Alexander and Afghanistan

the strategies of Alexander the Great are still taught in all military schools. he took less than a year to conquer all territories. except Afghanistan

It had taken Alexander only six months to conquer Iran, but it took him nearly three years (from about 330 BCE–327 BCE) to subdue the area that is now Afghanistan.

Moving eastward from the area of Herat, the Macedonian leader encountered fierce resistance from the local tribes of Aria (West Afghanistan), Drangiana (now part of Afghanistan, Pakistan and Eastern Iran), Arachosia (South and Central Afghanistan) and Bactria (North and Central Afghanistan).

In a letter to his mother, Alexander described his encounters with the eastern southern tribes (Afghans) thus:

"I am involved in the land of a 'Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one Alexander into the world, but every mother in this land has brought an Alexander in the world.”

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
subhan'allah.

yes, i think afghanistan is different from others.

seems Allah Has made Afghanistan the grave of oppressive world empires.

British came...they lost empire

Soviet (russia) came...they lost empire

now, USA came....they ???????

and i also think that Imam Mahdi will arise from there!

and Allah knows best.

Almeftah

This brings up a thought i had back when i last went to makka..

Have you noticed how Allah Subhanah made it surrounded with mountains.

I think mountains makes it hard to conquer such country with high and rough mountains around it..

Subhan Allah.

This brings up a thought i had back when i last went to makka..

Have you noticed how Allah Subhanah made it surrounded with mountains.

I think mountains makes it hard to conquer such country with high and rough mountains around it..

Subhan Allah.

rough terrain and also the afghans are not afraid of death. a nation is only defeated when they become afraid to die.

like jordanians became afraid of death and would flee from battle with the israelis. or iraqi soldiers who were easily demoralized by american psychological warfare.

afghans on the other hand, are impervious to psychological warfare. they are hardened warriors who have fierce loyalty to their tribes and no fear of death.

abulzan07

:salam2:
Afghani are real hero and lion of islam.......See US allies with 34 top most Army and technically equipped nations cant win over them and still they hold 80% of afghanistan and nw even they hold good area in pakistan.......they have rooted out USA and Allies frm Afghanistan soon wil root them out of pakistan.....Afghan are people who follow khalid bin waleed ra and who brought thr kids up with stories of sahabas lik hamza Ra lion of islam and Khalid bin Waleed RA Saifullah who buried two super power of al the time romans and persian into the grave..........InshAllah soon Afghani will root America and allies out of whole pakistan and muslims lands

"I am involved in the land of a 'Leonine' (lion-like) and brave people, where every foot of the ground is like a wall of steel, confronting my soldier. You have brought only one Alexander into the world, but every mother in this land has brought an Alexander in the world.”

Salaam,

Afghanistan is the land where empires get buried deep in the mountains. They have a proven record of defeating Alexander, the Mongols, the the British, the Russians, and now the U.S. - who is slowly tasting this bitterness of defeat.

We are hospitable. We'll invite you to a cup of tea in our home but if you invade our land we will defend it like lions in the jungle.

I really love the quote above. I think I'm going to use it as my signature.

May Allah swt help all the Muslims defeat the invaders and oppressors that are in our land.