Raped and killed 14 yr old, but no death penalty

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2:

Can anyone commit worse crime than this???

A former US soldier convicted of rape and murder in Iraq has been spared the death penalty.

Steven Green, 24, will now be sentenced to life in prison, after jurors in the state of Kentucky could not agree unanimously on his punishment.

A judge is expected to formally sentence Green in September.

In May, the jury found Green guilty of the rape of a 14-year-old Iraqi girl and the killing of her and her family near Baghdad in 2006.

Four other soldiers are serving sentences of between five and 110 years for their roles in the 2006 incident.

Three had admitted holding down Abeer Qassim al-Janabi, raping her and then killing her, her parents and her younger sister at the family's home in Mahmudiya before torching the building.

Mr Green was discharged from the 101st Airborne Division before the case came to light.

He was the first ex-soldier to be charged under a US law that allows prosecution for crimes committed overseas.

Source BBC

TeenagerMuslim

OMG! :(

It is heart breaking! May Allah keep our sisters & mothers in His shelter.

Like bro Idris16 has touched, it would have been bigger news may be even a main headline if there was, Nauzbillah, some Muslim involved in such an activity. Media has never been fair to Muslim. Nothing new though.

May Allah bless this little sister's innocent soul.

autumnyaar

Oh sister, when I heard about this incident I was disgusted. Rape is such a disgusting and cruel act on a woman. When I found out they even had pictures of it, I was even more disgusted... what is happening the world today, it seems all we can do it cry...

I'm not surprised at the verdict here... lets all hope someone decides to kill him in prison. :[

vegangoth

Banned
It is heart breaking! May Allah keep our sisters & mothers in His shelter.

Like bro Idris16 has touched, it would have been bigger news may be even a main headline if there was, Nauzbillah, some Muslim involved in such an activity. Media has never been fair to Muslim. Nothing new though.

May Allah bless this little sister's innocent soul.

To be fair if some muslims didn't act like crazed idiots then perhaps coverage might have been better.

But yes I agree with the terrible coverage this story got. The death penelty does not solve anything though.

vegangoth

Banned
Why dont they get the coverage, why dont the christian and satanist radicals get the coverage?

Plus I can give you tons of evidence of deliberate distortion by the corporate media.

The mad christians get plenty of coverage they are just not as violent as some of the Muslims have been. I have no doubt that the media have an agenda, but it's up the the ordindary muslims to try and change. Unfortuantley many Muslims live in non muslim countries so they are in a minority and saying thign like every woman should were a burqa and that certain sectios of society should be out to death is not compatible with western though. So it's no suprise that the radical muslims get all the attention, attention which they love!!!

mhamzah

The mad christians get plenty of coverage they are just not as violent as some of the Muslims have been.

Oh really, why did you have to google it than if these people get all the coverage, when did you hear baout them on bbc.

Unfortuantley many Muslims live in non muslim countries so they are in a minority and saying thign like every woman should were a burqa and that certain sectios of society should be out to death is not compatible with western though.

they are a very small minority of Muslims. how many of the 2 million Muslims living in uk have you personally met.

TeenagerMuslim

To be fair if some muslims didn't act like crazed idiots then perhaps coverage might have been better.
I would say it's more to do with who is the news about; after the ratio in which how many Muslims and non-Muslims do some bad act. If some Muslims have done some bad acts, so have done ALL other black sheep from other groups - but the mainstream Media spreads hate about Muslims by keeping the spot light on those some Muslims.

mhamzah

By the way what are you trying to prove by all this. If you want to show us the bad behaviour of some of the Muslims, I can do so of any group or community. what will that prove. We can have a atheist here who is most well behaved, doesn't mean he is right.

vegangoth

Banned
The mad christians get plenty of coverage they are just not as violent as some of the Muslims have been.

Oh really, why did you have to google it than if these people get all the coverage, when did you hear baout them on bbc.

I didn't google the mad Christians I googled the mad Hindus. Because I had never heard of them, but then I don't watch the news 24/7.

Unfortuantley many Muslims live in non muslim countries so they are in a minority and saying thign like every woman should were a burqa and that certain sectios of society should be out to death is not compatible with western though.

they are a very small minority of Muslims. how many of the 2 million Muslims living in uk have you personally met.

about 3 and none of them have been on the extreme side,as far as I know. I was trying to stick up for the majority of muslims who do have to put up with the fall out of the minority that are a bit extremest.

vegangoth

Banned
I would say it's more to do with who is the news about; after the ratio in which how many Muslims and non-Muslims do some bad act. If some Muslims have done some bad acts, so have done ALL other black sheep from other groups - but the mainstream Media spreads hate about Muslims by keeping the spot light on those some Muslims.

I agree with you up to a point. I don't belive the media spreads hate ( at lest not the mainstream media) It can spread untruths, not delibretly but my missunderstanding. I also think that they are trying to change I have noticed that more Muslims are being reprecented on programms such as the BBC's "The big questions" Everyone know's changing attitudes takes time but for attitudes to change then both sides have to help the process.

vegangoth

Banned
By the way what are you trying to prove by all this. If you want to show us the bad behaviour of some of the Muslims, I can do so of any group or community. what will that prove. We can have a atheist here who is most well behaved, doesn't mean he is right.

I don't need to show you the bad behaviour of some Muslims, The have done that themselves. This topic however has gone waaaaaay of topic though. Sorry.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Ya Allah,this is so sad and it brough tears in my eyes.

May Allah Almighty reword our litlle sister with Jannatul Firdows and her family, and punish this evil man with Hell fire!!!!!! He is so poor and all his life is so poor.He is not even human but monster.May Allah punish him with the greatest punishemt and all simullar to him.Ameen.

May Allah protect our Ummah.Ameen.

:wasalam:

mhamzah

I don't need to show you the bad behaviour of some Muslims, The have done that themselves. This topic however has gone waaaaaay of topic though. Sorry.

So have any other community ... WHAT DOES THAT PROVE.

Its funny the moment I came to other communities, the topic went way two far. Anyways don't worry

You told me on another thread, nice having a debate with you. I don't go debate people. If I am not wrong you came here to learn about Islam, however in virtually every thread you are out looking for a debate.

One can only know the truth when his/her mind is clear, unfortuantely not every one can keep in mind clear when he/she is looking for a debate. Debate brings about heat and wining an argument becomes more important than trying to understand things.

If there anyone here who is forcing his beliefs on you.

vegangoth

Banned
So have any other community ... WHAT DOES THAT PROVE.

Its funny the moment I came to other communities, the topic went way two far. Anyways don't worry

You told me on another thread, nice having a debate with you. I don't go debate people. If I am not wrong you came here to learn about Islam, however in virtually every thread you are out looking for a debate.

One can only know the truth when his/her mind is clear, unfortuantely not every one can keep in mind clear when he/she is looking for a debate. Debate brings about heat and wining an argument becomes more important than trying to understand things. No one is forcing his/her belief on you.

I used the word debate because I though "Chatting" would be to informal.
I'm trying to undertand Islamic belife by asking questions and questioning the answers because I don't undertsand. I seem to be incapible of just reading the Koran and accepting it for what it is saying, I guess I can't get out of my non-mulsim, western cultured brain. The question "Why" seems more important to me than "Accept" I'd make a rubbish muslim but I don't drink so that's a start!!!

TeenagerMuslim

I agree with you up to a point. I don't belive the media spreads hate ( at lest not the mainstream media) It can spread untruths, not delibretly but my missunderstanding. I also think that they are trying to change I have noticed that more Muslims are being reprecented on programms such as the BBC's "The big questions" Everyone know's changing attitudes takes time but for attitudes to change then both sides have to help the process.
Let me be blunt here. You don't but I DO believe that mainstream Media has been, and does, spread the hate against Muslims whenever find the chance. Every single chance is not being missed, I think.

...And, you might not agree with me cos you intentionally repeat their words what they spread. You need to learn about Islam, debating won't get you see the right Islam - but Quran and Sunnah. BUT then I have just read:
I'm trying to undertand Islamic belife by asking questions and questioning the answers because I don't undertsand. I seem to be incapible of just reading the Koran and accepting it for what it is saying, I guess I can't get out of my non-mulsim, western cultured brain.
If you can't agree with what Quran says, I am afraid you might not find yourself agreeing with real Muslims on most of the topics because of a very simple and clear reason: They speak Quran!

I'd make a rubbish muslim but I don't drink so that's a start!!!
This isn't the route you take to enter Islam, NOT even in jokes.