Pulled my Kufi off........

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe Wabarakaathuh brothers and sisters. Today in school, it was like around 2:10, when there was a fire drill. And when I was outside, this boy pulled my Kufi off and it fell on the floor. Stupid embicile. He thinks that it was funny and everything, until I started pushing him, and then when we (my class) were walking up the steps to our classroom, I was trying to find a way of maybe dropping him on the floor.

School was over, and on the way out of my class, I was following him and his friends were around him. I was trying to find the right moment, to try to maybe do something, like tripping him face down over the steps (which is like 8 feet down), but something stopped me. He then understood that I was seriously going to try to do something, so he was getting all scared and everything.

The only drawback is that I CAN'T punch him in the face, because WALLAHI I read it in Sahih al Bukhari.

And so I just wanted to get home quick, because I was too pissed off, and this Palestinian brother (a "cool" brother, doesn't really practice Islam really, but he says salam to me and is there to get my back) asked his friend to drop me off.

In the car, I explained to all of them (4 kids, and 5 including me), and so one of them (that I know) said to me, "You want me to hit him?" And I said "If you want to," and he wanted me to say yes or no, so I said, "Yeah sure, go ahead." And so him and that one brother started asking how that kid looks like, and so forth. He then told me that he'll hit him tomorrow, but I feel that I need to do something, MYSELF, because Wallahi, if that boy put a knife on my neck, or punched me in the face, I would'nt have cared, because even Rasulallah (SAW) forgave those people that attacked HIM, but when it comes to my Kufi, I don't want to let ANYBODY show disrespect to Islam, or the Sunnah of Rasulallah (SAW).

And so I'm not sure how I should attack that kid, because I CAN'T PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE, and there's NO POINT in telling the school, because all they'll do is just suspend him for like, one to three days, like what this other school did when this Hispanic boy grabbed a Muslim sister by the throat.

My mother told me to NOT get in trouble, because if I get suspended, then my father will start getting all extremely irrational, and FORCE me to go move to his country, which I am NOT going to do! My father is someone who's narrow minded; he only thinks that if he does his Salat, and read Quran, then everything's "alright," and especially going around acting like some "Sheikh" even though he curses, smokes, is rude, (and this is when he's angry), and I try to talk him into being a TRUE Mumin, like placing your trust in Allah Subhanahu taa Alla, but he won't oblige to what I'm saying, and he STILL acts racist and has nationalism, something that I LOATHE EXTREMELY (yes, I hate EVERY country and it's culture that doesn't abide by Islam), and so if I do anything, he won't see that as being a good thing, even though I KNOW that he would fight somebody if they started cursing at him (like what he did once when I was ten years old, in a waiting rom), and so it;'s not onna go real right with him.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamaualaykum,

Huh! let me see if i got this right.... Someone is going to beat him up for you and you want to beat him too?

Is this kid bulying you? Has this sort of a thing happened before between you and himor others(in his group of friends)?

If this is one off then may be you needto let it go, but if it's a continual thing may be you should handle it (i dont know how) but i dont think violence is nesessarily the answer.

I'm serriously at a loss of what advice to give you my little brother, i dont like conflict and violence (my stomach clenches when i think about such things). Is there anyone who can advice you on how to handle it with hikmah?

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
:salam2:

Be patient brother Allah sees what you have to deal with so endure and show that you can be a patient slave, The prophet sunnah is to also calm yourself when you get angry, and also remember that the stonger person is not that of strength its the one that can control their anger so my brother control yours and you are surely stronger than this fool who is trying to provoke a reaction just dont give it to him. He wants you to be voilent to push your patience and when you react in a violent manner what will it benefit nothing just an injured person and an inflated ego....:astag:

Remember we are all ambassodors of Islam if you want to show a good example patience is the wisest decision, if your beating this guy senseless when people watch on they will just have their sterotypes confirmed that muslims are violent terrorist which we are not so dont give them an excuse or time of day ignore them and if he comes back talk to him and warn him he should get the picture.....Dont use violence as a first resort only defend yourself if he fights you..

May Allah forgive us all and give us all patience and make us amoung the patience servants :tti_sister:

:wasalam:

saif

Alhamdulillah you were always so well mannered, so I am sure you will not resolve this issue violently.

As far as my understanding of Islam goes, you do not have the right of qissaas on your own. And even if you would put your case before a qazi, the maximum qissaas you can be allowed to get is to make one of his garments dirty, because that's what he has done to you. The question is, do you really want to do it? If you get violent with him by hitting him, you will be transgressing and comitting a sin, which I am sure you would strive to avoid.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Assalamu Aleykum Warahmatullahe brothers adn sisters. It's not that I'm just all huaghty and angry, TRUST me, I'm also a Pacifist, but I do NOT want to let someone slide when they do something evil like that, because, like I (think) I said before (can't remember0,, if someone hits me, I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't CARE, it's that my Kufi is IMPORTANT to me, it's something that I've became attached too. And trust me, I don't look gorgeous with it on, but actually, it actually STOPS girls from coming to me, and I feel that Allah Subhanahu w aTa Alla might be pleased with me if I do what is right, were my Kufi to school, because it ALWAYS reminds me that I'ma a MUSLIM, and Inshallah, a BELEIVER, and so I always remember to be good, because a TRUE Muslim is the one that is Certain about Allah Subhanahu w aTa Alla and his Religion; works to become rightoues, and that encourages and tries to do the good and stay away from what is wrong.

I wouldn't want to do anything if he hadn't slapped taken my Kufi off, but he was all SMILING afterwards, and saying, "I'm sorry man, we cool now?" and like HELL NO I'M NOT! How stupid is that? You jsut did something that you KNOW isn't as worse to me than if he would beat me up, but NO! You attacked the ONLY one thing that is important to me: what amount of worships pleases Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla, and I WANT to beat that kid up, MYSELF, and not that other kid, because I WANT Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to raise my status to be of those whom he loves, and who are obediant to him.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum brother,

First things first - fight your own battles :p (Im not encouraging you to proceed with your scenario but ... its kinda shameful to let someone else do the fighting for you man)

hmm... Ask yourself - who is more important Allah swt or your kufi which seems to be somewhat "symbolic" but remember at the end of the day its just cloth, no?

If you resolve this with violence then itll be something like

- you beat the boy up next door because he broke your action figures (LOL) -

In other words, its a material posession let it go brother, let it go.

Control your anger, for that makes the man.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalamu Alaikum:D

My little akhi, it's no big deal:) I know you are attached to your Kufu (mashaAllah, tabarakaAllah) but bhai VIOLENCE is NEVER the answer!!!! like brother Ali said, it's just a material so let it go. It's not nice to fight(at least I think).
I WANT Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla to raise my status to be of those whom he loves, and who are obediant to him
I have a question on this, how can Allah raise your status for doing this?? I mean, do you think Allah loves those who react with violence?? common akhi, *PATIENCE* is needed here. Tell me what you will gain from beating up this kid?? satisfaction?? will it calm your anger?? I am sorry akhi, but I dont mean to be harsh on you, it's just my advice to you my little bro:D so, please dont get me wrong:) I am against the use of violence, it's NOT good, always be patient with the ignorant! for Allah loves those who are patient:D
may Allah help you in your journey, may Allah make matters easy for you, always protect you and guide you, may Allah give you patience.Ameen ya rab
I hope you dont fight him:)
Allah hafiz now and always:D:D:D:D

palestine

Servant of Allah
asalaamu alaykum wrwb brother, i think that you should let it go. not let it go as in ignore it. but talk to the boy and tell him what he did was wrong (write it and give it to him, but don't sign ur name on it). as for the palestinian brother, call him and tell him to call off the fight. it's better for you and for him. muslims will just be seen as more violent, so let it go in this means. don't EVER ignore a situation like this but always approach it in the best manner possible. since you wanna follow the sunnah of rasulullah s.a.w you and i should both know that violence will be of no help to us. just pray to allah swt and try to help others understand why you wear the kufi. you don't even have to explain anything either. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Brother Abdul Hasib, You do realise that you are an ambassador of Islam in your school. As mentioned by a brother earlier in this thread " control your anger, that makes a man".. Well it definitely would set you apart from the rest of your class mates, if you didnt resort to violence or 'tit for tat' because majority of kids in school pick up fights. Be it a small argument or a big disagreement, the natural reaction for school going children to resort by physically harming the other.

Now what would set you apart would be really high morals. And actions that reflect those high morals. If you went and had a word with the fellow and let him know that the kufi is something important to you and that you wont tolerate him taking liberties with you like disrespecting your kufi. This would solve 2 purposes :

(1) It will give out a stern message to him that he cant do it again to you. He would clearly get it that his acts be it playful , mischievous etc is not 'okay' with you. Plus it is sending across a strong message to him. (just in case ppl think that you are 'soft' that you didnt hit back).

This act would be more effective in him not doing it again also I think. Because if you hit him back, then he is going to go to his buddies and plan to do something nasty to you and your friends. Thereby, it could potentially lead to a lot of bad blood between him and you.

(2) By not hitting him back (which is the initial reaction of almost 100% school kids ), you are sending out a statement to everyone surrounding you. Your personal friends/buddies , the aggressor and other onlookers. By not giving in to your desire to instantly extract revenge, you are showing a great quality called 'restraint'. This shows that you aren't just led by your natural desires to hit back out, but it shows really exhibits good character and good morals. People watching around would maybe start thinking highly of you coz of your restraint (to which they look as good character/morals/values). Remember Akhi, we can do daw'aa by our actions too. Don't let opportunities like these go .

Also , try and report to a teacher/supervisor or someone who would care about this issue and has some authority to take action if necessary in the future.

And very important part, Listen to your mother. So as she said .. Dont get into trouble Akhi.. :SMILY105:

And keep your brothers and sisters on TTI updated on what's happening. We are your elders here, so we would love to guide our small bro Insha'Allah as much as we can.. :SMILY206:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge

I guess the reason why all of you aren't taking this seriously is because you're NOT UNDERSTANDING THE SITUATION; IF that boy punched my across the face and made me bleed, IF that boy layed a KNIFE on my neck, IF that boy tripped me DOWN THE STAIRS, OR BEAT MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, it would NOT be the same as when HE PULLED MY KUFI OFF!

IF he did ALL THAT, I WOULD STILL FORGIVE HIM, but NO! He's NOT doing it because it's ME, IT HAS TO DO WITH ISLAM!

If this Kufi that I'm wearing was as important as my clothes on me, then would you THINK that it matters to me?! WELL IT DOESN'T!

MY KUFI ISN'T A PEICE OF CLOTH ON MY HEAD, IT'S MY HONOR TO BE A MUSLIM!

I WAS RAISED IN THE HEART OF THE USA! AND OVER HERE PEOPLE SEE INJUSTICES AND IMMORALITY AS A JOKE!

But Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla ELEVATED ME ABOVE ALL THOSE OTHER KIDS! And NO I DO NOT FEEL ALL PROUD OF MYSELF, BECAUSE BEING A GOOD PERSON DID NOT COME FROM ME, IT IS FROM ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA ALLA!

Wallahi NONE of you understand what something's like unless you FEEL IT YOURSELF!

This boy is NOT going to stop this from HERE, he is going to CONTINUE IT ON, and LAUGH that a MUSLIM DOESN'T STAND UP FOR HIS RELIGION! THAT BOY IS AN EMBICILE, LIKE THE REST OF THE KIDS AROUND ME!

And SO, I RESOLVED what I'M GOING TO DO:

WAIT TILL AFTERSCHOOL WHEN HE WEARS HIS FETY (a kind of large hat that boys think is "cool" and "G-like") OR HIS DO-RAG, AND PULL IT OFF SO HE FEELS DISRESPECTED, AND SO IF HE STARTS GETTING ALL PISSED OFF, AND PULLS MY KUFI OFF AGAIN, THIS TIME IT'LL REALLY GET OVERBOARD!

I guess the reason why all of you aren't taking this seriously is because you're NOT UNDERSTANDING THE SITUATION; IF that boy punched my across the face and made me bleed, IF that boy layed a KNIFE on my neck, IF that boy tripped me DOWN THE STAIRS, OR BEAT MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL, it would NOT be the same as when HE PULLED MY KUFI OFF!

IF he did ALL THAT, I WOULD STILL FORGIVE HIM, but NO! He's NOT doing it because it's ME, IT HAS TO DO WITH ISLAM!

If this Kufi that I'm wearing was as important as my clothes on me, then would you THINK that it matters to me?! WELL IT DOESN'T!

MY KUFI ISN'T A PEICE OF CLOTH ON MY HEAD, IT'S MY HONOR TO BE A MUSLIM!

I WAS RAISED IN THE HEART OF THE USA! AND OVER HERE PEOPLE SEE INJUSTICES AND IMMORALITY AS A JOKE!

But Allah Subhanahu wa Ta Alla ELEVATED ME ABOVE ALL THOSE OTHER KIDS! And NO I DO NOT FEEL ALL PROUD OF MYSELF, BECAUSE BEING A GOOD PERSON DID NOT COME FROM ME, IT IS FROM ALLAH SUBHANAHU WA TA ALLA!

Wallahi NONE of you understand what something's like unless you FEEL IT YOURSELF!

This boy is NOT going to stop this from HERE, he is going to CONTINUE IT ON, and LAUGH that a MUSLIM DOESN'T STAND UP FOR HIS RELIGION! THAT BOY IS AN EMBICILE, LIKE THE REST OF THE KIDS AROUND ME!

And SO, I RESOLVED what I'M GOING TO DO:

WAIT TILL AFTERSCHOOL WHEN HE WEARS HIS FETY (a kind of large hat that boys think is "cool" and "G-like") OR HIS DO-RAG, AND PULL IT OFF SO HE FEELS DISRESPECTED, AND SO IF HE STARTS GETTING ALL P**** OFF, AND PULLS MY KUFI OFF AGAIN, THIS TIME IT'LL REALLY GET OVERBOARD!

(after some time of typing)

And so now what happened is that it's 1:33, and he sat right next to my computer in the empty seat. I turned off the screen, so that he doesn't read all of this, and he said this to me:

"Abdul, I'm really sorry about what I did. I don't know what made me do it, I was just playing around. You know, I don't like what I did, because I go around supporting guys like you, (who aare like someone who just wants to do what's right), and I try my best to do that, and I try to be like a role model to other people, and I'm sorry for what I did, and if you still want to fight me, alright then."

But ONE THING is that I DON'T want to fight him for MYSELF! I JUST WANT TO FIGHT TO AVENGE MY RELIGION, AND THE SUNNAH OF RASULALLAH (SAW! IF THESE TWO THINSG ARE DISRESPECTED, THEN I JUST CAN'T LET SOMEONE DO THAT! IT'S NOT THAT I FEEL DISRESPECTED, IT'S THAT I FEEL THAT MY DEEN AND THE PRACTICES OF MY RASUL HAS BEEN DISRESPECTED!

IslamicGirl24

Assalamu alaykum!

First of all, say Bismillah and take a deep breath..
Brother, I know that you are extremely angry at all of this. Because, trust me, if someone pulled off my hijab.. I would react the same way.
But what the brothers and sisters are trying to tell you here is that fighting is NOT the answer. You classfellow apologized to you and you should forgive and forget what he did to you...
If you still don't feel better, then you should confront him and tell him that what he did was EXTREMELY wrong. Warn him not to repeat something like this again..

Wa alaykumus salam.

OsMaN_93

Here to help

I understand how you feel, I usually let it go... Violence should be a last resort.

Muslims are not pacifists, a pacifist is someone who doesn't fight at all. We muslims have physical Jihad, remember? :lol:

May Allah help you brother. PS. Lol, seriously, I don't advice killing the guy by throwing him 8 feet down the stairs, haha, as you said he now knows you're serious about it, then let it go. But if he does it again kick his little ass.

aless

I am a revert and I can tell you that by playing the game of these people who try to offend you and Islam is due to their superficiality

Islam teaches you to reflect on every issue carefully and find the best path of action.

I got shouted at "what are you wearing" the other day... did I shout back? That would have been mostly inappropriate and I would have shown that I am as ignorant as this man who shouted at me was. you need to see every test has a blessing. So therefore NO I didn't shout back. You know why? cos the man who said that does not know any better... so really my fight was my smile showing that I was absolutely NOT affected by that stupid comment. From the part of that man and the people that were around me at the time, they will ask themselves, why I did not blink one eye when he said that, why i did not feel ridiculed why why why? Because my imaan was strong Masha Allah. Don't give in to the pressure of these people. Even if just one person that was standing around me when the man made that comment will ask herself/himself more questions about Islam and be curious to find out more about it, that would be a beautiful thing insh'Allah. Imagine, the boy who mocked you by behaving so stupidly may have actually helped to get the people standing around or even himself interested in learning more about Islam!!!

Before I was a Muslim NOBODY DID DAWAH to me, nobody talked to me about the Quran, the Prophet (saw) or the Sunnah.

It just happened to me to find myself in some situations where I observed the behaviour of Muslims, who when they were attacked they would stay calm, use above all REASON to put forward arguments and they would still have a smile on their faces, unaffected, how was that possible? that day I found out about the Imaan SubhanAllah

When I was not Muslim, I happened to observe Muslims in my work/ uni environment and I would be always surprised on how they would deal with issues with a depth and cleverness that is found rarely in the superficial world we live in.

The depth was also accompanied by great humbleness (which it was also surprising given the cocky world we live in) because only Allah (SWT) knows best ALLAHU ALAM

You need to show your superiority through your humbleness because that would come as a shock not only to this boy who mocked you, but to everybody around you. At night this boy, away from his peers, will reflect about this insh'Allah, because what he is expecting is you losing control and play the same game that him and his peers play all the time, backbiting, ridiculing, having fun by losing control of their reason and their senses. Remember they are taught the G-life is cool, this is the way to have fun for them, it is not their fault, I grew up in the same environment. This is the way they do things to feel accepted by other people, because that's all that matters to them, seeking acceptance of other people but you can show them better, you seek acceptance of Allah (SWT) alone. You should feel privileged to be able to show what Islam has taught you: reason, humbleness, perseverance, patience, self-defense, strength in belief and steadfastness in your character.

You have to understand he does not know any better, and your firmness in faith, your perseverance, your patience, your deepness in thought and your lack of random unconstrained and superficial behavior will be your call to Islam for him.

I was told a story not long time ago, about how 3 men were in a car, one Muslim the other two non-Muslims. The Muslim was driving and was debating with the one at the front who was disagreeing with the teachings of Islam. In the heated debate, the person at the back stayed quite. The brother took so much effort in trying to convince this man at the front about Islam (and he did not manage). The passenger at the back, however, not long after actually reverted to Islam.

This is to show you what other brothers and sisters have said on this thread. You are an ambassador, you have the greatest responsibility. By showing your good qualities to this boy you are also making dawah to your fellow schoolmates, who you could inspire into Islam. If you resort to violence straight away without using other techniques first everybody will think that the Muslim boy is exactly like the G wannabes. Imagine, the boy subconsciously may have done it cos he wants to know more about Islam, maybe he's jealous of you character, but he cant ask due to his peers. With this I am not saying that you should not defend yourself. Please defend yourself at all times insha Allah. As they say though, work smart not hard insh'Allah.

Just imagine how many potential reverts/converts there could be in your school. Remember your strong imaan can allow you to be unaffected by their superficial mockery BUT They WILL be affected by your imaan insha Allah.

Hate their sins, but see any non-Muslim as a potential revert insh'Allah

I ask for forgiveness for anything wrong that I may have said

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

Brother Abdul hasib that is a test from Allah. Alla tested you to see if you will be patient. One of the companions ( muaz ibn jabal) was asking for an advice and the prophet :saw: said " la taghdab" Dont be angry". Not controling anger leads to more evil. Allah even informs us in quran to return evil with good and you will see that the enemy will become a good person to you. For sure hitting him will cause only more harm and more problems. Just know what the prophets and their companions went through. Our tests are no compared to theirs. The more iman a person has, the bigger the test from Allah azawajal. Allah tests us because He loves us. With tests and patience Allah raises our ranks in paradise and forgives our sins.

So, be patient as Allah says in surah mulk that He created the life and death to test who will behave in the most riches manners and action.

Allah knows best

Wassealam

island muslim

Salaam Alaiykum little brother,

I know you dont know me much but I felt I have to advise you as an older brother. My advise to you comes STRAIGHT from the Quran , Inshaallah you will follow what Allah (swt) has commanded as it fits your situation exactly as the the kid who 'attacked' and 'fought' you now is inclined to peace.

But if they incline to peace, you also incline to it, and (put your) trust in Allah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower.
(Al-Anfal, Chapter #8, Verse #61)

Insha allah you will take the wisdom from Allah Almighty.

safiya58

brother did you ask yourself wether it is haram or halal to do so? If I was you I would be angry too and I would feel like you do but still it is haram to beat someone up... I will advice you to do what the brothers and sisters have adviced you... be patient and control your anger... and do not forget about your responsibility as a muslim... Allah has blessed you so don´t transgess His limits... one name of Him is As- Sabur (the patient) now we find kuffar they slander Allah Subanallahu Teala astagfirullah and are very insolent but still Allah The Most High is providing them with nourishment and air etc, subanallah... fight for your rights and fight injustice but without transgessing Allahs limits..... try to talk in a kind way to him explain him that your deen is important for you and he have to respect it. Maybe when he realizes how kind you are he will feel sorry... and do not talk negative about your father... may Allah guide him to the straight path...

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....

Seriously brother, you should stop hyping so much. He pulled your Kufi - okay; if it really meant that much to you - you should have done something about it there and then (not that I'm encouraging any violence) but the moment has passed. It's pretty silly of you ranting and raving about it now on a forum and contemplating how to take revenge. Rise it above it brother, you don't want to look petty.

wsalam

q8penpals

Hate their sins, but see any non-Muslim as a potential revert insh'Allah

Assalam aliekum

Masha'Allah, this is the best quote I have seen in a long time! May Allah bless you and your way of explaining things!