muslims lead the way

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

I sincerely hope you were being sarcastic with your comment - "leading" in violence is not much leadership. Violence begets violence - and where does that leave us?

ZainabMedina

no salam?

anyways, asalamu alaikum :)

remember voilence is not the way!
as q8penpals above has said, i hope your being sarcastic!

Summer03

3doTs2sQuares
Have you got nothing else to do but use this indirect way of degrading us Muslims...? It's sad how you yourself are 'leading the way' for people to think that we really are what they see in the media.

Salam

After 'exemplary' muslim protests in Athens, burning cars and destroying property, sikhs in india decide to follow suit.

An austrian sikh temple is attacked and sikhs in india decide to hold riots:

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSTRE54O0WV20090525?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews

Salaam,

It's good that you point this article out because in the eyes of non-Muslims they think we are the only ones that commit "violence". Western media is real loud when we make acts of "violence" but I have yet to hear anything about the Sikhs or other groups destroying property, etc. What's worse is the Western crusaders are not only invading Muslim lands but destroying the infrastructure, homes, cars, masjids,families,etc but they present themselves in such a positive light. I find this really strange.

Usually Western media will try to bring in "subject matter experts" to comment on the "violence" and blow the violence out of proportion, especially of a Muslim. Yet I've not seen or heard this on the news today. Then again you have to understand who owns U.S/Western media and I think we know who ;)

I am not in the favor of destroying property and I believe we Muslims should do our best to hold our anger, even though some of us are more sensitive than others. May Allah guide us and give us patience.

I see your article as an eye-opener to Western media and I'm sure you were being sarcastic about Muslim's "leading" the way.

another factor to point out is that these "acts of violence" are reactive not proactive

white reverts tend to hold their countries above fault. especially americans

obviously ofcourse when they were christians some were even used to taking the bible to the toilet with them. understandably they dont hold the Quran in the high level of respect.

so when someone stomps on the Quran, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting

when someone abuses Muhammad pbuh, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting

when someone abuses muslims, muslims fathers and mothers, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting

when someone invades a poorer country, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting

when someones lives are ruined and they are homeless, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting

for once i wish americans would put themselves in the poor man's position. if they dont protest, what else can the poor man do? sit quiet and let the rich n powerful take advantage of his helplessness????

mhamzah

another factor to point out is that these "acts of violence" are reactive not proactive

React but keep your emotions in tact. A Muslim is one who does not let his/her emotions over take him,

white reverts tend to hold their countries above fault. especially americans

A common phrase in the Quran is 'Amongst them' or 'A party of them' or 'Some of them'

obviously ofcourse when they were christians some were even used to taking the bible to the toilet with them. understandably they dont hold the Quran in the high level of respect.

A White former Texan Christian you once quoted in one on your posts some time back, says no Muslim will take the Quran into the bathroom (specially once they know it is not right).

http://www.bridgetofaith.com/showDetail.php?Catholic-TV-Better-Understanding-2-23 (Time: 3:35)

so when someone stomps on the Quran, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting. when someone abuses Muhammad pbuh, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting. when someone abuses muslims, muslims fathers and mothers, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting. when someone invades a poorer country, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting. when someones lives are ruined and they are homeless, they blame the weaker poorer muslims for protesting.

Dont think anyone out here is not saying don't protest, just be sensible in the way you protest.

20 Years on - Salam Rushdie is still alive after publisihing his book, he got publicity, fame and money. 40 Muslims died in 1989 in U.K. while protesting.

2005 Danish Cartoon - Lets move to Pakistan this time, how many Muslim lost their properties, how many shops and cars were burned down. Just put yourself in those poor men position for a while. What was their fault.

"And lower your wing for the believers (be courteous to the fellow believers)". (15:88)

Nu`man bin Bashir (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".

for once i wish americans would put themselves in the poor man's position. if they dont protest, what else can the poor man do? sit quiet and let the rich n powerful take advantage of his helplessness????

Protest but protest against the rich oppressor, not fellow Muslims and innocent Non-Muslims. Two wrongs does not make a right in Islam. End DOES NOT justices the means in Islam.

These conclude my thoughts,

May Allah guide us closer to the truth.

:wasalam:

for a boy who claims to be a muslim, one sure sees signs of weakness of faith.

and i quote:

Salam Rushdie...got publicity, fame and money.

anyone who believes that rushdie has publicity fame and money is sorely lacking in faith.

if rushdie has fame and money,
abu jahl had more
Firaun had even more!

what good did it do them?

if this new generation believes that fame and money means someone is right or on the right path, all that glitters is gold, then all is surely lost and islam is all but dead.

true, the protest should be against the oppressors, not against muslims or non-muslims. everybody is quick to point this out. then again as the voice of the poor man i can say the exact same thing:

if you want usama bin laden or taliban, then go after them, not after the poor common afghan.

iraq is a subject where the injustice and tyranny of US came to light. pages and pages can be written.

mhamzah

and i quote:

anyone who believes that rushdie has publicity fame and money is sorely lacking in faith.

abu jahl had more
Firaun had even more!

if this new generation believes that fame and money means someone is right or on the right path, all that glitters is gold, then all is surely lost and islam is all but dead.

I didnt say it will bring him any good. Who said he is on the right path.

The boy who blame fellow Muslim for which he has no knowledge needs to think twice.

and i quote:

abu jahl had more
Firaun had even more!

Salaam,

I don't think brother mhamzah said anything positive about fame and money, but that is what Rushdie got at the end from Western countries.

Reminds me of a piece of thread I wrote about S. Rushdie. Enjoy:

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=213540&postcount=38

mhamzah

true, the protest should be against the oppressors, not against muslims or non-muslims. everybody is quick to point this out. then again as the voice of the poor man i can say the exact same thing:/B]
if you want usama bin laden or taliban, then go after them, not after the poor common afghan. iraq is a subject where the injustice and tyranny of US came to light. pages and pages can be written.

First of all, I (and I guess most of us) would be the last person you would want to tell that.

But will an Iraqi killing/hurting an Iraqi, and an Afgan killing/hurting an Afghan and a Pakistani killig/hurting a Pakistani will solve anything. Infact you have created another poor man. We started with one now we have two.

And since we are talking about being on the straight path, does the right path allows it. After all that whats most important (Islam - being on the straight path).

Nothing personal against you, just trying to show at times Muslim act with emotions whist common sense demand something else.

Apologise in advance for an offense.

:wasalam:

mhamzah

I don't think brother mhamzah said anything positive about fame and money, but that is what Rushdie got at the end from Western countries.

Salam Alakyum brother,

Jazakallah Khair,

What I meant is that he made these things at the expense of live of 40 Muslims.

If Muslims in apartheid south africa, managed to get the book banned with it getting much coverage, why didn't Muslim in U.K considered that an option. I am not even saying that is what should have been done, but the issue could have been handled in a much better way than it was.

Now they pay him (not that I care how much he gets) and invite him to reducible our religion. So what did he achieve;

1. lost lives of atleast 40 Muslims, most of them wouldn't even have read the book.
2. The book must have had sold much more copies than it would ever had done.
3. he is still being invited to further insult us and our religion.
4. How many other Non-Muslims have followed him in writing books against Islam.

But the main problem is time after time we keep on making the same mistakes. Not only do we let the Non-Muslims get away with it but we do hurt our own innocent brothers and sisters. We dont seem to learning from our mistakes.

If only we are 'proactive' rather than 'reactive', and analyse these issues and learn from our mistakes so that we can handle things in future in a much better way. Unfortuantely I'll have to agree most of us are too busy with the materalistic life.

But will an Iraqi killing/hurting an Iraqi, and an Afgan killing/hurting an Afghan and a Pakistani killig/hurting a Pakistani will not solve anything. Infact you have created another poor man. We started with one now we have two.

this excuse does not justify US imperialistic presence on iraqi or afghan soil. pakistan suffered for 10 years from sectarian violence. after which shias and sunnis learned to live together as neighbours. the founder of that country was a shia.

US should leave iraq and afghanistan. they will fight but reach a common ground between themselves.

unlike the west, eastern muslim countries do not carry out pogroms or ethnic cleansing. but since the west is guilty of this, they tend to think everyone must be as barbaric "as the history of the white man".

the West can't even stop excessive *!*!*!*!ography in their media. legal methods to ban nude statues showing female anatomy are ineffective and yield results which are favor of the criminal.

they can't even stop excessive crime in their countries. their prisons are full and their criminal laws are useless.

so what have they got to teach us? their own forms of protest are in-effective.

our forms of protest may be harsh but at least they are effective.

our forms of criminal punishment is hard but effective

mhamzah

this excuse does not justify US imperialistic presence on iraqi or afghan soil.

Who is saying it justifies it. If only you had read the line above it, that should have been enough.