IT IS PROHIBITED TO PRAISE ANYONE SO MUCH

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
IT IS PROHIBITED TO PRAISE ANYONE SO MUCH THAT THERE MAY BE FEAR OF HIS BEING INTOXICATED BECAUSE OF THAT
Sahih Muslim Book 42, Number 7139:

'Abd al-Rahman b. Abu Bakra reported on the authority of his father that a person praised another person in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), whereupon he said: Woe be to thee, you have broken the neck of your friend, you have broken the neck of your friend-he said this twice. If one of you has to praise his friend at all, he should say: I think (him to be) so and Allah knows it well and I do not know the secret of the heart and Allah knows the destined end, and I cannot testify his purity against Allah but (he appears) to be so and so.

Book 42, Number 7140:

Abd al-Rahman b. Abu Bakra reported on the authority of his father that a person was mentioned in the presence of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), and a person said: Allah's Messenger, no person is more excellent than he after Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him). Thereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said: Woe be to thee, you have broken the neck of your friend, and he said this twice. Then Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: If anyone has to praise his brother at all, he should say: I think him to be so and so, and even on this he should say: I do not consider anyone purer than Allah (considers). This hadith has been transmitted on the authority of Shu'ba with a slight variation of wording.

Book 42, Number 7141:

Abu Musa reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saw a person lauding another person or praising him too much. Thereupon he said: You killed him, or you sliced the back of a person.

Book 42, Number 7142:

Abu Ma'mar reported that a person lauded a ruler amongst the rulers and Miqdad began to throw dust upon him and he said: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) commanded us that we should throw dust upon the faces of those who shower too much praise.

Book 42, Number 7143:

Hammam b. al-Harith reported that a person began to praise 'Uthman and Miqdad sat upon his knee; and he was a bulky person and began to throw pebbles upon his (flatterer's) face. Thereupon 'Uthman said: What is the matter with you? And he said: Verily, Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: When you see those who shower (undue) praise (upon others), throw dust upon their faces.

Book 42, Number 7144:

This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Miqdad through another chain of transmitters.

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
:salam2: , not at all at times you have to praise anyone to encourage when someone is losing his/her confidence or feeling down, it was method o f Prophet S.A.W, he used to say i.e, hazrat Abdullah bin Umar had not habit of tahajud (the late night prayer) He S.A.W said what a excellent man Abdullah is if he pray night prayers. so some time its important rather essential to praise someone to do good especially kids and students, but it should be ture ( means that quality must be present ion that person) and it should not be overwhelming :wasalam:

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu Alaikum:D
so, we can praise them if they have the quality, like if someone is been kind to you, you can say "tabarakaAllah, you are a kind person"??? because they are actually kind.
By the way JazakaAllah khairan for sharing:D
Allah hafiz now and always:D

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
sure you can thank and praise her/him, coz whoever dont thank people dont thank Allah. but in limits, wsalam
your aviator make me smile always its really cute, bless you

Muhammad Saleh

:salam2:

these hadiths also imply that dont be overwhelmed by others and make others feel like this, according to my limited understanding and knowledge of islam. we all desire to be praised and appreciated and to attain this we are always trying hard. when we see someone being praised too much we might also end up having a strong desire to be praised as well. Islam is all about relieving us from pleasing all other masters but Allah. this feeling of being only responsible to Allah alone and pleasing just Him, is so much important for us to realize our true potentials and be ourselves. Now adays we are programmed to be competitive and prove our superiority over others. but islam want us to colaborate with eachother to make everyone feel that only thing one must care about is, please ALLAH.
we all need to be moderate and humble in whatever we do or say. we should all try to defend everyone whoever is being defamed infront of us by saying good words for him and try to be modest while saying something good about others.

Allah Knows the best

:wasalam:

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
masha Allah brother, truly said in fact our worldly knowledge polish us on the basis of self centered-ism, so we always try hard to make our self prominent among others but the reality is this world n this universe is God centered He is only praise worthy because every khair (good thing) is from His side, we should be humble, barik Allah

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
sure you can thank and praise her/him, coz whoever dont thank people dont thank Allah. but in limits, wsalam
your aviator make me smile always its really cute, bless you

inshaAllah, I will try to limit:D
Iam glad it makes you smile:D may you forver smile.Ameen,
thanks for the comment on my AVATER, lol I LOOOOV my avater:D:D
anyways, I dont want to go OFF topic;JazakaAllah khairan for your reply dear:D
May Allah bless you too:D
Allah hafiz now and always:D
Anna uhubiki fiAllah:D

Muhammad Saleh

masha Allah brother, truly said in fact our worldly knowledge polish us on the basis of self centered-ism, so we always try hard to make our self prominent among others but the reality is this world n this universe is God centered He is only praise worthy because every khair (good thing) is from His side, we should be humble, barik Allah

thank you sister for whatever i said made sense to you. i like reading your posts because you refer to orignal sources(Quran and sunnah). Every ayah and hadith is thought provoking, wonderful and centered around one message which is to worship none but Allah. and RasooAlllah(PBUH) conveyed this message so well that it makes us realize the importance of "Muhammadur RasoolAllah"(PBUH) as an integral part of our shahada.

:wasalam: