In a tight corner - in need of some advice :)

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamulaikum everybody! Inshallah you are all in the best of health and imaan.

Ok hmmm.. I'll get straight to the point....and just ask the question...

Is it permissible in Islam to "severe" relationship ties with your blood-related brother if they really start to get to you...

The matter is serious and it does effect my imaan (especially when my imaan is already low and I am currently doing my best to increase it) Its like getting an 18-wheeler dropped on you when your already down in the dirt...

Additional information:

My brother was a Muslim before.
Now he is Atheist-agnostic.
He abuses me and Islam (Religion in general) verbally in nearly every single time we engage in speech (directly and indirectly)

Its really getting to a climatic point...
I was thinking of moving out and keeping minimal to no contact with him.

I know people have suffered far far far worse then me and I can start to feel perhaps like 0.5% of what a revert must feel like....it truly is horrible...

and I know that people will say "keep on going at it he might look at you or something and become Muslim again" well.. I dont know about that because we have had multiple arguments with my imaan in the dirt afterwards always and ive lashed out too... Its so frustrating to just hold it in sometimes...

The situation goes far deeper - but I think I will leave it here for now.
Sorry if I have gone onto a rant :(

I think I may already know the answer to the question, but I just want to confirm it...

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Akhi I found a fatwa which doesn't address your issue *exactly*..but within it there are some important information..please read through it..and actually..you *should* submit your question so you'd get a fatwa specific *to your situation*..so you'd be *on the safe side*..because cutting your ties of kinship is a very SERIOUS matter..nonetheless..the points of this fatwa have good insight..and Allah Knows best

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/91665/صلة الرحم

:wasalam:

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Akhi I found a fatwa which doesn't address your issue *exactly*..but within it there are some important information..please read through it..and actually..you *should* submit your question so you'd get a fatwa specific *to your situation*..so you'd be *on the safe side*..because cutting your ties of kinship is a very SERIOUS matter..nonetheless..the points of this fatwa have good insight..and Allah Knows best

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/91665/صلة الرحم

:wasalam:

Jazakallah khair for the reply sister - I might just have to submit my own question - but the stuff I have mentioned in this thread is just only 1 half of the problem... :(

This dunya is indeed full of trials...

runayrus

Yearning Slave
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullah Wabarakaatuh

Brother, I have replied to your post on my thread. Alhamdulilah, your kind words helped ease off the distress a little.

[Sahih Bukhari]

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas r.a:

The Prophet used to invoke Allah at the time of distress by saying;

"La ilaha illallahu al-'Azim al-Hakim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbul-'arsh il-'Azim, La ilaha illallahu Rabbus-samawati wa Rabbul-ardi wa Rabbul-'arshil Karim"

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Majestic, the Most Forebearing. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the Tremendous Throne. None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, the Lord of the heaven and the Lord of the earth and the Lord of the Honourable Throne.

gazkour

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allahi wa barakato

I think if this matter is getting to the point of affecting your iman, then it would be wise to be away for a while. Of course this does not necessarily mean to cut ties with your brother, which is not good anyway. This just means letting things cool a bit and also by being apart sometimes relationships get closer and stronger.

It's just my opinion. Do make a lot of du'a for Allah's guidance is the best.

May Allah guide us all.

Assalamo alikom wa rahmato Allah wa barakato

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumasalam - jazakallah khair for both the advices I will inshallah implement them both and im glad to hear to be of some help "runayrus" :)

island muslim

As Salaam Alaiykum brother Ali,

I cannot advise further to what the brothers and sisters posted to you but insha'allah I will keep you in my dua's.

May Allah (swt) ease your situation and strengthen your eeman to deal with whatever comes ameen

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Walaikumasalam brother jazakallah khair for the dua - May Allah guide and strengthen us all in our imaan.ameen.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u Alaikum wr wb,

may Allah help you and your brother. Cutting off relationship is serious but maitaining a relationship with the one who insult Allah and HIS religion is far more serious. As per my understanding, relationship in faith (brothers in Islam) take precedence over relationship in blood. Muslims are commanded to be respectful and obedient to their kaffir parents but they are not required to remain in contact or maintain their kinship to their other blood relatives who have left and insult Islam.

May Allah keep you steadfast and give guidance to your brother. Surely noone can misguide to whom HE guides.

Wa Alaikum Salam,

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum akhi, this fatwa definitely relates to this part of your situation. hope it helps. just warn him and let him now why you are leaving him. Wasalamu 3alaykum wrwb akhi. here is the fatwa.

Cutting off ties with a non-Muslim sister
I entered Islaam five years ago, and my family find it hard to accept. My sister cut off ties with me for a year, then she got in touch and asked me to forgive her, which I did. But she has not stopped insulting my Islaam and attacking me at every chance she gets. I told her several times that she is hurting me, but she didn’t stop. After years of suffering, I sent her a letter telling me to contact me only if her attitude changed, otherwise, not to get in touch. Did I do the right thing?

Praise be to Allaah.

Because of the insults that you suffered, there is nothing wrong with what you did, in sha Allaah. This would not be considered as "breaking family ties", and it may give her the opportunity to think about what she has done.

Al-‘Allaamah al’Safaareeni, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his book Ghidhaa’ al-Albaab: "Ibn Abi Hamzah said: ‘The ties of kinship may be by money, by helping at times of need, by warding off harm, by meeting them with a smiling face, and by praying for them. The general meaning is that one helps them in good ways as much as possible and helps them to resist or fight evil as much as possible. This is the case if one’s relatives are righteous, but if they are kaafirs or are wrongdoers, then cutting off ties with them for the sake of Allaah is how one maintains the tie, on the condition that one tries to warn them, and tells them that the reason for cutting the ties is because of their deviation from the truth. At the same time, the connection of making du’aa’ for them should remain, and you should pray for them in their absence that Allaah will guide them to the Right Path. (al-Tuhfah: Ghidha’ al-Albaab, 1/356).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Asalamu alaykum akhi, this fatwa definitely relates to this part of your situation. hope it helps. just warn him and let him now why you are leaving him. Wasalamu 3alaykum wrwb akhi. here is the fatwa.

Cutting off ties with a non-Muslim sister
I entered Islaam five years ago, and my family find it hard to accept. My sister cut off ties with me for a year, then she got in touch and asked me to forgive her, which I did. But she has not stopped insulting my Islaam and attacking me at every chance she gets. I told her several times that she is hurting me, but she didn’t stop. After years of suffering, I sent her a letter telling me to contact me only if her attitude changed, otherwise, not to get in touch. Did I do the right thing?

Praise be to Allaah.

Because of the insults that you suffered, there is nothing wrong with what you did, in sha Allaah. This would not be considered as "breaking family ties", and it may give her the opportunity to think about what she has done.

Al-‘Allaamah al’Safaareeni, may Allaah have mercy on him, said in his book Ghidhaa’ al-Albaab: "Ibn Abi Hamzah said: ‘The ties of kinship may be by money, by helping at times of need, by warding off harm, by meeting them with a smiling face, and by praying for them. The general meaning is that one helps them in good ways as much as possible and helps them to resist or fight evil as much as possible. This is the case if one’s relatives are righteous, but if they are kaafirs or are wrongdoers, then cutting off ties with them for the sake of Allaah is how one maintains the tie, on the condition that one tries to warn them, and tells them that the reason for cutting the ties is because of their deviation from the truth. At the same time, the connection of making du’aa’ for them should remain, and you should pray for them in their absence that Allaah will guide them to the Right Path. (al-Tuhfah: Ghidha’ al-Albaab, 1/356).

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
Walaikumasalam WOW! jazakallah khair thats so what I was looking for :D:D:D:D

May Allah swt guide you and bless you in your good actions.ameen.