Bravery and Technology

there is no war that is won solely by bravery. technology always wins wars for people. however it must go hand in hand with bravery.

the technological advantage that was available in the sword days was the strength and lightness of the sword. the arab's scimitar was a fine example of that. although the media popularizes the katana, the scimitar and its descendant the indian talwar were much finer techonological advantages over the european double-edged sword, the heavy broadsword and the french breakable cutlass.

also arab horses are the finest in the world. therefore the cavalry had a "technological advantage" in that area because faster stronger horses were available to the arabs.

nowadays definition of techonology has changed but the rule remains the same, in order to have might like the US, nations need technology as well as bravery.

the afghans have all the bravery in the world but dearly lack in technology. thus apache AH-64 are able to hit-and-run often without ever setting foot on the ground.

on the other end of the spectrum, the french have very good special unit commandos and cutting edge technology. but their main army lacks bravery. this has resulted in them being overrun twice in the two world wars. also it led to the french defeat in the Algerian war.

thus in order to win, a nation needs to keep its bravery alongside technological inventions. the bravery comes from reading and believing in the Quran. the technological edge comes from good funding of education which nurtures future intellect minds that can come handy in the next era.

The Art of War is an ancient book by Sun Tzu. most have heard of it. many have seen the movie. it is still read by business managers, military commanders and football players (portugal team read it before defeating england in world cup ).

it is one of the key books in warfare. some of its points are widely regarded as brilliant and timeless. e.g. in warfare deception is key. (but this goes against the teachings of Islam). even Lerner's rules of information propaganda states that lies should not be sold to the public because sooner or later, lies become manifest.

those of you kids who like to read, i know muslims dont like reading books unless its for tests and exams. here is the link:
http://www.wowio.com/viewer/reader.asp?nBookId=4366&rnd=188.7298978383254

Salaam,

I agree! IMHO, I believe most Muslims have the bravery but not the technology. Why? Because once the Ottoman empire collapsed the West quickly took advantage of this opportunity by changing the world currency system. Now that they have everyone believe that a piece of paper has value it's difficult for people to bring it down unless people are united against it and do not take it anymore. With money comes power and with power comes technology. When you have a strong currency you can buy steel and iron from different countries easily.

I hear that the U.S. are trying to deploy robotic machines to shoot down their 'enemies.'

If we Muslims united and used their resources together, they would be unstoppable. After all, nothing really runs without oil ;)

palestine

Servant of Allah
The Art of War is an ancient book by Sun Tzu. most have heard of it. many have seen the movie. it is still read by business managers, military commanders and football players (portugal team read it before defeating england in world cup ).

it is one of the key books in warfare. some of its points are widely regarded as brilliant and timeless. e.g. in warfare deception is key. (but this goes against the teachings of Islam). even Lerner's rules of information propaganda states that lies should not be sold to the public because sooner or later, lies become manifest.

those of you kids who like to read, i know muslims dont like reading books unless its for tests and exams. here is the link:
http://www.wowio.com/viewer/reader.asp?nBookId=4366&rnd=188.7298978383254

yeah they do. many many many of them.:) and might i remind you that along with techonology and bravery comes only with FAITH IN ALLAH.:)
Asalamu alaykum wrwb.

i refrain from making any philosophical sentiments.

if technology ever came from faith, then that would mean non-muslims have the greatest faith in Allah since they have the cutting-edge technology. if anyone says this is true, then they should look up "irony" in the dictionary.

bravery comes from faith in Allah. this is one of the reasons, the US is developing robots for warfare. becoz non-muslims are too afraid of death. therefore the US is considering sending robots in the future.

i wrote a post on the development of robots also. use search option for my post on "Robot wars".

if anyone wants to read one of the greatest books ever written by the chinese, then they should click on the link above.