• Yes

Votes: 34 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

islamisthesolution

:salam2:

this is just amazing thing that i wasnt noticing

its absolutely one of the most beautiful things that i wasnt aware of . i wasnt actually a big fan of reading but i discovered that i wasted many many years of my life without doing this most beautiful thing which is reading . i used to read my professional books and the HOly Quran and nothing else .

it started when a couple of my students gave me books as apresent and something to remember them with when they finish their course . in fact at when my first student gave me a book i put it aside and i didnt read then another one gave me another book the same thing happened but the last student gave me abook and she asked me to read a small part of it infront of her and i just loved it and i cant stop reading and when i finish it i will read the rest of the books inshAllah.

i had this idea and thought that i feel that the books are boring but what is amazing for me that i never ever feel bored of reading Quran subhanAllah however i was not a big fan of reading but i always read Quran and there is no other book in the whole world like it so true but i just discovered the joy of reading .

now i need you to vote then recommend and tell me about the best books that you ever read besides Quran please so i can read after finishing my special collection .

i feel like i grow ten years older i feel blessed alhamdulillah:)
take care

Almeftah

Reading gives you knowledge, And knowledge gives you power, Then you chose to use that power for the good or the bad.

fada_all

salam alikom

good idea masha allah!!!!!!!!!!!me too i like so much reading specially Qur'an karim , and novels ,some philosophic books and also books that talk about the science of psychology ......of course islamic books

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
salam
though computer n television has taken more time of our daily routine, but there is no replacement of reading...
so i do read ...
jasak Allah
wsalam

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

I read but i am an audio learner so i like listening to lectures best but as the sister said theres no replacement for reading i enjoy reading the biographies of the prophets (as) and their companions the most :hijabi:

:wasalam:

Sanaa01

Muslima

I used to hate reading as well and always thought it was boring
Now reading is my favorite thing to do whenever I find quite time I read books alhamdolillah I have couple of books waiting for me to read on my kindle and all I need is free time

:wasalam:

salek

i love to read quran the best. after quran i would love and enjoy reading the biographies of the prophets, sahabas and kholaphaie rashidin.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

''The Hollow People'' By http://www.briankeaney.com/ Is the best book I have read, it's fiction, and is a 3 part series, check his website

Infact I'm writing a fiction story at the moment for school, :D one week left inshallah to hand it in. I'm hoping to get an A or at least B++ :)

:lol::salam2:

muharram23

Staff member
Are there certain books that Muslims are not allowed to read? Obviously those with a sexual slant are a given.

Vagan

In Islam we are obligated to attain knowledge of or religion. We have to know what are the permissible and what the impermissible things are. This knowledge is primary. Then comes the knowledge of our wordly affairs. No problem studying all other fields. But we are encouraged to stay away from things that are not beneficial even if the knowledge we are gaining is of no benefit. All the things which might lead Muslims to commit sins or cause temptations are also impermissible. It not only include reading but also watching, attending places, dating etc. If it is a sin then Islam doesn't only prohibit the act itself but everything that leads to it.

Thanx

vegangoth

Banned
Vagan

In Islam we are obligated to attain knowledge of or religion. We have to know what are the permissible and what the impermissible things are. This knowledge is primary. Then comes the knowledge of our wordly affairs. No problem studying all other fields. But we are encouraged to stay away from things that are not beneficial even if the knowledge we are gaining is of no benefit. All the things which might lead Muslims to commit sins or cause temptations are also impermissible. It not only include reading but also watching, attending places, dating etc. If it is a sin then Islam doesn't only prohibit the act itself but everything that leads to it.

Thanx

Awesome! Thank you for that explanation.

muharram23

Staff member
Reading has always been my number one hobby and interest. I inherited that from my mom, may God bless her soul. It is hard to justify not reading when one knows that the first revealed word of the Quran is "Read!"

salamu alaykum

Stament mentioned in Quran is"iqra" means to recite. Quraan therfore is that which is recited. It is well known that resulullah saw couldn't read nor write. It is irrelevant to tell someone to walk who Is handicapped. But he saw was able to recite. "iqra(recite) in the name of your lord who created".

Wassalam

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Asalamu alaykum

yes i do read and love reading. But insha Alah now i want to switch to reading ISLAMIC BOOKS. Of course i do read the quran in english. But i also read other books. The bad thing is there is no Islamic book store anywhere near me.:(

wasalam

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
Reading is so beautiful, mashallah. It is an open door to knowledge and it takes you to another world. My kids love to read!

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu Alaikum:D:D:D
well, I chose *yes* and for this days, the only things I read are the posts here:DBut there was a time in my life(a year ag0) when I read 3-5 books in two weeks or soo..I loved to read( I still do when the book is very interesting:D:D) anyways, it's very fun to sit down and just read!I enjoyed it alot:) might be going back to that habit during the summer inshaAllah:)
Nice thread:):)
Allah hafiz now and always:)