Sarkozy speaks out against niqab!!!!!!

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
Sarkozy speaks out against niqab, although he believes in "freedom"!!.
What on the earth is this??
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8112821.stm

Just for knowledge.
I'm going to show to you how the non-Musliamh is respected by Satan fellow whether Non-Muslim or Non practice the teaches of Islam!!!!.

Herstory of Domestic Violence: A Timeline of the Battered Women's Movement

http://www.mincava.umn.edu/documents/herstory/herstory.html

Violence Against Women Statistics

United States - College-related
! Every 21 hours on each college campus in the U.S. there is a rape. (Campus Outreach Services)

! From 1993-1998, women ages 16 to 24 experienced the highest per capita rates of intimate violence (19.6 per 1,000 women). ("Intimate Partner Violence," Bureau of Justice Statistics, May 2000)

! A woman is most likely to experience an assault during her first two months of college. (Campus Outreach Services)

!Nearly 3% of college women experienced a completed or attempted rape during the college year. ("The Sexual Victimization of College Women," National Institute of Justice and Bureau of Justice Statistics, January 26, 2001)

! For completed and attempted rapes, nearly 90% of the victims knew the offender, who was usually a classmate, friend, ex-boyfriend or acquaintance. ("The Sexual Victimization of College Women," National Institute of Justice and Bureau of Justice Statistics, January 26, 2001)
More....
http://ux.brookdalecc.edu/fac/engtech/lhailey/violencestats.htm

kayleigh

Forcing a women to uncover is just as criminal and oppressive as forcing a woman to cover.

I think ideally, it would be nice if the government could protect women who are forced to wear it. But that's impossible so they're instead punishing EVERYONE who wears it - even those who wear it by choice. He acts as though his goal is assimilation, but if he bans it, the women who wear it will just stay inside all day and not leave the house for anything. How is that assimilation? Sounds like house arrest to me.

Nurain

Assalamu alaykum

I don't get the rationale of it, highly possible cos I'm a muslim. Donning burka is oppressive? So sexy women with lack of clothing is not a portraying a form of oppression itself? Secondly, why is this being made into an issue anyway? France must really have got nothing better to do with their time. Let the women be, they should conduct a total survey on those wearing burka and in sha Allaah ta'ala might find most might be donning as such due to their strong eman.

rtbour

american muslima
I am more concerned that France has already completely banned girls from wearing even a head scarf when they go to school. They shouldn't ban things like this. I dont understand how the govt is even allowed to control their people so severely. In the US, girls/women can wear head scarves everywhere. The govt is creating new laws right now which protect women from being forced to take it off even for drivers license pictures (this has become a big issue over the past few years). It's insane that a government would forbid someone from wearing a piece of clothing. I'm sure they haven't banned girls from wearing mini skirts and skimpy shirts to school and looking like prostitutes. Why, then, would they ban the hijab and niqab? However, please realize that while you all are attacking France, Saudi Arabia is guilty of the same thing but reversed. Women cannot go out without hijab in Saudi, which I also find insanely stupid. One of the rules of hijab is that a woman should not be forced to wear it and it only really counts if she wears it by choice. It says that in the Quran. France is not the only place having hijab problems.

kayleigh

The problem is that France has been so against religion and the state mixing since the revolution. However, they've taken it too far where the state now controls religion. Interestingly enough, very, very few countries actually have laws in place that separate religion and state, yet some countries manage it well and some go overboard like France and Turkey. Europe has issues with immigrants assimilating anyway - especially immigrants from Muslim majority countries - and so they have a lot of issues with racism as it is. They try to control immigrant populations and "European-ize" them in many different ways other than controlling religion and religious expression, and it's not just France that does this. Things like controlling what languages are spoken on playgrounds, or having to get goverment authorization to name your children.

In France's case, I'm guessing their reasoning is a) assimilation, and b) "saving" women from "oppression". Indeed some women are forced to wear hijab or burka or whatever, but the number who chose to wear it far outweigh the number who are forced into it. Plus, a ban would work directly against assimilation.

The way I see it, the responsible thing for France or any government to do would be to set up places and processes women can go to/through to get help if they're being forced to wear it or otherwise abused. The small number of women who are forced to wear it would most likely never go public about it, though, for several reasons. But it's the best the government can do. Controlling how women dress themselves and basically giving citizens a dress code is a little too 1984 for me.

rtbour

american muslima
"Controlling how women dress themselves and basically giving citizens a dress code is a little too 1984 for me."

Haha. Funny but true. I completely agree with that statement.

vegangoth

Banned
I think it's really great that he is putting women's issues in the forefront of people's mind but I do think that he is scaremongering a little. I also think it a bit off that he is saying what people can and cannot wear, but then that's is nothing new after all the Koran doe's the very same thing, but for very diffrent reasons.

Jannah03

vegan, seriously stop creating drama. are you here to learn or speak against every little thing about islam? Allah orders men and women to cover their bodies for good reasons

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
Asalaamualaykum,

What a load of rubish! i can assure you that this has nothing to do with 'women's rights' or 'protecting women'! they are just using it as a cloak to disguise their real intentions! spare me!! bah!

One word comes to mind! (no actually two) cynical hypocrates!

Hasbunallah wani'mal wakeel is all i have to say.

vegangoth

Banned
vegan, seriously stop creating drama. are you here to learn or speak against every little thing about islam? Allah orders men and women to cover their bodies for good reasons

I know he does but you can't complain when someone speaks out about what people can and cannot wear ( as the French PM is doing) but follow the koran which is doing the same thing even if it is for good reasons. Fench bloke thinks he is saying those things for the right reasons too.

rtbour

american muslima
what ayah says it doesnt count if hijab is forced?

It says something about the woman needing to wear it for the right reasons. If she wears it because others tell her to, not because she personally believes it is what Allah wants, then her intentions are wrong and she might as well not be wearing it. I'm looking for the exact place where it talks about this in the Quran. I'll post it as soon as I find it.

SWORD OF SUNNA

slave Of Allah
I know he does but you can't complain when someone speaks out about what people can and cannot wear ( as the French PM is doing) but follow the koran which is doing the same thing even if it is for good reasons. Fench bloke thinks he is saying those things for the right reasons too.
The differences is The similar to the contrast between East and West.
The Quran is god's worda, so it has many reasons for the woman, but the second is a guy words, has no sense of the morality.
What the good reasons for banning niqab, if its her choice??
May you watch this video please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJPAlkAJJw

Cheers.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
However, please realize that while you all are attacking France, Saudi Arabia is guilty of the same thing but reversed. Women cannot go out without hijab in Saudi, which I also find insanely stupid. One of the rules of hijab is that a woman should not be forced to wear it and it only really counts if she wears it by choice. It says that in the Quran. France is not the only place having hijab problems.

One thing needs to be brought into consideration here. Saudi Arabia is not like other countries and definitely not like Western countries when it comes to dress code. It is MOST DEFINITELY the holiest place on earth for all Muslims. Thus, a sense of modesty most DEFINITELY must be maintained. It doesnt matter if they give females a choice to go without it or not. We must remember that the ruler of a country maintains the responsibility of the state of his people. Granted he cannot control the actions of each and every single individual but if he can keep them from falling into fitnah or leaving the true teachings of Islam, then he must indeed take those precautions. In today's day and age, I doubt many women in Islamic countries would be wearing hijab if it were left up to them. It must be understood that Saudi Arabia is the very land that was blessed by Allah as he told Hadrat Ibrahim a.s. Thus, it is the holiest place on earth for us in addition to the fact that the House of Allah is there as well. In my opinion, they most DEFINITELY have the right to mandate hijab. This isn't just any old country, people; this is the very land blessed by GOD and the land of all Muslims. If a person doesn't like the concept of hijab being forced on them, they're either non-muslim or a muslim who doesn't like hijab. Therefore, realize that no one is forcing you to stay there. But to ask the country to adopt to western ideals and make hijab a choice is just RIDICULOUS. This isn't just any old country, it's THE Holiest Land for all Muslims and some adab must be maintained. In other words, STICK to the Quran and Sunnah. Wearing hijab is most definitely doing that. Therefore, I think it would be very disrespectful for anyone to be in Saudia and not wear hijab. It's an Islamic country, Islam requires a woman to wear hijab, and it is not only AN Islamic country, it is THE Islamic country. Wearing hijab in Saudi Arabia is the LEAST the women can do there in regards to showing Islam the respect it deserves. I would really like to see this ayah you speak of that says that a woman's hijab only really counts if she wears it by choice. One thing we need to remember being Muslims is that ONCE YOU ACCEPT ALLAH AS YOUR ONE TRUE GOD AND THE PROPHET MUHAMMAD AS HIS MESSENGER, THERE IS NO ROOM FOR YOUR OPINION.

Here's some daleel emphasizing the necessity of hijab:

Responding to Allaah’s command of hijab and warning against going against that command

Praise be to Allaah.

When Allaah, may He be exalted, and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) enjoin something, it is obligatory for the Muslim to say, “We hear and we obey,” and to hasten to carry out what has been enjoined upon him. This is what is required by faith in Allaah.

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

Shaykh ‘Abd al-Rahmaan al-Sa’di (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

“It is not for a believer, man or woman” means: it is not appropriate or befitting for the one who is described as a believer to do anything other than to hasten to please Allaah and His Messenger, and to flee from incurring the wrath of Allaah and His Messenger, and to obey their commands, and to avoid that which they have prohibited. It is not appropriate for a believing man or a believing woman “when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter” and enjoined it, “that they should have any option in their decision”. They do not have the choice of whether to do it or not, rather the believing man and the believing woman know that the Messenger is dearer to them then their own selves, so they should not let their own whims and desires form a barrier between them and obeying the command of Allaah and His Messenger.

“And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error” means, an obvious error, because he has forsaken the Straight Path which leads to the reward of Allaah, and has strayed to another path which leads to a painful torment. So Allaah mentions first the reason for not going against the command of Allaah and His Messenger, which is faith, then He mentions the deterrent for that, which is fear of going astray, which leads to punishment and humiliation. End quote.

Tafseer al-Sa’di, p. 612.

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) told us that the one who disobeys him is the one who does not want to enter Paradise! Al-Bukhaari (7280) narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “All of my ummah will enter Paradise except those who refuse.” They said: “O Messenger of Allaah, who would refuse?” He said: “Whoever obeys me will enter Paradise and whoever disobeys me has refused.”

When the command of hijab came, the first Muslim women hastened to obey it, so much so that the women tore their clothes in order to hasten to obey this command. This is what is meant by faith.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: May Allaah have mercy on the women of the early muhaajireen. When Allaah revealed the words “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)”, they tore their aprons and covered their faces with them. Narrated by al-Bukhaari in a mu’allaq report and by Abu Dawood (4102); classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

Muroot, sing. murt (translated here as “aprons”) refers to the izaar or lower garment.

Fath al-Baari, 8/490

Our advice to those sisters is to hasten to obey the command of Allaah without any hesitation, and not to try to obey part of the command and neglect part of it. It is obligatory for a woman to cover her hair, face and all of her body, and it is not permissible for her to show any part of that in front of non-mahram men. Whoever does that is exposing herself to the threat and is lacking in faith to the extent that she is failing to respond to the command of Allaah.

In the answer to question no. 11774 we have explained the ruling on women covering their faces, with detailed evidence.

In the answer to question no. 6244 we have answered the question: “Why should women cover their hair?”

In the answer to questions no. 214 and 6991 we have given a description of correct hijab.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A