) number from ALL the books he quote. If he quote from a book of a Professor also, he used to tell even Page Number. MashaaAllaah. Allahu Akbar.

I liked a lot his Speach on the "Similarity between Islam and Hinduism" and his unforgettable debate with Dr. William Campbell on "Quran and Bible in the light of Science.

He is a student of Sheikh Ahmed Deedat. Ahamed Deedat says to Dr. Zakir Naik, "son the things that took me 40 years you have learned that 4 years". May Allah increase his knowledge and grant both of them al Firdausul A'la.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

mashallah mashallah :ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma::ma: