Religious experience.

Pete

I am not a Muslim, I was a Catholic for 18 years. I am interested in the religious experience of Muslims on this board. I have had what could be described as Catholic religious experiences. I am wondering if Muslims experience the same things.

If you are a Muslim do you feel intuitively that your religion is the truth? Or believe that the Qur'an is self evidently the truth when you read it? Were you raised a Muslim?

What is it that feels right to you about Islam?

Pete,

muslimeen1989

Hello,

I dont understand what do you mean religious experience, could you share your experience.

I was raised muslim and practice it alhamdulilah, When i read the Quran I feel it in my heart that this is the truth and the Quran when it is recited puts my heart to rest as well. What feels right about ISLAM well i have to say EVERYTHING, this religion is the only way of life that emcompases everything we as muslims do in our life so its a way of living, like when we wake up we thank Allah, When we eat we thank Allah in daily life we remember Allah and praise him.

i cant explain clearly but when you find more about Islam and its values and morals i think you may grow to love it as i do....

:hijabi:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
I am not a Muslim, I was a Catholic for 18 years. I am interested in the religious experience of Muslims on this board.

Hello Pete, welcome to TTI and I hope that you will enjoy your time around learning from what TTI has to offer :)

If you are a Muslim do you feel intuitively that your religion is the truth?

I feel Islam is the truth intuitively *and* actually..intuitively in the positive..beautiful sentiments..wisdom and peace it embeds in my heart and spirit..and *actually*..in the gentleness..justice..equality..nobleness..and honor it provides for those who *sincerely* embrace it..preach it..and practice it

Or believe that the Qur'an is self evidently the truth when you read it?

This question is partial to the question before it..as the Qura'an provides one of the *major means* through which I feel what I stated about Islam...reading is profound..it leaves the heart trembling with humility and reverence..something which I do not experience AT ALL with anything else I ever read..not even the couple of chapters I read from a Bible..this in itself leaves me with a deep belief that the words of The Quran are from a source beyond our human ability and ceaces *perfection* without the slightest *doubt*

Were you raised a Muslim?

Yes..thanks be to Allah..though I did not start practicing until about 6 years ago

I will make you suffer through a bit of a cliche and say...*everything*..but *truly* mean it..especially as a woman..everything about Islam regarding my status as a female..my purpose in this world..what is decreed *for* me and what is decreed *unto* me..has instilled a full conviction within me that *everything* about Islam *feels right (and then *some*)* :)

Welcome to TTI time and time again Pete :)

Peace

Pete

Hello,

I dont understand what do you mean religious experience, could you share your experience.

I was raised muslim and practice it alhamdulilah, When i read the Quran I feel it in my heart that this is the truth and the Quran when it is recited puts my heart to rest as well. What feels right about ISLAM well i have to say EVERYTHING, this religion is the only way of life that emcompases everything we as muslims do in our life so its a way of living, like when we wake up we thank Allah, When we eat we thank Allah in daily life we remember Allah and praise him.

i cant explain clearly but when you find more about Islam and its values and morals i think you may grow to love it as i do....

:hijabi:

My experience is this; I was raised Catholic, yet I after a year at univeristy studying philosophy I have realized that my religion is without grounds and a sense very immoral. However I still have a feeling in my heart that Catholicism is true, in some sense it 'feels right'. I believe this is the result of the way I have been raised and social conditioning. This is why I am asking members of other religions if they too feel in their heart that their religion is the truth.

a_stranger

Islam gives my life a test , I feel the power of Allah(the one God) our creator all around for example ; When I go out at sunset and see the gardual change in the colors of sky I recall the verse:

3:190 Verily, in the creation of the heavens and the earth, and in the succession of night and day, there are indeed messages for all who are endowed with insight,
3:191 [and] who remember God when they stand, and when they sit, and when they lie down to sleep, and [thus] reflect on the creation of the heavens and the earth: "O our Sustainer! Thou hast not created [aught of] this without meaning and purpose. Limitless art Thou in Thy glory! Keep us safe, then, from suffering through fire! Quran

When I watch the birds flying i remember:

67:19 Have they, then, never beheld the birds above them, spreading their wings and drawing them in? None but the Most Gracious upholds them: for, verily, He keeps all things in His sight. Quran

When i see the plants the following verses come to my mind:

56:63 Have you ever considered the seed which you cast upon the soil?
56:64 Is it you who cause it to grow - or are We the cause of its growth?
Quran

When i think about the gifts of seeing hearing ........i recall the verse:

6:46 Say: "What do you think? If God should take away your hearing and your sight and seal your hearts - what deity but God is there that could bring it all back to you?" Behold how many facets we give to our messages-and yet they turn away in disdain!
Quran

Pondering in the verses of Quran which we muslems believe is the exact words of God(Allah) gives our life faith and meaning.

Pete,

Hello Pete,

Welcome to TTI. We hope you find the site beneficial & resourceful. Islam is more than just "feels rights"....the Quran starts out by stating "This is the Book whereof there is no doubt" (2:2). Which other scripture do you know that starts off like this?

Everything in Islam is logic. It captures the heart and mind. What makes Islam 'feel right' is that we believe in One God (Allah in Arabic). He is the Most High, Most Merciful, Most Forgiving, Most Compassionate, etc. He has 99 attributes. He is nothing like his creation. Unlike Christianity He does not have human attributes. He does not need to sleep, eat, etc. This is fundamental belief has won the hearts of many. There is no religion that can compete with this simple and logical article of faith. Try kneeling and putting your head on the ground when praying...you'll see that it just 'feels right'.......

My best wishes to you,

TheHumbleWun

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Hey Pete,
Welcome to TTI.

Brother the best thing you can do is to go to the source of the information. In the case of Islam it is the Quran. Here is a good website which contains not just the translation but also the explanation of the Quranic verses.
http://www.islamicstudies.info/tafheem.php

You can view it as you chose and also there is this "Intro" button which gives explanation and background of each chapter.
Try it ...... I am sure you will benefit from it. InshaAllah.

Hope to see you around.

massi

My experience is this; I was raised Catholic, yet I after a year at univeristy studying philosophy I have realized that my religion is without grounds and a sense very immoral. However I still have a feeling in my heart that Catholicism is true, in some sense it 'feels right'. I believe this is the result of the way I have been raised and social conditioning. This is why I am asking members of other religions if they too feel in their heart that their religion is the truth.
first

:SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206::SMILY206:

second
who are the happiest people in the world ???

The suicide rate

1207048721image001111.gif

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

Firslty welcome to you Pete. I was not raised a muslim but as a hindu. But I've cousins who are catholic (my mom's sister's children because she married a catholic) and uncle who are protestant. My parents always unable to satisfy me with answers when I enquired them about hinduism, same goes to my cousins when I enquired about christianity. Therefore, when I was in my teen age I explored hinduism, buddism, sikhism and christianity. Somehow, I was a buddist for a while and later I was actively going to Sikh Gurdwara (temple) through a punjabi friend. But since my childhood I was more exposed to Islam because out of 10 friends I have 8 of them a muslims. In fact when I was 12 years old I wanted to revert to Islam but there was strong resistence from my family. In my last days of my pre-Islamic lives I actively go to sikh gurdwara you know why? Because their gurdwara look like masjid. I've been to church, hindu temple, buddist temple, gurdwara and masjid in my childhood until the age of 29. Let me tell you that Islam was the most perfect religion, consistent in its believe, unadulterated Holy Qur'an, Hadith of the Prophet etc. One unforgetable incident happened to me which was the big about turn in my life after which I did not delay my reversion to Islam anymore.

fada_all

Hello Pete, welcome to TTI and I hope that you will enjoy your time around learning from what TTI has to offer :)

I feel Islam is the truth intuitively *and* actually..intuitively in the positive..beautiful sentiments..wisdom and peace it embeds in my heart and spirit..and *actually*..in the gentleness..justice..equality..nobleness..and honor it provides for those who *sincerely* embrace it..preach it..and practice it

This question is partial to the question before it..as the Qura'an provides one of the *major means* through which I feel what I stated about Islam...reading is profound..it leaves the heart trembling with humility and reverence..something which I do not experience AT ALL with anything else I ever read..not even the couple of chapters I read from a Bible..this in itself leaves me with a deep belief that the words of The Quran are from a source beyond our human ability and ceaces *perfection* without the slightest *doubt*

Yes..thanks be to Allah..though I did not start practicing until about 6 years ago

I will make you suffer through a bit of a cliche and say...*everything*..but *truly* mean it..especially as a woman..everything about Islam regarding my status as a female..my purpose in this world..what is decreed *for* me and what is decreed *unto* me..has instilled a full conviction within me that *everything* about Islam *feels right (and then *some*)* :)

Welcome to TTI time and time again Pete :)

Peace

salam alikom

good answer sister masha allah:ma: may allah reward you the hightest rank in al firdaous al 'aala

moon14

Pete, hi and welcome

Your feeling is based on your knowledge right now, as per my understanding. As long as you did not find better than Catholic, this feeling will exists. And sometimes this feeling is forced by the nature of the mankind which does not want to feel that what he has experienced was wrong, so all efforts made were wrong and useless. You may experience other religions and you may or you may not change your feeling, but if you discovered Islam your feeling will change 100% that the Islam is the only right and perfect religion, and the Holy Qur'an is the only God's Word.

Best Regards

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I am not a Muslim, I was a Catholic for 18 years. I am interested in the religious experience of Muslims on this board. I have had what could be described as Catholic religious experiences. I am wondering if Muslims experience the same things.

Would you mind expounding on your Catholic religious experience? Or if its something you would rather not share, that is okay aswell, you don't have to say.
If you are a Muslim do you feel intuitively that your religion is the truth?
Yes.
Or believe that the Qur'an is self evidently the truth when you read it?
Yes
Were you raised a Muslim?
Alhamdulillaah (May Allaah be praised) Yes.

A one word answer to that would be 'everything' and I wanted to requote the following from the above post because it applies to me aswell:
ayman1 said:
Islam is the truth because everything in it appeals to the heart and the mind equally. In Islam, you never have to reconcile scripture with history or science and you never find a conflict between faith and reason. In Islam, you never have to sacrifice material good for spiritual growth or individual rights for society's benefit.

A Muslim always knows what's right and what's wrong, and when he or she does wrong knows how to fix it and move on.

Welcome to the site