Words to Think about...

bdot

:salam2:

I came across a group of people a little while back who call themselves "progressive muslims". I don't know what in the world that means, but they propagated this idea of modernization of Islam, moderation in Muslim belief, and a revamping of the Quran to make it coincide with present day values. After conversing with these individuals for a while, the following verses of the Quraan came to my mind and I believe they fit the occasion pretty well. Instead of trying to describe them to you, I'll let Allah, our Lord, do it for me . . .

Surah Al- Baqarah: verses 8-20 (Abdullah Yusuf Ali translation)

8. Of the people there are some who say: "We believe in Allah and the Last Day" but they do not (really) believe.

9. Fain would they deceive Allah and those who believe but they only deceive themselves and realize (it) not!

10. In their hearts is a disease; and Allah has increased their disease and grievous is the penalty they (incur) because they are false (to themselves).

11. When it is said to them: "Make not mischief on the earth" they say: "Why we only want to make peace!"

12. Of a surety they are the ones who make mischief but they realize (it) not.

13. When it is said to them: "Believe as the others believe" they say: "Shall we believe as the fools believe?" nay of a surety they are the fools buy they do not know.

14. When they meet those who believe they say: "We believe" but when they are alone with their evil ones they say: "We are really with you we (were) only jesting."

15. Allah will throw back their mockery on them and give them rope in their trespasses; so they will wander like blind ones (to and fro).

16. These are they who have bartered guidance for error: but their traffic is profitless and they have lost true direction.

17. Their similitude is that of a man who kindled a fire; when it lighted all around him Allah took away their light and left them in utter darkness so they could not see.

18. Deaf dumb and blind they will not return (to the path).

19. Or (another similitude) is that of a rain-laden cloud from the sky; in it are zones of darkness and thunder and lightning they press their fingers in their ears to keep out the stunning thunder-clap the while they are in terror of death. But Allah is ever round the rejecters of Faith!

20. The lightning all but snatches away their sight; every time the light (helps) them they walk therein and when the darkness grows on them they stand still. And if Allah willed He could take away their faculty of hearing and seeing; for Allah has power over all things.

May Allah save us from deviating from His chosen path and may He relieve us of any hypocrisy in our hearts. Give yourselves sincerely to Allah, even if it means giving up what you desire for His cause.

bdot

I don't want to name anyone. Just search "progressive muslims" on google. You'll probably come across them somewhere.

My advice- stick with the jama'ah and always think, "What would the Prophet of Allah (peace be upon him) do if he were alive today?". Then draw examples from the Quraan and the Sunnah as well as the seerah and act accordingly. We have to remember, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was an example for all times and not just for Arabia in 600 AE. If we unite on this concept, no one can break us, InshaAllah.

Amina 1

Assalam Alaikum:hearts:

I don't want to know them or meet them May Allah protect us from the disbelievers and the hypocrites and Shaytan:tti_sister::tti_sister::tti_sister:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
la hawla wala qowta illa billah...

Some people have become so insolent under the Sight of Allah..that they are making *trends* out of His religion..yesterday it was Al-Qura'aniyoon..today it is *the progressives*..I am scratching *tomorrow* out of my mind..because I fear what it holds might just make me *explode* with misery at the tender age of 23!..astaghfirullah al-adheem min kolli thanbin adheem!

May Allah Keep our iman strong..and our practice sound..and Guide those worthy of guidance through His Decree..Ameen!

:wasalam:

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

:salam2: ,
I think they belong to those set of people who said that we can pray friday prayers on sunday LOL!!!!! their side of the argument was all we need is prayers that are to be done with all of us united. Stupid Morons....Anyways you always find these kind of people, so ignore them and move on. If possible try to correct them if not leave their affairs to ALLAH SWT.

wannabe_muttaqi

A MUSLIM BROTHER
Assalamu Alaikum

i think progressive muslims are those who think that Islam is just good for private life. there is no need of islamic laws. and all religions are good and valid.

and Allah knows best

That is what they call MODERN DAY SECULARISM. It has no practical benefit to anyone. It can be only good to read thats it. No pragmatic results.