Do not give your own fatwaa

nori suja'i

Majority muslim in my cntry are using fatwa from Imam Shafee'i (one of the four Imam of Islam after the death of Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and his companions).

Yusuf1990

al-Inglezi
As-salaamu'alaykum warahmatullaah,

JazakumAllaahu khairan for the nice reminder, may we all benefit from it.

Although this should not stop someone from posting evidence and general advice among the brothers and sisters is ok, inshaa'Allaah.

For example a few times on this site I have found people making taqleed (blind following) of particular madhaahib, so in response I have posted some evidence from the 4 Imaam's regarding blindly following them and its prohibition - that was not a fatwa, that was advice.

And like has been said, if someone uses a fatwa of a Shaykh and refers to it (making this known) then khayr inshaa'Allaah.

Was-salaam.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Brother Ayman, as always you make the different. JazakhAllah khair brother.

I also agree with brother Yusuf1990 said. Well said brother.

Brother tombstone was right, to some extent. But my comments below will be pertaining to other's subsequent comment not to argue what brother tombstone wrote coz his intention was very very good, good reminder to everyone of us mashAllah.

For the first time, I managed to read everyone's comments pertaining to a very good issue brought up by tombstone coz I think it is very important to know how the members of TTI judging other member's comments.

Absolutely agree with "junaid hasan", how many ulamas are there in this website? I think many questions will be unanswered in reasonable time if we have to rely on fatwa which may be somewhere there but no one was able to find on urgent basis. Though you know the answer with Qur'an and Hadith as daleel coz learned from your sheikh but you are not a scholar hence no right to give fatwa, so you have to refrain from giving advise. This is bad news for TTI members.

Everyone knows the level of knowledge they have about the deen, so issue opinion based on your knowledge is it wrong? Yes some ayat or Hadith contain broad meaning but you learned from your sheikh and you share something with someone who needed some advise here, is it wrong? Some of the questions or advise sought here maybe within the boundaries of your knowledge about the deen and you share it with your brother or sister who needed it, is it wrong? I hope the answer is no.

No, someone said you can give advise if you know/pretty sure about it but another person will say you need to elaborate in details including providing fatwa as daleel from Qur'an and Hadith is not enough and you are not scholar. Where are we heading to?

Some of your comments have made me to think, do you value the effort taken by your brothers and sisters in TTI or is this question always play in your mind "is this person a scholar for him/her to say this..."

I think the best thing to do for me now, to refrain from saying anything from now on...I tender my sincere apology if I've ever wronged anyone at anytime. I'm very disturb to read this thread because it discourage me from posting my opinion though I back up with daleel from a learned sheikh.

Note: I'm not leaving.

:salam2:

:jazaak:

I especially wanted to thank the last few posters who took the time to explain this matter. It was very informative and appreciated.

If someone came here and posted that "why muslims pray" or something in that sense, I think I am able to explain these type of questions.

I think that was the essence of why this forum is running.

by the way, when there is something that I read here that caught my attention, I always invest time in researching it and asking an Imam. This way I benefit from the information and apply the action. It wouldn't of entered my mind had I not read. So thank you all members, for contributing to me increasing my knowledge.

one last thing, when posting a fatwa by a sheik, please do include the question asked, and the sheik who said it. It makes life much simpler.

:wasalam:

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I will certainly share brother Ayman, I do see people still replying to the threads as "the Prophet said..." without giving proof they referring to which Sahih and what is the interpretation etc etc. For me I can accept as like the sister before you said I too go back and verify what have been said here if I feel is not right or doubtful (such as never heard of that Hadith for an example).

I would like to suggest (just my opinion) we confront the person who posted his/her comment right on the face. By this way we know what went wrong, everyone can take lesson if what has been said was wrong, and the person who posted it will exercise more care. Now I do not know who said what and what was the problem as so far I do not see any problem from any of the threads except the worshipper of shyaitaan and the so called modernist comments which draw some attention.

I also would like to request do not underestimate reverts, some of them spent years to do research about Islam before embracing Islam. Reverts do have shortcomings same like the others so pls correct if we (I'm reverts too) do say things which was not right.